Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

I heard today that there was scouts from Newcastle and at least 3 other premiership clubs watching Jamie Murphy but I forgot the other ones. Did he not sign a 3 year deal recently ?

They mentioned 3 or 4 premiership clubs on the radio before the game, the only one I remember was Stoke.

Absolutley no point in Murphy going to an EPL club right now. Look at it this way, Ports and the Juke can't command a place in an EPL team so Murphy at this stage in his development won't.

Money and 'well tinted specs aside, he would be far better with another season and a half developing at Fir Park under Jack and Victor.

Absolutley no point in Murphy going to an EPL club right now. Look at it this way, Ports and the Juke can't command a place in an EPL team so Murphy at this stage in his development won't.

Money and 'well tinted specs aside, he would be far better with another season and a half developing at Fir Park under Jack and Victor.

But If you look at the success of Players such as James McFadden and James McCarthy who both went to reasonably Mid Table EPL Clubs. McFadden is earning high and Playing football week in week out With Birmingham (Except When He was Injured) and McCarthy is doing much the same with Wigan. Although McFadden was still a class or so above Murphy, He played the exact same role as Murphy is doing so now and Murphy would be a great success in the EPL.

But If you look at the success of Players such as James McFadden and James McCarthy who both went to reasonably Mid Table EPL Clubs. McFadden is earning high and Playing football week in week out With Birmingham (Except When He was Injured) and McCarthy is doing much the same with Wigan. Although McFadden was still a class or so above Murphy, He played the exact same role as Murphy is doing so now and Murphy would be a great success in the EPL.

As you said, Faddy was a better player. Plus, how much did he actually feature for Everton? Not that much, certainly not at the start when he got his move at a young age. Its taken years to grow up age wise and football wise and moving to a lesser club for him to be able to hold a place down.

McCarthy, haven't really watched wigan so can't judge him.

I just dont think our Jamie could cut it yet and I certainly don't think he's physically able to match it with EPL defenders. The majority of EPL strikers are all big strapping athletes, even Torres is deceptive, when you see him up close you realise he isn't a wee weed.

As you said, Faddy was a better player. Plus, how much did he actually feature for Everton? Not that much, certainly not at the start when he got his move at a young age. Its taken years to grow up age wise and football wise and moving to a lesser club for him to be able to hold a place down.

McCarthy, haven't really watched wigan so can't judge him.

I just dont think our Jamie could cut it yet and I certainly don't think he's physically able to match it with EPL defenders. The majority of EPL strikers are all big strapping athletes, even Torres is deceptive, when you see him up close you realise he isn't a wee weed.

Well, He moved to Everton Where he was nurtured and was only taken away by a High Bid From Birmingham. He found himself at Everton and has since then taken up a midfield role instead of an attacking role. AS far as I remember he played a big role in Evertons Champions league campiagn a few years back. Scoring goals etc.

Faddy hardly featured for the first year after his move to Everton, waste of talent, we could have been getting the benefit whilst he was on a continued learning curve. End of next season maybe Jamie will be ready, just now it's way too soon. Pearson suffered from moving too quicky as well and I don't even know what he's doing now, luckily Faddy was a special talent and is now showing his worth.

Faddy hardly featured for the first year after his move to Everton, waste of talent, we could have been getting the benefit whilst he was on a continued learning curve. End of next season maybe Jamie will be ready, just now it's way too soon. Pearson suffered from moving too quicky as well and I don't even know what he's doing now, luckily Faddy was a special talent and is now showing his worth.

agreed, mcfadden and pearson left too early. jamie would be better following scott mcdonald's example and having a couple of seasons of being the main man for us and establish himself as one the best players in the spl before leaving.

From the sounds of it McCarthy has been a revalation down at Wigan. Rumours are he is Arsenal bound very soon.

McFadden - done well, but not as good as I felt he could have done.

Murphy. Still a long way to go before he can play regularly in the EPL. He also needs to bulk up slightly.

Murphy has far more potential than Faddy imo.

One of the most bonkers opinions I've seen on here in a long time.

Don't get me wrong, I think Murphy is a really good player when on his game, but he isnae a patch on McFadden when he was at Motherwell. Murphy is 21 now, but McFadden was a far more influential player in our side then and he was a full Scotland international at that stage, which I dont think Murphy is ready for, certainly physically.

Me and my mate have been watching him specifically all season, and in the 1st half of games he has been senastional at times, come the 2nd half he becomes non-existant in most games, whether thats through tiredness or opponents wising up to him but Faddy was dominating games and taking them by teh scruff of the neck at a younger age than Murphy is now.

One of the most bonkers opinions I've seen on here in a long time.

Don't get me wrong, I think Murphy is a really good player when on his game, but he isnae a patch on McFadden when he was at Motherwell. Murphy is 21 now, but McFadden was a far more influential player in our side then and he was a full Scotland international at that stage, which I dont think Murphy is ready for, certainly physically.

Me and my mate have been watching him specifically all season, and in the 1st half of games he has been senastional at times, come the 2nd half he becomes non-existant in most games, whether thats through tiredness or opponents wising up to him but Faddy was dominating games and taking them by teh scruff of the neck at a younger age than Murphy is now.

Faddy is far more naturally gifted but he has been held back due to his lack of pace and awareness. If Murphy can build on his self belief, strength and stamina I just think he would be better placed to make a bigger impact on the Premiership than McFadden has.

Look at Steven Fletcher during his 1st season in Premiership, is Murphy a million miles away from being as good as him? I don't think he is.

Faddy is far more naturally gifted but he has been held back due to his lack of pace and awareness. If Murphy can build on his self belief, strength and stamina I just think he would be better placed to make a bigger impact on the Premiership than McFadden has.

Look at Steven Fletcher during his 1st season in Premiership, is Murphy a million miles away from being as good as him? I don't think he is.

Steven Fletcher is a totally different player from Murphy and Faddy (who I would say are pretty similar in positional terms). Fletcher is an out and out striker, who occasionally comes deep, but Murphy is in a similar situation to that of Faddy in respect that nobody seems to know his best position.

Faddy had more natural ability and far more determination/drive than Murphy has, and I fear that Murphy would get lost if he moved to the Premiership.

I think Murphy would benefit massively from a Premiership move. When you compare him and Blackman or Jutkiewicz, while not similar players, they looked far more physically able to compete in a game. If you look at McCarthy now and a year ago as well, he's far more conditioned than when he left Hamilton. Fletcher the same.

I'm not meaning to have a pop at Motherwell or the training methods, because obviously they recognised and helped produce Murphy as a talent, but a move south could really benefit him. Not West Ham though, given that their medical team seems to consist of a big cupboard full of cortizone.

agreed, mcfadden and pearson left too early. jamie would be better following scott mcdonald's example and having a couple of seasons of being the main man for us and establish himself as one the best players in the spl.................. before leaving.

As long as he leaves the Scott McDonald similarities at the dots then aye. :thumbup:

When he leaves I hope does with a great deal more dignity than that wee fuckiin' ratbag.

Well if he only scores 2 goals in the last 3 months of the season and we slip that far down the table then you can claim it wasn't his fault on his behalf.

we won 3 league games in the 2007 part of 06/07 and mcdonald scored in all of them. all 3 games came after he had signed for celtic.

he had a great game and scored at killie before xmas when we were bottom of the league. he had a great game on boxing day at dunfermline and scored. if we had lost those two games i believe we'd have been relegated.

in my opinion, in the moday night game at dunfermline mcdoanald was one of only a few motherwell players who looked committed in a game that could of guaranteed our safety.

imo he did very well in his last six months.

we won 3 league games in the 2007 part of 06/07 and mcdonald scored in all of them. all 3 games came after he had signed for celtic.

he had a great game and scored at killie before xmas when we were bottom of the league. he had a great game on boxing day at dunfermline and scored. if we had lost those two games i believe we'd have been relegated.

in my opinion, in the moday night game at dunfermline mcdoanald was one of only a few motherwell players who looked committed in a game that could of guaranteed our safety.

imo he did very well in his last six months.

That was the game he got himself needlessly sent off in so that he missed the very last game vs St Mirren. Aye that was helpful.