Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

We are going to be without O'Brien and most probably (although I'm still hoping something can be agreed) Ruddy, Jutkiewicz, Hateley, and Coke.

That's 5 quality players (or at the very least ones with great potential) we will be without so they have to be replaced with players of similar or at least decent ability. Failure to do so and it doesn't take a genius to work out how the season is going to go.

We are going to be without O'Brien and most probably (although I'm still hoping something can be agreed) Ruddy, Jutkiewicz, Hateley, and Coke.

That's 5 quality players (or at the very least ones with great potential) we will be without so they have to be replaced with players of similar or at least decent ability. Failure to do so and it doesn't take a genius to work out how the season is going to go.

So not changing the record for the last few years then?

Again, we'll be no where near relegation and will be battling for top six once again. Killie, Accies, St Mirren are all worse of than us. In fact, I would say at this moment of time the only Non Old Firm club that is by far ahead of us (as it stands) is Dundee United and if you believe evey rumour that won't be for long as their team will be striped of most quality...

I'd say the only team's that will and can improve their squad is Celtic and Hearts. Rangers are fucked, Dundee United will be raided (and quite rightly so) they have already lost Webster obviously and dare I say Hibs will struggle to hold onto their players, hear strong rumours that stokes has basically signed for Celtic .

Just think back to last year, we lost what 7/8 of our starting 11 and our manager, I feared the worst but look what happened. Seriously imagine predicting that we would lose mcghee, half our squad and at the end of the season we would be battling for europe and have Craig Brown at the helm !!!!

The uncertainty is all part of the fun.

I'd say the only team's that will and can improve their squad is Celtic and Hearts. Rangers are fucked, Dundee United will be raided (and quite rightly so) they have already lost Webster obviously and dare I say Hibs will struggle to hold onto their players, hear strong rumours that stokes has basically signed for Celtic .

Just think back to last year, we lost what 7/8 of our starting 11 and our manager, I feared the worst but look what happened. Seriously imagine predicting that we would lose mcghee, half our squad and at the end of the season we would be battling for europe and have Craig Brown at the helm !!!!

The uncertainty is all part of the fun.

Definitely!

Thing is, this time last year we had a manager who knew of many gems in the English lower leagues who could be lured here due to his reputation and the promise of top flight football.

Craig Brown isn't really inspiring me so far with his targets (if rumours are to be believed) and I'm worried we'll have a squad of bottom 6 / top of first division journeymen. Would LOVE to be proved wrong though.

You would think and hope that between them Jack and Vic have enough well established friendships and respect among a number of managers such as Ferige, Eck, Moyes and Coyle. Plus a host of others that Brown would have contacted regularly to ask about the status of Scottish internationalists and Knox would have spent time in the players lounge in his role as Fergie's assistant and then Everton assistant manager that we could get a wee gem or two on loan.

What's the rush lads? :P

We have SIX weeks until the Euro game - and even if we don't have a soul in by then it will be a pub team we are playing that I'm sure we can take care of over two legs with:

---------------Fraser-------------

Saunders-Craigan.Reynolds-Hammell

Humphrey--Lasley--Jennings--Forbes

--------Sutton--Murphy----------

Don't get me wrong, playing the entire season with the above mob gives me the fear but I would rather sit it out and add 3 quality players to it than add 5 or 6 random names from the lower leagues the now just for the sake of some news to curb the boredom.

Relax everyone, enjoy the World Cup, forget about Motherwell for a few weeks and then we all be ready to go ^_^

What's the rush lads? ^_^

We have SIX weeks until the Euro game......

That is of course true, but we'll have to be aware of the European signing deadline, which is about a week before our first tie. I'd rather have a few new faces in the squad and bedded in before the campaign begins.

What's the rush lads? :P

We have SIX weeks until the Euro game - and even if we don't have a soul in by then it will be a pub team we are playing that I'm sure we can take care of over two legs with:

---------------Fraser-------------

Saunders-Craigan.Reynolds-Hammell

Humphrey--Lasley--Jennings--Forbes

--------Sutton--Murphy----------

Don't get me wrong, playing the entire season with the above mob gives me the fear but I would rather sit it out and add 3 quality players to it than add 5 or 6 random names from the lower leagues the now just for the sake of some

news to curb the boredom.

Relax everyone, enjoy the World Cup, forget about Motherwell for a few weeks and then we all be ready to go ^_^

100% correct.

That is of course true, but we'll have to be aware of the European signing deadline, which is about a week before our first tie. I'd rather have a few new faces in the squad and bedded in before the campaign begins.

If I remember correctly, does the signing deadline not only apply to each of the early rounds? ie you can sign someone after the deadline who wouldn't be available for the 1st round we play in but if we quailfy, they would be available for the next round.

I heard Craig Brown was ready to walk due to cuts last week. Apparently some of the non football staff were going to get paid off over the summer as the club didn't need them. The cuts also stretched to the playing staff and Craig Brown said if we cut the budget that much we will be fighting relegation and he didn't want to be there for that.

I heard Craig Brown was ready to walk due to cuts last week. Apparently some of the non football staff were going to get paid off over the summer as the club didn't need them. The cuts also stretched to the playing staff and Craig Brown said if we cut the budget that much we will be fighting relegation and he didn't want to be there for that.
maybe the 30 jobseekers have been trained up now and can do their jobs :lol:

“At this moment we have two goalkeepers; Michael Fraser and Lee Hollis. Michael has had some offers from abroad which he is considering and should he decide to move on, then we’ll obviously have to go and get another goalkeeper."

From that quote I read that if Fraser DOESN'T go one of those players will likely be our first choice 'keeper next season. As I said before Hollis deserves a chance but I'm still a bit worried by this prospect.

Can we afford three keepers? Only if Hollis is on a very small wage. Most realistic scenario is Fraser has been told he doesn't figure in the plans for next season so he can find himself a new club if he wants. Now if Fraser wants to sit out thenext 6 months to a year and collect a pretty decent wage he might end up being our first choice through default due to not being in the position to afford another keeper or Hollis having enough experience.

If we do get Ruddy again then it is only because Fraser has moved on imo.

......Fraser moves on and it will free up the high wages that he is earning......

If this happens then Ruddy could be on his way back for another year, which would be great. If Fraser does go then good luck to him, he tried his best but wasn't quite good enough, not his fault at all.

If that's what Craig Brown feels then it's tough but he needs to walk. The budget is the budget

I reckon there is next to zero budget and we may add one or two 'next to nothing' frees until the loose ends around Hateley, Coke, Reynolds and Fraser are tied up.

Until there is movement there I don't think we can do anything meaningful.

See the whole "Michael Fraser is our highest paid player and was offered about 3 grand a week by McGhee to come here etc etc" nonsense.....that's exactly what it is, nonsense.

Every time I hear it peddled it astounds me how something that was originally posted on here as a "ah heard that Fraser...", has become fact amongst people that should know better.

See the whole "Michael Fraser is our highest paid player and was offered about 3 grand a week by McGhee to come here etc etc" nonsense.....that's exactly what it is, nonsense.

Every time I hear it peddled it astounds me how something that was originally posted on here as a "ah heard that Fraser...", has become fact amongst people that should know better.

Well said Al. The guy has been demonised by shite stories before he even pulled a set of gloves on.

Bottom line even if it was true - it's not his fault - he got a job offer and took it - the same as any of us.