Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Taking 400K for Murphy would be daft.

I have sneaky feeling that an offer will come in from somewhere today for him but we can't accept that measly amount, let alone allow him to join a rival club if that is what they are offering.

Jamie will help make the difference between bottom 6 and top 6 this season.

Wouldn't be happy to see Murphy go to Hibs. Don't get me wrong it is still a lot more than Accies offered but he has too big a role to play for us this year to let him go. They would need to hand over quite a bit more money before anyone at the club would be interested imo.

If Reynolds does go then we have Hutchison or Page to pop straight back in there.

Page was a bit shaky against Celtic, but I think with a few games under his belt could be a very good player for us.

Saunders has been OK at right back, but if I remember correctly from last season he was much more impressive as a centre back? Could be wrong though.

Back line could be something like this:

Page - Saunders - Craigan - Hammell

Would it make sense? Aye, probably. Does that mean it's the way it will happen? Not so sure. Still only leaves us with one experienced centre half.

More strange rumours I've heard this morning... Hibs to use some of the Stokes money to make a £400k bid for Jamie Murphy... And us to make a move for Michael Gardyne at Ross County...

I heard that from a Dundee Utd supporting m8 at the weekend, Utd + MFC both looking at Gardyne for an attacking mid slot

If Reynolds does go then we have Hutchison or Page to pop straight back in there.

Page was a bit shaky against Celtic, but I think with a few games under his belt could be a very good player for us.

Saunders has been OK at right back, but if I remember correctly from last season he was much more impressive as a centre back? Could be wrong though.

Back line could be something like this:

Page - Saunders - Craigan - Hammell

I thought Page was really solid in the air and in the tackle sunday, but looked lost against Pace, we MUST replace Reynolds pace in the defence or were proper fucked, Saunders seems to have a bit about him so Id hope its him joining Cragga, but with Saunders rush of blood to the head tendency our defence is gonna be a bit of a bombscare

I might be wrong but I don't think many Premierships teams will have squads over 25.

You'll be surprised. According to this book, almost all clubs have over 25 players that are over the age of 21. Remember also a percentage (8 players?) need to be home grown too. Take Bolton for example, that have over 35 players in their squad - probably more if they are forced to register an under 21 as they don't have enough home grown. You'll find teams like Manchester City and Chelsea may require to do the same - although those players are more likely to head to the Championship if anywhere.