Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Never bought in to this theory that ONE player saved a TEAM from relegation by looking at an entire season. Sure the odd imporrant goal was scored but unless he was playing 'any man saves' and was playing in every position then I can't subscribe to it.

Quote from Gow in The Scotsman today:

Gow, however, is keen to remain with Motherwell after scoring his first goal for the club. "I love it here, all the boys are great and the management is great as well," he said.

"I'm happy being here so it will be up to the club if they want to keep me. I've not spoken to the management of the club yet. It will be up to them if they want to contact me.

Which sounds promising - finances permitting, of course.

Never bought in to this theory that ONE player saved a TEAM from relegation by looking at an entire season. Sure the odd imporrant goal was scored but unless he was playing 'any man saves' and was playing in every position then I can't subscribe to it.

Normally I'd agree, but I recall when we bought Willie Falconer he scored a rake of goals in single-goal wins which pulled us clear.

BBC are reporting Rangers have puled out of the Kerkar deal as his former club wanted £300,000 in development money despite him being a free agent.

Looking at him in the picture, I don't think there is any doubting that he is the winger and not the diminutive right back in the Well vs. Well bounce game.

we won 3 league games in the 2007 part of 06/07 and mcdonald scored in all of them. all 3 games came after he had signed for celtic.

he had a great game and scored at killie before xmas when we were bottom of the league. he had a great game on boxing day at dunfermline and scored. if we had lost those two games i believe we'd have been relegated.

in my opinion, in the moday night game at dunfermline mcdoanald was one of only a few motherwell players who looked committed in a game that could of guaranteed our safety.

imo he did very well in his last six months.

So you conveniently ignore the multitude of games he didn't score in then? That works. His por return cost him his World Cup place did it not? Allegedly our fault tae!!!

As said it's a team effort and McDonald was part of a team which produced a very poor run of form which took us to the brink of relegation

You fail to recognise the part where he was touted to half the SPL and every time it was to a 'bigger' club he would be delighted to play for. He was a wee whore who showed zero dignity or respect for this football club and it's supporters with his antics in trying to get away.

On field the very least anyone would expect from him would be 100% effort, no disputing that, disnae make his actions off it any less palatable.

BBC are reporting Rangers have puled out of the Kerkar deal as his former club wanted £300,000 in development money despite him being a free agent.

Looking at him in the picture, I don't think there is any doubting that he is the winger and not the diminutive right back in the Well vs. Well bounce game.

I heard that was going through a couple of weeks ago, Rangers and Celtic were both after him

Aye but the guys at the other end had to keep it at zero for the opposition in order for us to pick up the win. Nearly always a team effort.

Prior to signing Falconer, we'd been conceeding but no scoring at all. Indeed, prior to winning at Falkirk on 23rd January, we'd gone the previous 14 games scoring just twice. I know Falconer didn't score in a few games, but his goals and input certainly made a massive difference in keeping us up that season.

So you conveniently ignore the multitude of games he didn't score in then? That works. His por return cost him his World Cup place did it not? Allegedly our fault tae!!!

you've got your seasons mixed up. the world cup was 2006, mcdonald's final 6 months were 2007.

Did a wise man not once say!

“Sometimes you look in a field and you see a cow and you think it’s a better cow than the one you’ve got in the field. It’s a fact, right, and it never really works out that way. It’s probably the same cow and it’s not as good as your own cow. Some players like to think there’s a better world somewhere else. It never really works.”

:(

Did a wise man not once say!

"Sometimes you look in a field and you see a cow and you think it's a better cow than the one you've got in the field. It's a fact, right, and it never really works out that way. It's probably the same cow and it's not as good as your own cow. Some players like to think there's a better world somewhere else. It never really works."

:ph34r:

Good old Fergie!

That red wine's starting to have an effect!

Brian Kerr - undoubted talent, poor attitude.
And, frustratingly, doesn't appear to realize what opportunities he has wasted. The guy has the ability to play at a high level, but hasn't quite worked out that you still need to work at the game, even when you have the talent.

I have never seen Brian Kerr play well in a game. Ever.

Hope to god he stays well away from us.

Nearly every Scotland U21 game he participated in. Head and shoulders the best player on the park (which infrequently included Faddy being on the field at the same time). 80-90% was awarded MotM. This was prior to him signing for us.

He had the quality, just never fulfilled it after his leg break at Fir Park for Livi. And his attitude, everyone is familiar with..