Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

i've kind of given up on coke and hateley. i heard a while ago coke's family didn't settle up here and he'd be off, combine that with the interest from down south and that he hasn't actually signed (and as of yesterday isn't being paid be anymore) and you have to say it doesn't look good.

tom hateley was apparently making some ridiculous demands to the club. i think his da and his agent think he's worth a lot more than he is and are probably looking elsewhere. i'd be happy to see him signed for next season but if he's not at the first day of training we should tell him not bother.

i've kind of given up on coke and hateley. i heard a while ago coke's family didn't settle up here and he'd be off, combine that with the interest from down south and that he hasn't actually signed (and as of yesterday isn't being paid be anymore) and you have to say it doesn't look good.

tom hateley was apparently making some ridiculous demands to the club. i think his da and his agent think he's worth a lot more than he is and are probably looking elsewhere. i'd be happy to see him signed for next season but if he's not at the first day of training we should tell him not bother.

MASSIVE hike in wages I trust?

Well. I'm more interested in hearing about players who are wanting to play for Motherwell to be honest!

PLeased about McHugh, reckon he has potential. Its also good to see we are tying players down to more than one year deals... still think we have to make 3 or 4 signings this summer... but hopefully we will be spared a big squad rebuild again next summer.

I think now we need to retain or replace coke and hately with at least one midfielder... we need a striker and a keeper as priorities.... and an o'brien replacement would be nice but that probably isnt the priority.

If we sell Reynolds and stick Hutch in maybe that money will go back into plugging those gaps in the squad.

It never goes to plan though.

Glad to see us tie up the best of our young talent. That said I like most would be somewhat underwhelmed unless we can either keep or replace Ruddy, Lukas, Coke + Hately with like for like replacements as difficult as that may be.

We can expect the younger ones to be another year wiser and experienced and we have Hutchison and Page - so are reasonable well served in defence.

Coke I think will be a NO NO. Lukas and Ruddy will depend on interest from potential buyers or they may well end back up here on loan - here's hoping.

Hately - as stated previously would have been a must on 1st half season, a maybe on 2nd half and I don't care based on the last few games when he WAS mince. I would not bow to his supposed superior demands. On his day he is a worthwhile addition, but his defending and covering was woeful latterly especially at Ibrox.

Aye. More interested in hearing about the 1st team regulars to be honest!

Must admit I can see where you come from in that but in my opinion I think its important that we get the youth and future of our club tied up. Young guys who can see further than the end of their noses in there careers and know this is a good place to play.

Congrats to the club, we as fans have been moaning for too long that we dont tie our lads down and lose them ala Slane but they have to be congrtulated in investing in our future.

Plus I rate what I have seen of Mchugh very highly, reminds me off a young Gary McSwegan, very solid player who I think can go on to be a very good player for our club.

Must admit I can see where you come from in that but in my opinion I think its important that we get the youth and future of our club tied up.

Of course it's important, absolutely. The youth of today at Motherwell are the first team regulars tomorrow potentially. So without doubt it's vital.

What I meant was, for the immediate future of the team and to help us decide how the season ahead might shape up, I think it's vitally important (if not more so) to get the first team regulars either A. tied up on contracts or B. out the club so we know where we stand and what we need to do.

Guest 'Flow

It was 2011!

He signed a two-year extention...

We've now got most, if not all, of our younger players tied up for 2 and 3 years!

It was 2011!

He signed a two-year extention...

We've now got most, if not all, of our younger players tied up for 2 and 3 years!

That's excellent news and probably the most important side of the business for us to look after going forward.

I like the look of McHugh and if it stops the Old Firm stealing the best talent for peanuts then bleating about how the progress in Europe is hammpered due to lack of competition in the SPL then all the better.

I'm resigned to the fact that Hateley and Coke are away or they would've signed by now. A bit to quite disappointed by this but if that's the way it is then fuck them. If they don't want to be here/have got ideas above their station then get them tae.

A goalie (preferably Ruddy) a striker (preferably Jutkiewicz) and a right back are priorities. Replacing O'Brien would also be great.

I used to be Hateley's biggest advocate, I yearned for a time when he could return to his defensive midfield role he was played in before Christmas as I felt he was outstanding in most games. Subsequently I've been dismayed at the advice and bumming up that's been directed his way by his "yes" men. Lets not forget he is 20, last year he was playing for Reading reserves, now after a year in Scotland, he's got about 8 sky games under his belt and won young player of the year, quite a result from 12 months ago when things weren't looking all that rosy, how many kids with a famous parent end up not cutting it and bobbing about the lower leagues.

Not many will know the circumstances why he was moved to midfield against Dundee Utd. (and retained there throughout the game despite obviously problems at right back), maybe he insisted, maybe he didn't.

All the crap in the paper about the pitch is smoke and mirrors stuff.

His performances in the last few games, what went on ...... loss of form (we've all had a run of bad luck where nothing seems to come off), an underlying feeling he was on his way and need not to perform or the hunger/desire to perform that was there 9 months before dissipated.