Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

We should finish around mid-table, I imagine we may well be squeezed out the top 6, not that it matters a great deal in the grand scheme of things.

With regards any transfer activity by tomorrow, I'll be slightly perplexed if we sign anyone of noteable quality. Surely if the money was there, we would have got the players in prior to the most lucrative game in our history.

See where you coming from but with transfer window looming there are surely players out there that could improve our squad that will be facing reality of maybe cooling heels elswhere or being without a club that will be reassessing their options. We're obviously not flush but hopefully we're wisely using our budget and not rushing in or overpaying for players we're not sure about. Much as it would have been great having in new faces for europe possibly we'd had to have payed figure x for them when all we could afford was figure y, and figure y is more accpetable to them as window lurches towards closing.

A few people have misunderstood me. I don't think we'll be in a relegation battle. I think we'll most likely be locked in a battle for 7th with ICT and St Johnstone. These three teams are, I reckon, too good for the three teams who will be in a relegation battle (St Mirren, Accies, Kilmarnock) but way behind those that will be in the top 6.

That's how I see it at the moment. A few moves in the transfer market may change things...

Mid table will be so close that if we're in a battle for 7th then we'll be in a battloe for top six

Boyle and Dempster, thanks for fuck all.

Had we shown a wee bit of faith im the management team and invested in 1 or 2 replacemnts for the quality we lost in the summer we would have fucking cruised it tonight.

Can'rt disagree with that, I'm left wondering how much the fuck up on the sponsorship front led to us being unable to bring anyone else in.

Selling the jerseys sponsor free shows either a disbelief in our ability to get someone on board, or a desperation for cash. Not good whichever way you look at it.

Exactly Busta. We're not gonna splash the cash so the deadline is really a mute point. We can still sign a fair few freebies between now and I think October (or that just Spain that do that - if it is just Spain, then we can sign them up all the way to 31 December).

I think the foundation is there, but we need the link player in the middle to create the telling ball, unfortunately they cost alot of dosh, Look down south for a young midfielder sitting in the reserves of a championship team should do the trick(loan). But who, thats the question, give Gannon a call he will have a list of them.

I still reckon that its a top 5 finnish, Hibbs have lost STOKES to Celtic so that will hamper there chances.

Stay positive, its cup year.

I remember when we knocked back Rangers and their £1m bid a little over two years ago. Pretty stunned, although if I'm honest I don't believe it, that we may get the same amount and Reynolds could get a move to the EPL. I would have been happy if we got £400,000 for him at this stage.