Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Anyone know when the signing deadline is for the next European round out of interest? Obviously Odense is not the money spinner John Boyle might have been looking for but I'd imagine the money for getting through last night might help a wee bit on the signings front...

9 August List A must be signed and delivered to UEFA - although one player may be removed and another added up-to 11pm of the night before the first leg match.

Given our constraints, getting us to this stage of Europe has been a tremendous achievement by Brown, Knox, Young and the players. I'd like to think they will be rewarded with a couple of signings.

While the Odense match will not be the money spinner Boyle may have been looking for the financial incentive on offer to beat this mob is greater than anything we have ever played for.

Time for Dempster and Boyle to pull the strings.

Given our constraints, getting us to this stage of Europe has been a tremendous achievement by Brown, Knox, Young and the players. I'd like to think they will be rewarded with a couple of signings.

While the Odense match will not be the money spinner Boyle may have been looking for the financial incentive on offer to beat this mob is greater than anything we have ever played for.

Time for Dempster and Boyle to pull the strings.

What he said...

From conversations with Boyle in Iceland I can tell you he DID NOT want Liverpool or Man City for the obvious reasons it would be goodbye Europa League. We have a *chance* against Odense. For that I imagine Boyle (and Brown etc,), privately, is delighted with the draw.

From conversations with Boyle in Iceland I can tell you he DID NOT want Liverpool or Man City for the obvious reasons it would be goodbye Europa League. We have a *chance* against Odense. For that I imagine Boyle (and Brown etc,), privately, is delighted with the draw.

on that note I just missed the news and craigie broon was being interviewed re the draw..Did anyone catch what he was saying??

While its not the glamour game some,inc me,wanted. Were never going to have a better chance to qualify for the Europa League group stages and make a serious amount of cash!

This tie with Odense is essentially a £2m-£3m tie, we have approx £100k if we beat them, the winner gets £750k bonus for making the group stage,then £100k per win,£35k per draw, Pool Money + TV rights. The team has done really well getting this far, please please support them + bring in a couple of signings

on that note I just missed the news and craigie broon was being interviewed re the draw..Did anyone catch what he was saying??

I'm guessing something like this...

Manager Craig Brown has "no complaints" after Motherwell were drawn to face Danish outfit Odense in the Europa League play-offs. "It's accessible for the fans and it's not too far to travel. I would hope it's an even game," said Brown.

"Some of the other teams like Manchester City were much more formidable than Odense.

"I have no complaints, the draw has been reasonably kind to us. It's another Scandinavian team."

Motherwell booked their place in the play-offs with wins over Aalesunds and Breidablik.

"I like the prospect of the second game at home, you know what you have to do, if it goes to extra time and penalties you have the home advantage," Brown added.

'Well travel to Denmark for the first leg on 19 August with the return at Fir Park seven days later.

We are going to struggle to to get a top 6 if we dont bring in more players.Teams like Aberdeen have signed players with experience like Hartley, Hearts have signed a goalscoring machine in Kyle, St Johnstone have a experienced goalkeeper in Peter Enckelman and a decent striker in Scott Dobbie, Dundee Utd have not let any of their main players go yet and we have!!!!!! We will struggle if we get a few injurys at once

The players thatt have left us have not all been replaced -

Ruddy-Randolph looks a good goalie in the matches he has played but look at the teams we have played.We cant tell what he will be like because we dont know much about him at the moment.He could be a superstar or could be a superdud

O'Brien-Humphrey has showed he has got the pace but he just has not got the creativity that Jimbo had.I dont think we have replaced Jim yet and I dont know if we can find a player on the cheap that matches his standards

Coke-We have Forbes,Lasley and Jennings who can all play in the middle with young players coming through so I dont think we need a CM at the moment.

Juke-Murphy has showed that he can fill Jukes shoes and he is more the scoring type than Sutton but can we rely on him all season?