Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

If anyone thinks that the two of them wouldn't improve us they're mental. Take them both in a heartbeat.

I agree.

If they were looking to return, albeit on loan, to Fir Park, it would be incredibly foolish to allow something as petty as the reasons mentioned to get in the way.

Severin could be a very useful signing if and only if we sell Reynolds. With regards to Slane,no chance, not now + not ever!

1. He had a chance to make the club who`d spent 7 years developing him money,even if it was just a couple of hundred grand. He strung us along long enough to get his Sellik contract and we received something like £50k

2. He played during the summer to get himself noticed,then was apparently mortally wounded for 6 months miraculously regaining fitness the second he signed for them.

For those reasons,the wee prick should never darken our doorstep again!

Jon Page,Shaun Hutchinson,Steven Saunders,Jamie Murphy,Bob McHugh,Tom Hateley and the other 19`s boys promoted this year have pledged their futures to Motherwell, they deserve our full efforts to develop them, Slane can rot in the Celtic reserves + go to Lincoln or Yeovil in 2 years time!

We have young players that could come in and do a job - and I'd like to support Hutch and Saunders and Hateley who have committed for the next few years in preference to Severin.

Give me someone that wants to be here and contribute to the MFC cause anyday.

Funny that you mention him...

Didn't we 'poach' Hutch from a wee club, and Page too then immediately loan them back out - Page to Stirling.

Seems it is ok when we are the big team stealing players from wee clubs to invest in their future... :rolleyes:

Didn't we 'poach' Hutch from a wee club, and Page too then immediately loan them back out - Page to Stirling.

Seems it is ok when we are the big team stealing players from wee clubs to invest in their future... :rolleyes:

Nope Hutch + page were released from Wallsend + Portsmouth respectively and were signed after impressing at Exit trials! Stevie Saunders + Gary Smith moved from Queens Park but both were paid compo.

We signed Page from Portsmouth, we hardly nicked him. Hutch was signed from a boys club was he not?

Erm, naw. It's not a typical tactic at the club...

Victory for our scouting network, Page was released from Portsmouth's youth system and Hutchison from juvenile football in the Newcastle Upon Tyne area.

Nope Hutch + page were released from Wallsend + Portsmouth respectively and were signed after impressing at Exit trials! Stevie Saunders + Gary Smith moved from Queens Park but both were paid compo.

Still, it proves that sometimes we can be the big club and take players from smaller clubs for pennies but when it happens to us people spit the dummy...

Still, it proves that sometimes we can be the big club and take players from smaller clubs for pennies but when it happens to us people spit the dummy...

Nope, it shows our scouting network is good and we cast our net far in search of good players. We watched Saunders + Smith for a couple years + have a good relationship woth Queens Park, so when we wanted to sign them we negotiated a deal,prob paying buttons yes but doing right by them. We didnt poach them,string the club along for a year and fuck them over!

I think a few folk have already made the point about Slane as well as I could have, so I won't labour it, but my feelings are so strong that I would have to consider whether I would turn up to games during any loan spell for that ungrateful little prick. The same thing would apply if Pearson was ever to return. They have issued our club with the ultimate insult and should never be allowed to darken the door of Fir Park again.
See, for me, asking for a transfer at the end of your contract is much less damaging to the club than being convicted for beating a man unconscious and breaking his jaw. Yet many people are less upset about the actions of our ex-club captain than they are about a wee boy that wanted to go and play for his favourite team. If his favourite team had been Raith Rovers, I doubt there would have been as much fuss.

Ill-advised? Of course. But who knows what stories and ideas agents and family were filling his head with.

Hahaha, the absolute hypocrisy here is unbelievable. We do the same thing, we picked up Porter for fuck all from Oldham due to a loophole, same with Randolph, we grabbed Coke from what appears to have been a more or less done deal. We're in a bit of an awkward position when we have a go at people for not honoring contracts as well, considering our very recent administration history. So we get pissy about players when it suits us, they're not bad people and frankly, if someone offered me more money to do my job at a higher level, of course I would.

Of course there are good ways and bad ways to leave clubs, but from some of the high horses that some of you are looking down from, some of the comments are ridiculous. Its terrible for Paul Slane to leave for compo but when Gary Smith and Saunders come to us for compo thats different?

Also, Slane didn't go for buttons.

See, for me, asking for a transfer at the end of your contract is much less damaging to the club than being convicted for beating a man unconscious and breaking his jaw. Yet many people are less upset about the actions of our ex-club captain than they are about a wee boy that wanted to go and play for his favourite team. If his favourite team had been Raith Rovers, I doubt there would have been as much fuss.

Ill-advised? Of course. But who knows what stories and ideas agents and family were filling his head with.

probably because most people on here have been in a scrap or two themselves and it would be a bit hypocritical to be too bothered. quinn cracked the guy once outside the sub club (and didn't break his jaw), it just happened to be a belter of a punch.

i'm not bothered about slane, the club can and will ditch any player who isn't good enough or is injured, sometimes it works the other way. no way would i have him on loan.

Hahaha, the absolute hypocrisy here is unbelievable. We do the same thing, we picked up Porter for fuck all from Oldham due to a loophole, same with Randolph, we grabbed Coke from what appears to have been a more or less done deal. We're in a bit of an awkward position when we have a go at people for not honoring contracts as well, considering our very recent administration history. So we get pissy about players when it suits us, they're not bad people and frankly, if someone offered me more money to do my job at a higher level, of course I would.

Of course there are good ways and bad ways to leave clubs, but from some of the high horses that some of you are looking down from, some of the comments are ridiculous. Its terrible for Paul Slane to leave for compo but when Gary Smith and Saunders come to us for compo thats different?

how much did we get for him mate

i'm not bothered about slane, the club can and will ditch any player who isn't good enough or is injured, sometimes it works the other way.

Quite. There wasn't anything like the outpouring of emotion for DLS, a Motherwell boy whos done nothing but work for the club, close to the nonsense thats spouted about Slane.

I don't know a figure for Slane, but from what I heard, it was pretty fair.

Quite. There wasn't anything like the outpouring of emotion for DLS, a Motherwell boy whos done nothing but work for the club, close to the nonsense thats spouted about Slane.

Washers it was, though considering he and Celtic basically bullied us it was better than fuck all which is what the tribunal would have given us if we were going toe to toe with Celtic.

Look lets not start the whole Slane debate again there is about a 20 page on this exact subject.

Someone brought up the idea he might come to us on loan and the fact is if he did it would not look good for Motherwell at all. Also remember we have young players at the club who have shown their loyalty by signing new deals so I would fully expect them to get a game ahead of him.

The only way I could see him come back is with his tail between his legs as he never got a game for Celtic and we were to sign him for tuppence, but thats never going to happen.

He played well in two games against very, very poor teams - lets not forget that he has got no real SPL experience at all and it might be some time before he does with the quality of players that Lennon seems to be bringing in to Celtic.

Halsman & Lawless to Annan Athletic on loan

Annan Athletic have added the 19 year old pair of left sided Jordan Halsman and striker Steven Lawless to their squad on loan from Motherwell.

Halsman has agreed a deal until January with Lawless signing on a 31 day emergency transfer with Galabank boss Harry Cairney advising, “I am delighted to have both players here.

They have just signed two year deals with Motherwell so hopefully we can play a part in their development

He played well in two games against very, very poor teams - lets not forget that he has got no real SPL experience at all and it might be some time before he does with the quality of players that Lennon seems to be bringing in to Celtic.

I thought he was pretty good in the away leg against Stauea. imo

Hahaha, the absolute hypocrisy here is unbelievable. We do the same thing, we picked up Porter for fuck all from Oldham due to a loophole, same with Randolph, we grabbed Coke from what appears to have been a more or less done deal. We're in a bit of an awkward position when we have a go at people for not honoring contracts as well, considering our very recent administration history. So we get pissy about players when it suits us.

:rolleyes:

Apologies everyone for my mad rants, Juan and Graeme have knocked me completely off my holier than thou high horse with their compelling arguments.

Although it's highly unlikely - I'd be all for bringing the wee guy in and paying his wages. He deserves a chance to develop.

With a bit of luck he'll end up getting his club a decent wedge

Ouch - just pulled my calf :rolleyes:

Halsman & Lawless to Annan Athletic on loan

I shall keep you up to date about their progress as my two footballing loves are Annan Athletic and Motherwell. I was told about the possibility of loans coming from Motherwell by Annan's captain Andy Aitken the morning after the Euro game. (He knew I followed the Well but asked me to remain tight lipped about them as I respectfully did) I believe it was going to be Smith and Halsman but that changed after Smith's appearance on Thursday night.