Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

It's a completely different Salim that was playing in that game. The right back aforementioned was Jamie McCluskey who just signed for St Mirren.

McCluskey came on as a sub in the secong half no? He was not the right back of arab origin, well, not unless the sun is more potent in Wrexham than I thought!

McCluskey came on as a sub in the secong half no? He was not the right back of arab origin, well, not unless the sun is more potent in Wrexham than I thought!

Can't remember any other right back, either way, the Salim mentioned a few pages back as being at Rangers is a totally different one than the one we had ont rial up front.

Aye, the wee right back (number two for the black team) was a midget who looked Arabic or something along those lines.

McCluskey came on as a sub in the second half for the black team and played right wing, scoring and then missing a penalty.

And this Salim geezer is the guy who looked tidy at left wing for the black team (pretty sure he was number nine) and isn't the same guy who is going to sign for Rangers.

For the record, all three of the aforementioned players looked much better than Estaban Casagolda. :nod:

And this Salim geezer is the guy who looked tidy at left wing for the black team (pretty sure he was number nine) and isn't the same guy who is going to sign for Rangers.

Salim Kerkar played LM (for the team in black kits) in the trial game (wearing number 9) and has been on trial - looking likely to win a deal - with Rangers.

The stuff about Darren Jackson and the cat are the ramblings of a ranting madman on a Vicodin and Tennents super binge.

I'd take Dundee players only if we'd get them on a 2-3 year deal minimum so we'd get something and they have to be on a par with our current squad.

Other than that I'm happy with the current squad apart from right back, not that Saunders is bad, I think he's naturally more of a centre-half and will eventually end up there. Hateley seems unkeen to play there so for me that is the problem, however its only a minor one at present. Over time I think we need to look at someone to replace Jennings if we can't keep him again next summer and Lasley too but it's 12-18 months away at least for him.

So Craigie .... Centre-Mid's and Right Backs .... thanks very much.

The stuff about Darren Jackson and the cat are the ramblings of a ranting madman on a Vicodin and Tennents super binge.

I'd take Dundee players only if we'd get them on a 2-3 year deal minimum so we'd get something and they have to be on a par with our current squad.

Other than that I'm happy with the current squad apart from right back, not that Saunders is bad, I think he's naturally more of a centre-half and will eventually end up there. Hateley seems unkeen to play there so for me that is the problem, however its only a minor one at present. Over time I think we need to look at someone to replace Jennings if we can't keep him again next summer and Lasley too but it's 12-18 months away at least for him.

So Craigie .... Centre-Mid's and Right Backs .... thanks very much.

so would I.. Is Klimpl still there ?

Is Rhys Weston not their right-back? We've already had him on trial and decided he's not for us.

And please, let's not open up the whole Klimpl thing again. Had his time and we've all moved on since.

Not sure why we'd have the Klimpl thing since he was released in the summer

Am I right in thinking big Nick is out of contract in the summer? If we extended it and then got him on a 2-3 year deal for free in the summer, what a bit of business that'd be.

I think the best we can hope for regarding Blackman is getting him on loan till the end of the season. Hopefully we can get get Gow on a longer deal, provided he continues to show promise! I'd also like to see us offering Jennings a longer deal also although I feel/fear this will be left till the summer, which is not a criticism, just the way it is.

Couple of gossip pages this morning saying Seria A side Bari have watched Mark Reynolds 3 times this season and are poised to make an offer in January.

Good news.

Blackburn Rovers striker Nick Blackman is hopeful of extending his loan with Motherwell beyond January. (Various)

Also good news.

Am I right in thinking big Nick is out of contract in the summer? If we extended it and then got him on a 2-3 year deal for free in the summer, what a bit of business that'd be.

There is no way this would happen. The model has been set by Lukas and Ruddy imo. Premiership squad player shines in SPL = very decent move to and first team football at a Championship club.