Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Money is tighter than I think we all think, I reckon Commworld got us for a steal. I also don't see Casagolda locating the pot of gold next time there is a rainbow as has been touted on here.

Going forward I reckon we'll get 1 loan and 1 free agent in the next week, lets not ignore the footballing experience of +60 years in our management team, I'd like to credit them with knowing where the team currently falls short.

Fair point regarding the management teams experience.

It was reported that Commsworld signed for a 6 figure sum........£3214.90. Actually I believe it was £100k which is not bad since we were looking at no shirt sponsor a few weeks ago.

It is frustrating but WE DO need to live within our means. We speculated to accumulate in the early 90's - look where that got us.

Just would have been a boost to get another body or two in to add a little more experience and cover to the team.

How's that - expansion? Or team with no stadium could win 1st?

if they go to 14 teams it'll be done with two coming up and no one going down.

i hope they don't because i think a split after 26 games is too early and as the team most people would describe as the 7th biggest in the country we'd have the most to lose by it coming in. we could be 7th on goal difference after 26 games and miles clear of relegation and end up with 14 meaningless games to end the season.

if they go to 14 teams it'll be done with two coming up and no one going down.

i hope they don't because i think a split after 26 games is too early and as the team most people would describe as the 7th biggest in the country we'd have the most to lose by it coming in. we could be 7th on goal difference after 26 games and miles clear of relegation and end up with 14 meaningless games to end the season.

This will be the end of Scottish Football.

It is widely anticipated that the SPl will vote for change at the end of this year. I do believe however that any change will need at least 1 maybe 2 years notice for all sorts of reasons inc media contracts etc. So any change is unlikely this season and there will be relegation.

I also suspect that when there is a change there may be a play off the season before otherwise it would be a dead rubber that season and even more dismal crowds at the bottom end of the league.

HAve we ever had 110 users on here at 11.20 on a Tuesday before?

Expecting news everyone?

Edit: Accies just signed Casalunovo from Utd at 11 pm - so you never know!

Yep. I'm at the end of the road though. Mary Gauthier and this window have finished me. goodnight all.

As a result I reckon gate receipts combined with prize money ensured a conservative £400k profit on a standard pre-season.

I doubt our profit will be anything like £400,000. Don't forget matchday expenses eat up about 33% of gate income. On a £15 ticket VAT alone accounts for about £2.60 for example. Don't forget too that the club had to charter 3 planes and had accommodation costs abroad.