Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

At least if Jutkiewicz and Ruddy don't come back, we can have them turning up every transfer window instead of Alan McCormack as potential loan/transfers...

Craig Brown was a guest speaker at an event on friday, he took part in a q and a at the end of the day and someone asked what was happening with big Lukas and Ruddy.

he said

Everton want to sell them because they have 1 year left on thier contracts

He said they would at least start next season with us (keeping them in the shop window i assume maybe 3 month loan)

He also said we could have them both for £500k

He said Boyle is also looking into personally financing the deal for them

Sounds positive, this is not 4th hand info of something i read on the back of a fag packet this is from the horses mouth so to speak.

Differs a little from what he was preaching on Thursday evening at the Westerwood and that was straight from the horse's mouth... I await the outcome with interest.

Some of our Uddingston battalion were in the company of a currently out-of-contract players' father on Friday evening with some cracking titbits (that's pieces of info and not moobs you lot).

Differs a little from what he was preaching on Thursday evening at the Westerwood and that was straight from the horse's mouth... I await the outcome with interest.

Some of our Uddingston battalion were in the company of a currently out-of-contract players' father on Friday evening with some cracking titbits (that's pieces of info and not moobs you lot).

Go on.........................

was there a troosie leg rolled up B-)

I don't agree actually. I think Hutchison is a ready-made replacement, and I also think if he stays fit, he will be a much better centre-half than Reynolds has been for us.

And if I thought Ladbrokes would entertain it, I'd be sticking a tenner on Hutchison to become our highest ever transfer fee received in a few years. Reckon he could easily go for £2m+ if he fulfills his potential.

The boy Kennedy at Celtic was considered the next big thing if he could stay fit & look what happened to him. Still say we need a class centre half to shore up the defense especially in we are gonna have Fraser in goals.

To be fair Hutchy had a pulled hammy or two, John Kennedy had a double leg break.

Very true & here's hoping that Hutchinson has had his wee spell of injuries & can stay fit from now on but some players are just injury prone & so far his track record isn't the best so imo some reliable cover is required.

I think as been discussed/proposed earlier:

Lukas - single guy, no ties, starting out, strong friendship with Jennings, finished season on a high.

Ruddy - Wife/Child in Cambridge, wants 1st team football, ideally commutable from home.

There are different issues for bringing them both. It was suggested that for it to work financially would need a healthy sell on clause to Everton and a sizeable signing bonus to offset wage structure.

Has anyone ever heard of a player negotiating or receiving a sell on clause in addition to their previous club? That way they have an extra incentive to up their game during their spell with you.

i.e. Everton 20%, Lukas 10%, sells for £1m

£200k to Everton

£100k into Lukas' hippy

£700k to Well (offset salary and initial fee, £300k up)

I may not be remembering this correctly as it was a while ago!

Momo Sylla was out of contract with Saint Johnstone, he signed a new contract with them and negotiated a major chunk of a future transfer for himself, then he got punted to Celtic for 750,000. I remember it because it made sense to me - the player got a cut and the club got a cut (when they would have lost him for nothing).

Aye, I also reckon that hutch has massive potential for us. If he stays fit he will be a main stay for us.

It's funny how much everyone's been going on about Hutch being injury prone and how he'll do well if he stays fit. I thought the whole problem was that he'd taken an injury and then been rushed back too soon which set him back for another few months?

It's funny how much everyone's been going on about Hutch being injury prone and how he'll do well if he stays fit. I thought the whole problem was that he'd taken an injury and then been rushed back too soon which set him back for another few months?

100% correct. Was played in the 6-1 humping at Ibrox and got his injury back. Should have been rested for longer.

Hopefully though he will be back 100% next season.

I say we play him up front!

The boy Kennedy at Celtic was considered the next big thing if he could stay fit & look what happened to him. Still say we need a class centre half to shore up the defense especially in we are gonna have Fraser in goals.

If Fraser is in goals, it won't matter if we have Lucio partnering Craigan - we'd be Donald Ducked!

Has the fizz gone out for Giles here?

Skysports.com understands Championship trio Bristol City, Sheffield United and Swansea City are interested in signing Motherwell's Giles Coke on a free transfer.

Midfielder Coke has been in fine form for the SPL side this season, and has been watched by a number of scouts from Championship clubs.

The former Northampton Town player recently scored twice in the club's historic 6-6 draw against Hibernian.

Coke initially signed a one-year deal when he joined Motherwell last summer, with the player having the option of extending it for another year.

Whilst Coke has the option to extend his stay at Fir Park, he is spending the summer break considering his future.

:rolleyes: Coke is also on the radar of Scottish Cup winners Dundee United.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone that hasn't signed a deal yet is more than likely looking to move away. No fault on the players part as they're only keeping their options open and looking after themselves but I seriously doubt we'll see Coke or Hateley in a 'well shirt next season.

Be disappointed if Coke leaves, think he's got the potential to be a cracking player. Real shame if he left now, I was sure as soon as he got a goal he'd get a dozen. How many did he miss from about 6 yards this season?

Hately would be a real loss as well.

Was resigned to losing Hateley a wee while back. Cleary has ideas above Motherwell and given his ability you can't really blame him.

As for Coke, it's not looking too good either. Would love to see him stay and he is a terrific prospect on his day. Sadly though, part of me thinks that his impressive performances towards the end of the season were in a bid to win a more lucrative contract.

......and it always will be if we keep dishing out one year deals and taking players on loan.

that's what it's about though,football would be boring if every team had the same players every season.it's good for the club and the players,club gets a year or 2 out of them and then gets them tae fack when they start looking for new contracts or when offers come in and the players get top flight footie and more chance of a decent move and possibly european football.

Was resigned to losing Hateley a wee while back. Cleary has ideas above Motherwell and given his ability you can't really blame him.

As for Coke, it's not looking too good either. Would love to see him stay and he is a terrific prospect on his day. Sadly though, part of me thinks that his impressive performances towards the end of the season were in a bid to win a more lucrative contract.

Am I the only one who thinks this guy is a very very average player at best?! Done a decent job filling in at right back due to lack of other options but the way he's shooting his mouth off (allegedly at least) you would think he had some sort of pedigree rather than a CV that reads Reading Reserves and Basingstoke Town (and possibly my dad and granda were decent so I must be too)! All opinion I suppose but he certainly wouldn't be in my first choice midfield and if we actually signed a right back then he'd be as well loaned out to the Conference South again.

that's what it's about though,football would be boring if every team had the same players every season.it's good for the club and the players,club gets a year or 2 out of them and then gets them tae fack when they start looking for new contracts or when offers come in and the players get top flight footie and more chance of a decent move and possibly european football.

How are you meant to get a settled team and any level of consistency if the clubs are forever having to let players go every year? It seems to me to be a short term solution to a long term problem. Whether that's down to the current economic climate or the fear of relegation I don't know but it makes it difficult to grow as a team. Motherwell, over the years, have always sold on their assets after bringing them through the system but this is slowly coming to an end with these shorter term contracts. No-one in their right mind is going to offer decent money for a player that they can get for nothing in less than a years time therefore having a knock-on effect on our budget. Bit of a vicious circle I suppose.

Coke is a decent player - some of the time - but I won't be losing too much sleep if he goes, journeymen triers who can run about a bit, put the odd tackle and score a couple of goals a season aren't exactly irreplaceable.

Hateley was excellent for most of the season but the abysmal last 5 or 6 weeks when he put in some of the worst performances I've seen in a long time will soften the blow if he goes, which looks likely.

Frankly, I think Hateley might have gotten a bit big for his boots. When you are 20 years old and have a professional record of 15 games for Basingstoke Town you don't then turn round and make demands about where you are playing to the club that took you off the football scrap heap. Pretty disrespectful both to the club and to a manager like Craig Brown.

That said I'd be happy to see him settle down and sign a new contract.