Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

From today's Scotman's rumour page:

• Hibs have signed Celtic defensive midfielder Richie Towell on loan from Celtic
    Partick Thistle's loan move for Motherwell's Robert McHugh rests on Stuart McCall landing Mike Grella from Leeds
    • Dundee's Leigh Griffiths will complete a £150,000 move to Leeds within the next 24 hours
    • Dundee have offered a trial to ex-Aberdeen midfielder Gary Dempsey
    Falkirk are 24 hours away from signing Pedro Moutinho for a third time
    • Patrick Thistle striker Kris Doolan has signed a two-year contract extension

First point is obviously out of date (or are club trying an appeal ala Cousin???)

Second point is Moutinho is not getting an offer maybe re-enforcing point 1??

Here's a shout.

Michael Fraser is training just now with Falkirk, worth a punt? Half decent pedigree, recent history is a bit murky though, however we don't know the full story why he left Hearts by mutual consent and things turned sour in Turkey. Everything points to him starting a fight in an empty room though.

Secondly don't be surprised if a current first team starter has his contract is extended this week.

Seen Stewart linked with Accies earlier this week - while guy has some ability rumour is that he destroys dressing rooms and is a total d**k - don't think this would be a move in the right direction

From today's Scotman's rumour page:

• Hibs have signed Celtic defensive midfielder Richie Towell on loan from Celtic
    Partick Thistle's loan move for Motherwell's Robert McHugh rests on Stuart McCall landing Mike Grella from Leeds
    • Dundee's Leigh Griffiths will complete a £150,000 move to Leeds within the next 24 hours
    • Dundee have offered a trial to ex-Aberdeen midfielder Gary Dempsey
    Falkirk are 24 hours away from signing Pedro Moutinho for a third time
    • Patrick Thistle striker Kris Doolan has signed a two-year contract extension

First point is obviously out of date (or are club trying an appeal ala Cousin???)

Second point is Moutinho is not getting an offer maybe re-enforcing point 1??

STV

English teams have fielded players who have had more than 2 clubs.

Wouldn't touch Stewart with a barge pole, he'd ruin any spirit in the dressing room.

agree 100%. surely we've learned our lesson after malcolm and gow.

i wouldn't get too excited about senior players, it's more likely to be craggs or hammell adding another year than jenno or sutton agreeing new deals.

Evidence that either Malcolm or Gow ruined any spirit or had any negative influence?

Or too good an opportunity to have yet another go at them? :rolleyes:

malcolm - the guy was picking up 3 grand a week for doing hee haw. i dubt that he ruined spirit in the dressing room but we certainly have used the wage a lot better in 08/09.

gow - i think it's clear that he had a bad effect on the squad. murphy was shunted out wide so gow could ponce about in a free role, by the time the accies game came round he looked completely scunnered.

big sutty was treated like shite on someones shoe to fit gow in. dropped after a decent start to the season, he then comes back in and we win two games but gets dropped at easter road and slapped in the face by being a 92 min sub, a sub again at love st and we play better and score when he comes on but he still doesn't start the hearts game, he's still on the bench against rangers even though gow is dire and blackman asks not to play and even though he comes on and scores he's still on the bench at parkhead where gow disgraces himself further and the same again at accies. it was pretty clear by sutton's body language while warming up, his reaction to fans shouting for him and his reaction when he scored at dundee that it was bothering him.

So Malcolm was a dig just for the sake of it then?

As for Gow, the guy could have cured cancer and you'd still have moaned that it took him too long or that he denied someone else the chance to do it...... anyway, no evidence that Gow himself was a detrimental influence on the dressing room spirit.

Was Lukas Jutkiewicz a bad influence because Sutton was shunted to left midfield to accomodate him? Or is that ok, because folk liked him and weren't straight on his back before he'd kicked a ball for us?

guy in my work has just asked me if i knew of, or had heard anything about Sutton to Smeltic. He's a tim, so I asked him for links etc as to where this was being discussed. He said its on a few of their forums - namely the green brigade forum.

Celtic fans are saying that Lennon is looking for a target man as Daryl Murphy failed to live up to expectations - they have Stokes and Hooper who are similar, so are looking for something different. They were also saying he has limited ability in the sense that he aint going to cut it in Europe, however could certainly do a job domestically.

Would be gutted if he left, great player for us and would be a major loss

anyone know or heard?!

there's a clear link between malcolm and stewart. guys that came through at big clubs, aren't as good as they think they are, are overpaid and are absolute nuggets.

gow keeping sutton out the team pretty much summed up the change in our team between the start of october and the new year. the guy was a waster, never produced on the pitch yet was continually retained in the team, do you think that's unconnected to the turd performances we got against hearts, rangers and accies?

the juke isn't a valid comparison. he clearly earned his stripes with goals and playing injured. remember this was a guy who got a puncture wound with stitched in his thigh on the saturday yet declared himself fit to play 30 mins as a sub on the wednesday.

guy in my work has just asked me if i knew of, or had heard anything about Sutton to Smeltic. He's a tim, so I asked him for links etc as to where this was being discussed. He said its on a few of their forums - namely the green brigade forum.

Celtic fans are saying that Lennon is looking for a target man as Daryl Murphy failed to live up to expectations - they have Stokes and Hooper who are similar, so are looking for something different. They were also saying he has limited ability in the sense that he aint going to cut it in Europe, however could certainly do a job domestically.

Would be gutted if he left, great player for us and would be a major loss

anyone know or heard?!

i've heard that big sutty regularly scoops with lennon up the west end.

nae idea if lennon would bring someone in because he's a mate.

i've heard that big sutty regularly scoops with lennon up the west end.

nae idea if lennon would bring someone in because he's a mate.

i heard that Sutton was tee total...............Lennon on the other hand isny! Maybe John just takes him home in his taxi!!

there's a clear link between malcolm and stewart. guys that came through at big clubs, aren't as good as they think they are, are overpaid and are absolute nuggets.

gow keeping sutton out the team pretty much summed up the change in our team between the start of october and the new year. the guy was a waster, never produced on the pitch yet was continually retained in the team, do you think that's unconnected to the turd performances we got against hearts, rangers and accies?

the juke isn't a valid comparison. he clearly earned his stripes with goals and playing injured. remember this was a guy who got a puncture wound with stitched in his thigh on the saturday yet declared himself fit to play 30 mins as a sub on the wednesday.

Gow and Blackman were/are very similar players, not a good partnership, and Blackman was better than Gow. Sutton or Murphy should have partnered either of them.

The performances against Hearts, Rangers and Accies? Was Gow the only one on the park then? The entire team was poor in those 3 games, 2 of those games followed long lay offs and the entire team looked rusty.

As for Accies, well Blackman was just as bad as Gow that day but was applauded off the park. One player had the the backing of the fans from day one, while the other was jeered every time he made a mistake. Do you think that's unconnected? You try something different, it doesn't come off and you are met with derision... great for the confidence eh?

Anyway, I was irked at the inference that just because you didn't like both players they automatically became a bad influence in the dressing room. Had the pleasure of meeting Bob Malcolm off the park, and a nugget he certainly is not by the way - and stick thin into the bargain.

Alan Gow league matches since leaving Falkirk

0 wins in 0 for Rangers - didn't play a game

4 wins in 17 for Blackpool - loan not renewed

4 wins in 13 for Norwich - loan not renewed

2 wins in 14 for Plymouth - Signed for 200K for 2 years, loaned after 6 months, released after 1 year

1 win in 7 for Hibs - loan not renewed

7 wins in 16 for Motherwell - short term contract not renewed

0 wins in 2 for Notts County

Last 3 league victories in which Alan Gow played the majority of the game

06/11/10 ICT 1- 2 Mothewell subbed 84mins for Forbes

23/10/10 Motherwell 2 - 1 Dundee United subbed 78mins for Sutton

07/11/09 Plymouth 2 - 1 Doncaster subbed 69mins for Noone

Last league victory where Gow played 90 minutes

10/03/09 Norwich 2 - 0 Cardiff

-------------------------------------------

Aside from his spell at Fir Park he has been a loser (3 wins with us he came on as a sub after the game was won, last minute St.J, Hearts and 79mins up 3-0 vs St.J) for the last 3 years, he hasn't helped any of the clubs he has been with. If you want facts backing up that he is cancer at whatever club he goes to you only need to look at what he has achieved. His behaviour when negotiating with Swindon was called a disgrace.