Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Juke-Murphy has showed that he can fill Jukes shoes and he is more the scoring type than Sutton but can we rely on him all season?

He's had 3 good games in europe, hasn't yet shown in the SPL that he can fill Jutkiewicz's shoes.

If he makes a good start to the SPL season i'll change my mind but for now another striker is a must.

may not be a Boyd type, but Kyle will score plenty for Hearts! Everyone has improved player wise this summer apart from us, which is why a left winger + a striker is a minimum must! If neither come in,its gonna be a long season of prayer + a shed load of good luck to get us anywhere near 6th

I'll be pretty scunnered if we don't have anybody in before the European deadline.

We are 1 or 2 players away from having a team that should be able to give Odense a close run for their money.

The Official Deadline has passed. We still have the one replacement deadline of 11pm next Wednesday though.

Shaka, have they? St Mirren should be renamed Cowdenbeath Paisley, Kilmarnock are still in the shitters, ICT are no great shakes and Hamilton have had no major overhaul in quality.

He's had 3 good games in europe, hasn't yet shown in the SPL that he can fill Jutkiewicz's shoes.

If he makes a good start to the SPL season i'll change my mind but for now another striker is a must.

He showed last season he could bang goals in and some of the time was playing in midfield so I think he will get 10+ at least and hopefully Sutton can get 10+ aswell.We also have Bob McHugh coming through who looks like a good player and players like Gary Smith can mature this season and come on and get first team experience and be ready for the end of this season/start of next

kyle scored one goal against top six opposition in 18 months. he is pish.

hearts over the last two seasons average exactly one goal a game. which is pish.

i'm not exactly shaking in my boots.

Kyle is a player who I would love to see at Fir Park.He is a decent goalscorer and with him and Murphy up front I think we could have a lethal attack.Or him and Sutton up front with Murphy playing attacking midfield with the team playing a 4,4,2 dimond formation

The Official Deadline has passed. We still have the one replacement deadline of 11pm next Wednesday though.

Shaka, have they? St Mirren should be renamed Cowdenbeath Paisley, Kilmarnock are still in the shitters, ICT are no great shakes and Hamilton have had no major overhaul in quality.

I was actually on about our fellow top 6 contenders, St Johnstone,Hearts,Hibs,Aberdeen,Utd are all stronger than last year, Caley will be solid + have made a few good signings as well, of course thats on paper + were still to see if they all gel,but were the only 1 out of those teams to lose arguably their 2 most important players + not replace them, yes we have youngsters but its not fair to heap so much pressure on those guys,esp when they have the East stand waiting to slate them if they dont have a 100% pass completion rate and score a hat-trick every game

kyle scored one goal against top six opposition in 18 months. he is pish.

hearts over the last two seasons average exactly one goal a game. which is pish.

i'm not exactly shaking in my boots.

Kyle also played lone striker for a relatively poor Kilmarnock side in that time,so not really a fair comparison and his game isnt just about goals,he wins the ball + holds up well 2 as he`s a tank, 16 goals in 40 games for killie in those 18 months is prob a better strike rate than any current striker at Fir Park!

And Hearts problem has been for the last 2 seasons they havent really had a proper striker, now they have Elliot + Kyle, 2 guys wi a good pedigree and history together,someone to put the ball away has been the difference between the average Hearts team weve seen this last 2 years and a Hearts team qualifying for Europe etc!

I was actually on about our fellow top 6 contenders, St Johnstone,Hearts,Hibs,Aberdeen,Utd are all stronger than last year, Caley will be solid + have made a few good signings as well, of course thats on paper + were still to see if they all gel,but were the only 1 out of those teams to lose arguably their 2 most important players + not replace them, yes we have youngsters but its not fair to heap so much pressure on those guys,esp when they have the East stand waiting to slate them if they dont have a 100% pass completion rate and score a hat-trick every game

Our lack of signings is frankly shocking and we are quite right to voice our concerns about this. I can't think of a single season in my lifetime (with the notable exception of 2002/2003) where we haven't signed at least 1 outfield player in the summer. One or two injuries/suspensions and we are fucked. Coke, Jutkiewicz and O'Brien had signifcicant to massive impacts on our season and all still need replaced and we appear to be no further forward on this.

Our lack of signings is frankly shocking and we are quite right to voice our concerns about this. I can't think of a single season in my lifetime (with the notable exception of 2002/2003) where we haven't signed at least 1 outfield player in the summer. One or two injuries/suspensions and we are fucked. Coke, Jutkiewicz and O'Brien had signifcicant to massive impacts on our season and all still need replaced and we appear to be no further forward on this.

But what is wrong with us replacing from within? That surely ought to be our MO these days. Everybody is saying we haven't signed X, Y and Z but nobody seems to be saying what a great opportunity this is for, say, Meechan, McHugh and Smith.

But what is wrong with us replacing from within? That surely ought to be our MO these days. Everybody is saying we haven't signed X, Y and Z but nobody seems to be saying what a great opportunity this is for, say, Meechan, McHugh and Smith.

So you think its right for us to rely massively on 3 untried 19 year olds this season? Come on, yes its great we have youngsters coming through, a real feather in the clubs youth development cap but you blood youngsters in slowly, throwing them into a tough SPL season cause theres no-one else is a recipe for a ruined career.

We need a main striker and a left winger of good quality to replace Lukas + JOB, Coke not so much as we have a lot of cover there. But the first two are a must, then we can allow McHugh, Smith,Meechan,Page,Lawless etc time to develop

Kyle also played lone striker for a relatively poor Kilmarnock side in that time,so not really a fair comparison and his game isnt just about goals,he wins the ball + holds up well 2 as he`s a tank, 16 goals in 40 games for killie in those 18 months is prob a better strike rate than any current striker at Fir Park!

Nope. Sutton has a better strike rate. Sutton is also a better link up player and a decent defender when called upon.

John Sutton's has a 2.33 league games to goal ratio (for Motherwell)

Kevin Kyle has a 2.68 league games to goal ratio (for Kilmarnock)

If you take Scottish Football as a whole it is

John Sutton has a 2.29 league games to goal ratio (Raith Rovers, Dundee, St Mirren and Motherwell - 179 games)

Kevin Kyle has a 2.68 league games to goal ratio (Kilmarnock only - 43 games)

So's Sutton. Looks like Murphy is starting to find the way to the net with regularity too.

I know Kyle does aswell but Sutton blows hot and cold and if we had Kyle we could be spoilt for choice to pick our two strikers.As for Murphy if you read my post replying to Maxi you will see that I said that Jamie has shown he can be a key player for us this season and in the future.I just see Kyle as a good signing for us if it happened but sadly Hearts have snapped him up on a FREE transfer which is a bargin buy for them.