Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

I'd take him in a minute. He's not a a great football player but he's a very big guy who can motor from box to box knocking bodies out of the way like a rampaging buffalo. Thats good enough for the SPL but not whats required in the Championship where he's encountered even bigger buffaloes with a bit of skill as well.

More than enough skill for us and I think a falling out with the new manager is the reason he is available. Had some absolute stand out performances when Burnley were papping EPL teams out the cup under Coyle, injuries seemed to hold him back but looked like he could hold his own in the premier league/top end championship easy so would be a great loan signing if we could wangle it.

the premiership + spl cant sign anyone on loan till the window opens again, only lower league teams in both countries, that counts out any scottish teams, and I doubt theyd let him go to a championship rival, so id see him at a big club in the second, Charlton/Southampton etc.

Hes out of contract in the summer as well, would be a fantastic signing for someone, he`d walk into ANY team in Scotland and many in England as well

• 2 weeks later...
Baws! Was just about to post that.

Is this the 'Salim' that was mentioned before the transfer window closed, rather than the guy who Rangers were looking at?

I'm pretty sure it was Salim Kerkar who had been on trial with us. Is it not a tad early to announce you are signing for a club next season?? -

I'm pretty sure it was Salim Kerkar who had been on trial with us. Is it not a tad early to announce you are signing for a club next season?? -

Thought that maself although a) it is the gossip page and b) thinking the next window might be what's meant.

I'm sure a couple of our 'six month' guys will move on

I looked him up on google and there is an article with i think a french newspaper "LE BUTEUR" which has an interview with him and a photo of him in well training gear something about having a contract with an algerian team and didnt realise it,hard to make out in the translation,anyway couldnt get a link to work maybe someone could have a look see if they have better luck.

Translated Salim lazreg article

"I signed a 3 year contract with the MCEE, but I think they will release me if Motherwell makes them a good offer in summer transfer market," hoped that this dream right side this season is finally own.Thats all the evil he wants

its going to take a good offer from Motherwell in the summer :cheers:

C'est tout le mal qu'on lui souhaite.
That's all the evil that he wants :P or thats all the evil we wish him ;)

Translated (well, sort of)..........

MCEE: Salim Lazreg sign after an offer from Motherwell ...

PUBLIE LE : 12-10-2010 | 00:00 | PAR N. PUBLISHED ON: 12-10-2010 | 00:00 | BY N. Djender Djender

«Il devait signer à Motherwell, mais le MCEE l'a rappelé pour lui annoncer qu'il était qualifié» "He had to sign in Motherwell, but the MCEE recalled to him that he was qualified"

article-26818-mcee.jpg

On ne sait jamais à quel moment de sa carrière la chance va sourire à un footballeur. You never know at what point in his career luck will smile to a footballer. Salim Lazreg vient de frôler la sienne dans le club de Motherwell, qui évolue en première division écossaise. Salim Lazreg just brushing against him in the club Motherwell, who plays in the Scottish first division. En effet, cet Algérien de 21 ans, qui est passé par le centre de formation de Sedan, s'entraînait depuis lundi 27 septembre, soit, une bonne quinzaine de jours avec l'équipe première de Motherwell avec laquelle il a disputé quelques matchs pleins de 90 minutes chacun. Indeed, the Algerian 21, who went through the training center of Sedan, trained since Monday, September 27, is a good fortnight with the Motherwell first team with which he played a few games full 90 minutes each.

Craig Brown : «Tu joues comme Nadir Belhadj» Craig Brown: "You play like Nadir Belhadj"

Lors de notre entretien téléphonique, Salim Lazreg nous a confié que «le coach et les dirigeants ont été agréablement surpris par mes qualités défensives et mes échappées offensives qui leur ont fait rappeler, comme ils disent, le jeu de mon ami Nadir Belhadj. During our telephone interview, Salim Lazreg told us that "the coach and the leaders were pleasantly surprised by my defensive qualities and my escape offensive that made them remember, as they say, the game my friend Nadir Belhadj. C'est un grand honneur pour moi d'être comparé à lui». It is a great honor to be compared to him. " D'ailleurs même Craig Brown, le coach du club écossais, a fait la comparaison avec l'international algérien. Moreover, even Craig Brown, the coach of Scottish club, made the comparison with the Algerian international. «Tu as le même profil que Belhadj», a dit l'ancien sélectionneur d'Ecosse des U21 au sujet de Lazreg, qu'il voulait bien garder dans son effectif. "You have the same profile as Belhadj," said former Scotland coach of the U21 about Lazreg, he was willing to keep in its workforce.

«Il devait signer à Motherwell, mais le MCEE l'a rappelé pour lui annoncer qu'il était qualifié» "He had to sign in Motherwell, but the MCEE recalled to him that he was qualified"

Mais, au moment où le secrétaire du club écossais allait entamer les démarches nécessaires pour faire signer cet excellent latéral droit, voilà que Salim Lazreg reçoit un appel du président du MC El Eulma, Bouden Embarek qui lui signifiait qu'il venait d'être qualifié pour la saison en cours. But when the secretary of the Scottish club would begin the necessary steps to sign this excellent side right now that Salim Lazreg receives a call from the president of the MC El Eulma, Bouden Embarek which meant he had to be qualified for the current season. Car, avant d'aller monnayer son talent en Ecosse, Salim Lazreg avait pour intention première de s'imposer dans le championnat algérien afin de taper dans l'œil du sélectionneur. Because, before going to monetize their talent in Scotland, Salim Lazreg original intention was to win the championship in Algeria to hit in the eye of coach. «Je ne savais pas que j'étais qualifié, c'est pour cela que je suis parti en Ecosse. "I did not know I was qualified, that is why I left Scotland. Mon objectif à moyen terme est de me faire connaître auprès de Benchikha. My medium term goal is to acquaint me with Benchikha. C'est pour cela que j'ai décidé de venir jouer en Algérie», nous a confié Lazreg qui avait déjà porté le maillot des Verts chez les jeunes catégories. That's why I decided to come play in Algeria, told us Lazreg who had worn the Green youth categories.

Dès l'été prochain en Scotish Premier League si… le MCEE le lui permet Next summer in Scotish Premier League if ... MCEE allows it

Lazreg se voit donc obligé de revenir en Algérie, qu'il a rallié hier lundi, afin de se joindre à l'effectif du MCEE, tout en gardant les contacts avec les dirigeants de Motherwell qui lui ont signifié que les portes lui seront grandes ouvertes dès l'été prochain. Lazreg is therefore compelled to return to Algeria, which he joined last Monday to join the staff of MCEE, keeping contacts with leaders of Motherwell, having served as the doors it will open wide next summer. «J'ai signé un contrat de 3 ans avec le MCEE, mais je pense qu'ils vont me libérer si Motherwell leur fait une belle offre au mercato d'été», a espéré ce latéral droit qui rêve que cette saison soit enfin la sienne. "I signed a 3 year contract with the MCEE, but I think they will release me if Motherwell makes them a good offer in summer transfer market," hoped that this dream right side this season is finally own. C'est tout le mal qu'on lui souhaite. That's all the evil that he wants.

Lire la suite: http://translate.googleusercontent.com/tra...g#ixzz12F9cqotg

Possibly Hutchinson could be better suited to that area. No reason to see why Page couldn't replace Craigan as Hammell will be around for a wee while yet.

As the weeks pass it looks like Fitzy will leave us at New Year. I'd look to try and keep Blackman till May, re sign Sutton on a 2/3 year deal and depending on his form offer Gow a contract.

Agree about Fitzpatrick, he seems surplus to requirement now.

Pretty happy with the squad and the options we have available. Picking a projected team to face Rangers seems quite tricky as there are only 6 definite starters barring injuries in my opinion.

Randolph

Craigan

Hammell

Reynolds

Saunders

Jennings

Everyone else has either been hooked at half time, on the bench or their form has been up and down from one game to the next.

Is this the diminutive Right Back that impressed most who watched him from the Motherwell vs Motherwell bounce game?

If so, to quote Marvin from the scheme "Haaaaappy as Larrrrry"

No, this guy wasn't involved in Motherwell v Motherwell. The right back was a tiny guy, with a decent touch

The "Salim" in that game is about to sign for The h**s, pity as he was MoTM in my opinion.

Possibly Hutchinson could be better suited to that area. No reason to see why Page couldn't replace Craigan as Hammell will be around for a wee while yet.

As the weeks pass it looks like Fitzy will leave us at New Year. I'd look to try and keep Blackman till May, re sign Sutton on a 2/3 year deal and depending on his form offer Gow a contract.

Hutch was a midfielder when he joined the club I believe, so it wouldnt be an outrageous move

No, this guy wasn't involved in Motherwell v Motherwell. The right back was a tiny guy, with a decent touch

The "Salim" in that game is about to sign for The h**s, pity as he was MoTM in my opinion.

I thought it was the Salim who played on the wing in that games who was going to Greyskull.