Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

We need to get away from the obsession of size. If the Morrocan boy is comfortable with the ball at his feet and can start attacks in a similar manner to Hammell, then get him signed up.

Agreed, Hammell consistantly makes things happen for Motherwell, would be great to have similar creativity on the right side.

Says on Wikipedia that Hammell is 5,10 theres no way he's that, i'm 5,9 n he was a couple of inches smaller than me.

This is the right back who played in the bounce game, and was one of the players who impressed me. If we can sign him and the big number nine then I'll be happy.

Don't get me wrong he looked competent on the ball and reasonably pacy.

I am a little bemused that we are looking to sign up 2 possibly 3 of the players that took part on the bounce game. Here's why........

It looked as if a few of the Morrocan boys turned up on the evening. How much research has been done and are there not other possibilities out there. To be fair we have had a number of trialists at the club through the summer. Must be that Paw Broon likes these boys and more importantly they are within our budget.

Updated post #1 to show Casagolda (who would have thought it) signing. Hammerfist goes straight to +5 points (who would have thought that too) in the Jim Gannon Memorial Trophy.

On the official website there is no mention of Mechelen, can anyone confirm Casagolda's last club.

My worry would be re height is we signed a decent full back a few seasons ago from ireland,Murphy who because of his height was hit by the opposition playing long diagonals to him against their centre forward, so height in the full back area does matter

I'd agree with that. The same thing happened in the CIS Cup Final for example, when Rangers did exactly that to Stevie Hammell.

There are plenty of full backs around the 5'7" mark that are doing pretty well for themselves like Cole and Lahm and plenty others, they're hardly the weak spot in their team due to their height. Pace, positioning, and ability to get forward are more important attributes for a full-back than height.

There are plenty of full backs around the 5'7" mark that are doing pretty well for themselves like Cole and Lahm and plenty others, they're hardly the weak spot in their team due to their height. Pace, positioning, and ability to get forward are more important attributes for a full-back than height.

They're not in the SPL though.

looking at his videos on youtube he seems to have a bit of a spring, there were a few attempts at that and he cut them out, plus positioning and pace can negate a lack of height, the only time it would be a problem is at set pieces but theres ways round that

The old boy phoned me to say he had heard we signed someone. He thought they said estaffan - Now try and get Dr Beat out of your head.

On a side note think that will be all the money we have spent on Estabban? What was the city of gold character called? Think there is a theme tune in there for him? will he bag the 15 goals that Kyle doesnt this season . :evilgrin:

Updated to add diminutive right back from Monday's bounce game (Nabil Berkak) who impressed and ex-Hibee Jamie McCluskey who also received a thumbs up from most who attended.

Read through a number of threads and nobody seems to have a definitive answer as to who the impressive winger who's first name is Salim. Any ideas?

I heard we've been watching someone at Blackburn for some time now. Anyone know who it is?

its Nick Blackman (striker) browm says he will sign on loan from blackburn today (friday)

he is 6'2" well built and fast apparently

all we need now is a left winger and i think we can push for the european spots again

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/index.php?op...&Itemid=132

My worry would be re height is we signed a decent full back a few seasons ago from ireland,Murphy who because of his height was hit by the opposition playing long diagonals to him against their centre forward, so height in the full back area does matter

Well, theres that, and theres the fact that Murphy was totally shite.

Updated to add diminutive right back from Monday's bounce game (Nabil Berkak) who impressed and ex-Hibee Jamie McCluskey who also received a thumbs up from most who attended.

Read through a number of threads and nobody seems to have a definitive answer as to who the impressive winger who's first name is Salim. Any ideas?

I have been searching and the closest I could find without being 100% certain that its him is Salim Kerkar who played for FC-Gueugnon the same as the wee Nabil Berkak.

kerkar.jpg

Cheers Del,

Berkak is listed as playing for them in 08-09 but as for last season, none of the player databases have that information.

As for Kerkar, anyone confirm if this is the "impressive winger who answered to Salim"?

Nick Blackman added too.

I seem Salim Kerkar has gone on to have a trial game at Rangers, after playing in the Motherwell vs Motherwell game.............

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/...86908-22495268/

So it was Kerkar then.

Would be a real shame to miss out on him only to see them giving him a contract.

Possibly due to the Cardiff money not being paid?