Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

i think that's too late to come back to be honest, if we get sent somewhere warm after only a fortnight's training we could end up taking a doing.

i also don't buy into the theory that they need so much time off. guys like danny alves and xavi have been playing 60+ top class games a season for 11 months of the year for the past 3 years without too much trouble. other sports that are much more physically intensive such as tennis and pro cycling only tend to take a month off each year. 4 or 5 weeks off is more than enough imo.

i think that's too late to come back to be honest, if we get sent somewhere warm after only a fortnight's training we could end up taking a doing.

i also don't buy into the theory that they need so much time off. guys like danny alves and xavi have been playing 60+ top class games a season for 11 months of the year for the past 3 years without too much trouble. other sports that are much more physically intensive such as tennis and pro cycling only tend to take a month off each year. 4 or 5 weeks off is more than enough imo.

it was 40+ in the shade last season and we did no to bad

while it would be handy to have someone who can score penalties this isn't a move i'd be keen on. we've got a perfectly good left back and i don't think having a player/coach is a particularly good idea in general.

brown's had a great start to his time here but he's got to prove he can cut it in the transfer market this summer. the attempt to get craig moore was a bad sign and micheal mcglinchey was a total waste of time and money who did the square root of fuck all on the park except take up minutes that could have been given to mchugh or pollock. for me davidson would be another backwards looking move, we should be trying to get guys who's best days are ahead of them.

Although our manager has been heard to claim 'if another two players arrived in January, we would have sealed 3rd place'... He's also talked up those signed from the development squad. An unprecedented 9(?) signings that have to be tempered with decent experience, although, I feel this will mark the majority of any signings made. The highlighted statement sums it up for me, Davidson? Goes against the grain does that, unsure Mr Boyle would back such a move.

As for the McGlinchey move, he picked up an injury and his signing was a view to getting him fit for the World Cup. I'd suspect the move suited both parties with little outlay from the club.

Simple really. I don't rate the guy as a footballer, although he is better than McGarry ever was. We have managed fine without him this season, and to be honest I can't see him getting a regular place in the side anyway when fit. Squad player at best, but as others have pointed out we have youngsters getting promoted who can take the role of squad players.

Nothing personal, I don't pretend to know the guy, I dont have anything against him, I just don't think he can cut the mustard.

Agree with this all the way.I just dont rate the guy

does anyone know any details about when the squad will be back training and how long brown is away in qatar for?

Hope he brings a couple of sand dancers back with him coz i don't reckon we've had one them since Bobby Russell :rolleyes:

Pinch of salt there I'd think. Reynolds for £150K? And Hately on a free considering their pitch is worse than ours (copyright DRiordan)........

According to Hibs.net, Hibs are signing Reynolds (£150K) and Hateley (Free).... :whistling:

Not a snowballs chance in Hell we would sell them Reynolds for that, and I doubt he would want to go there, he is looking to advance his career, not remain stationary. scoff scoff scoff.

Hately maybe. But I dont see much point in that move either.

ANY MOTHERWELL PLAYER THINKING OF JOINING HIBS... JUST GO TALK TO BRIAN KERR OR GRAEME SMITH.

ANY MOTHERWELL PLAYER THINKING OF JOINING HIBS... JUST GO TALK TO BRIAN KERR OR GRAEME SMITH.

Who would doubtless say "Hibs finished above Motherwell and can pay more". So maybe not such a good idea...

Who would doubtless say "Hibs finished above Motherwell and can pay more". So maybe not such a good idea...

Only because they would be too proud to admit their careers have gone nowhere since they left!! Brian Kerr has most certainly gone backwards (probably both talent-wise and financially), while Smith hasnt exactly set the heathers on fire and will no doubt find himself far down the pecking order eventually.

So maybe it still is a good idea, particularly in reference to Kerr.

Only because they would be too proud to admit their careers have gone nowhere since they left!! Brian Kerr has most certainly gone backwards (probably both talent-wise and financially), while Smith hasnt exactly set the heathers on fire and will no doubt find himself far down the pecking order eventually.

So maybe it still is a good idea, particularly in reference to Kerr.

brian peeped his horn as he passed in a rather nice sports bmw last week :nod: