Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Results went our way this weekend with Hearts, Ddee Utd drawing and Hibs and the Dons losing. How come Hibs play a blinder v us (2nd half anyway) but are utter cack against the likes of St Mirren.

If you think results went our way this weekend, you're an optimist. I think we should be concerning ourselves with the results of the teams likely to be in the bottom six rather than those likely to be top six...

Off on a tangent here but anyone know what the situation is with Shaun Hutchison ?

In the context of an Ins and Outs thread. What situation?

If you mean his non-selection, there was a thread about him recently where the upshot of it was, that he wasn't being selected because there are others ahead of him in the queue and given the importance of the games being played!! No more, no less.

In the context of an Ins and Outs thread. What situation?

If you mean his non-selection, there was a thread about him recently where the upshot of it was, that he wasn't being selected because there are others ahead of him in the queue and given the importance of the games being played!! No more, no less.

:whistling:

That's why the guy said ''off at a tangent''

:whistling:

That's why the guy said ''off at a tangent''

:doh:

A situation that I'm perhaps not privvy to, or have missed? Hence the question mark

Then the attempt to answer the ESA's question and point him in the direction of the thread.

I do beg your pardon...

If you think results went our way this weekend, you're an optimist. I think we should be concerning ourselves with the results of the teams likely to be in the bottom six rather than those likely to be top six...

Alas, Melvin I fear you are correct. We certainly are now where near as strong as we were last year - losing Coke, Jutkiviec and O'Brien has devalued us.

QUOTE (MelvinBragg @ Aug 29 2010, 05:07 PM) post_snapback.gifIf you think results went our way this weekend, you're an optimist. I think we should be concerning ourselves with the results of the teams likely to be in the bottom six rather than those likely to be top six...

Alas, Melvin I fear you are correct. We certainly are now where near as strong as we were last year - losing Coke, Jutkiviec and O'Brien has devalued us.

I'd agree with that as well. We'll be fighting at the wrong end of the table this season barring a massive change in tactics and/or personnel.

I'd agree with that as well. We'll be fighting at the wrong end of the table this season barring a massive change in tactics and/or personnel.

A change, yes. Massive, no. IMO we are two new additions away from being a strong contender for a top six finish....possibly even pushing for 5th. Everyone else around us has already shown they have the ability to be inconsistent. Outside the OF their isn't a massive amount between teams.

A change, yes. Massive, no. IMO we are two new additions away from being a strong contender for a top six finish....possibly even pushing for 5th. Everyone else around us has already shown they have the ability to be inconsistent. Outside the OF their isn't a massive amount between teams.

Agreed. Adding a creative spark to our midfield and/or perhaps a natural wide left-sider could make all the difference. We're missing an out ball when under pressure and someone able to go by people out wide. Murphy can run at a few but when he does, there's nobody moving around him to look for the ball. Someone to keep hold of the ball and/or someone to drive forward from midfield is really all we're missing I reckon.

Bollocks, we'll be nowhere near a relegation battle. European push again this year :whistling:

Quite happy with other results myself. No one of the usual fodder is more than 3 points above us and we kept above some teams below us. After 3 games I don't expcect comfortable gaps either way. Over the next 4-5 games we'll see how things develop and then start looking at other results after our own a bit more seriously.

We have a transfer window almost on us, so lets see if we get any movement in or out to cheer us up or dismay us further! :whistling:

edit. managed to quote wrong post, canny be arsed fixing it though.

A few people have misunderstood me. I don't think we'll be in a relegation battle. I think we'll most likely be locked in a battle for 7th with ICT and St Johnstone. These three teams are, I reckon, too good for the three teams who will be in a relegation battle (St Mirren, Accies, Kilmarnock) but way behind those that will be in the top 6.

That's how I see it at the moment. A few moves in the transfer market may change things...

We should finish around mid-table, I imagine we may well be squeezed out the top 6, not that it matters a great deal in the grand scheme of things.

With regards any transfer activity by tomorrow, I'll be slightly perplexed if we sign anyone of noteable quality. Surely if the money was there, we would have got the players in prior to the most lucrative game in our history.

I would say outside the Old Firm every can beat everyone else as has already been proved this season.

We could end up 3rd, we could end up 11th or 12th.

From previous seasons form and this seasons form I think we will be in the top six.

Pretty much my thoughts as well given how much folk are saying we're missing Coke, I can't really remember him contributing a great deal last year outside of that manic Hibs game and getting sent off at Falkirk. I always thought he could do a job but he never really seemed to settle, something which he's clearly done at Sheffield.

O'Brien is someone I was never sure how I rated him. From time to time he produced bits of skill and trickery as good as anyone I"ve seen in Claret and Amber, Humphrey for me, puts in far more of a shift while O'Brien was more dangerous going forward. And I don't want to claw my eyes out at Humphrey's greetin face every fifteen minutes when he doesn't get the ball. Thats just me though.

Losing Jutkiewicz is a pretty big blow, but we all knew it, hopefully Blackman or Casagolda can put in the same sort of effort big Lukas did, bearing in mind it took him a wee while to settle down. Randolph looks more than able of replacing Ruddy.

I can't see where the gloom is coming from to be honest, I assume its a hangover from getting pumped out of Europe, because we're in as good a shape as we were last year, where we'd lost Hughes, Quinn, Clarkson, McGhee and Porter previously. We've got a solid manager with a plan and we'll be hard to beat. I expect we'll be roughly around the same place as last year.