Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

You can get it into your head mate.He was a great player for us and I didn't say that he was our most creative but he was creative.It will be hard to replace him

At the moment its not looked that hard to be honest. Granted that over the season that opinion may change, I just hope it doesnt.

You can get it into your head mate.He was a great player for us and I didn't say that he was our most creative but he was creative.It will be hard to replace him

Hahaha, good one wee boy. He may have been vital for you in FM but he certainly wasn't to Motherwell in real life. That's why he's, what's called, a luxury player.

I didn't accuse anyone of saying that O'Brien was, the fact is that Hateley was far more creative and important to the team.

O'Brien had moments of greatness, but more often that not he lost possession and hindered attacks by running the ball into dead ends all for the sake of beating a man.

Fuck that.Venegoor of Hessilink cost 50 quid to get on the back of a smellic tap so I wouldn't be wanting a BIG name.Maybe just about 5/6 letters will do me fine :whistling:

Oh Darren your witty repartee knows no bounds. The big name or two I was referring to was a team and their stature/pedigree not an individual player.

Look .... so far Brown has only had one major and urgent signing to make which was a replacement goalkeeper (wingers and strikers much vaunted and requested, we already have - however as discussed, maybe not in depth for a whole SPL season). For me, Randolph has been an inspired singing based on his performances so far and he's also on a 3 year deal.

I'm sure we will have 2 or newbies in the squad, no doubt delayed by the non-move of Reynolds so far and Fraser hanging around on his peachy salary. I would suggest that the club has implemented a policy where you have to get rid of someone or have the money in place before adding to the squad.

I hope all the hanging around hasn't resulted in us missing out on little gem or two, conversely however we may be able to pick someone we didn't think would have been in our price range close to the window closing because they valued their own services too high and turned down other offers. Every player needs to be match fit and has a mortgage/alimony/Designer hairdresser/BMW X5 repayments/Gambling debt/Snooker hall fees/Cruise credit account to pay.

O'Brien had moments of greatness, but more often that not he lost possession and hindered attacks by running the ball into dead ends all for the sake of beating a man.

Totally agreed!

After watching the under 19's on Monday, its clear to see we also have options their if things become desperate(injuries etc.)

One or two players in couldn't hurt, but its not necessarily going to be a disappointing season if we don't. We have a good balance/mix just now and its working against some good teams and is about to be tested against one of our top competitors for the top 6. After the hibs game we will have a much clearer view of what to expect this season I think :whistling:

How? Who has made up for his loss.Certinley not Humphrey.He couldn't cross a road

Not all wingers are about crossing.

With Humphreys attributes, we should be looking to play the ball over the back of the left back for Humphrey to run through direct on goal. Basically try and get him to play a bit more narrower.

How? Who has made up for his loss.Certinley not Humphrey.He couldn't cross a road

I'm sorry but you talk pish. How did Murphy score last week at home to Aalesund? A cross from Humphrey. Who made the cutback to him in Aalesund for his goal? Oh yes, a cut back from Humphrey.

As Maxi said, its not all about crossing. Humphrey will have an effect on games, people like you are having a go at him due to his stop start season last year. He WILL come good this season and he's starting to prove it.

So get a pad, a pen, watch the game(not the live text commentary) and take some notes on how the game can be played because you clearly know fuck all about football.

I'm sorry but you talk pish. How did Murphy score last week at home to Aalesund? A cross from Humphrey. Who made the cutback to him in Aalesund for his goal ? Oh yes, a cut back from Humphrey.

As Maxi said, its not all about crossing. Humphrey will have an effect on games, people like you are having a go at him due to his stop start season last year. He WILL come good this season and he's starting to prove it.

So get a pad, a pen, watch the game(not the live text commentary) and take some notes on how the game can be played because you clearly know fuck all about football.

Telt :doh: .

Were do you see us finishing if your honest i think about 8th at the moment. we do need to replace JOB because he did create lots of space with his running that worried defenders, maybe statistics say another player got more assists but how many times is the opta MOM the same as the actual MOM. A new striker is also a must if we are to finish higher sutton really struggles to go for 90 mins and this means we lose alot going forward for the last 2o mins. Would also like to see a couple of loaness coming in to make up a bigger squad prob a defender plus a midfield player.

We need a big imposing centre half, a creative centre midfelder and a centre forward to help Murphy as he is too weak (needs to go on the Bob Malcolm diet). Would like to see the young guy Gary Smith get a chance, banging them in for U19's and looks a big lad, but still need someone with experience up front, Sutton huffs and puffs but is never going to get us 15 goals + a season

In 'The h*n' today that Craig Brown is hoping to sign Nabil Berkak a Morrocan/French right back who is without a team. Watched a couple of videos of him and was quite impressed, seems to be in a similar sort of mould as Hammell.

In 'The h*n' today that Craig Brown is hoping to sign Nabil Berkak a Morrocan/French right back who is without a team. Watched a couple of videos of him and was quite impressed, seems to be in a similar sort of mould as Hammell.

Why a right back when Hateley was more than comfortable there last term? Has he decided that he no longer wants to play in that position?

Why a right back when Hateley was more than comfortable there last term? Has he decided that he no longer wants to play in that position?

As people have said on another thread, Hateley was our most creative player last year, i think he would be good at right mid or a slightly advanced centre mid role with a right back that can get down the line and create chances similar to what Hammell does on the left. I agree that a right back is not our priority but I think we would benifit from having a natural right back playing in that position and from what I've seen of Berkak, he looks like a very tidy player. Supposedly Brown went to watch a bounce game in France made up of out of contract players and he was the one that impressed, although this will probably be a load of pish as I'm taking it from what I read in the Scottish Sun.

As people have said on another thread, Hateley was our most creative player last year, i think he would be good at right mid or a slightly advanced centre mid role with a right back that can get down the line and create chances similar to what Hammell does on the left. I agree that a right back is not our priority but I think we would benifit from having a natural right back playing in that position and from what I've seen of Berkak, he looks like a very tidy player. Supposedly Brown went to watch a bounce game in France made up of out of contract players and he was the one that impressed, although this will probably be a load of pish as I'm taking it from what I read in the Scottish Sun.

I take your point but it was after Hateley requested and was granted a move to midfield that we started shipping goals right left and centre. Easy solution move him back and spend the money on another striker.

I take your point but it was after Hateley requested and was granted a move to midfield that we started shipping goals right left and centre. Easy solution move him back and spend the money on another striker.

We started shipping goals right at the end of the season because our very small sqaud was knackered after a very long season.

It will be the same this season. We can't expect these guys to perform at the highest level from the middle of July 2010 to May 2011

Easy solution move him back and spend the money on another striker

Its not an easy solution. We have no money and there is no point getting in players who are not as good as what we have.

I agree that a striker is priority but according to Hammerfist, Casagolda will become a Motherwell player today. I dont know if this Berkak will sign or not but watch some videos of him, he looks like somebody that will improve the team, is that not the ultimate aim?

Rough translation of yesterdays french press:

Nabil Berkak, the lateral old right of Troyes and Gueugnon notably, is put currently to the essay by the Scottish club of Motherwell (D1). Some weeks ago, the player of 26 years of Moroccan origin currently without club trained with the UNFP. Spotted by the leaders of Motherwell during preparation training with the UNFP, Nabil Berkak carries out currently an essay within this evolving Scottish club in first division.

The former player of Troyes and Gueugnon, without club currently, typed in the eye of Motherwell at the time of two friendly games of the UNFP the 3 and last August 6 facing Al Gharafa (3-2) and Al Khritiyat (2-0), two clubs of the Qatar against which these Berkak shined.

Lateral right during most of its Trojan years (League 1 and League 2) and next gueugnonnaises (National), the player of 26 years of Moroccan origin can equally evolve in land environment. It again never knew experience abroad.