Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

I too used to laugh at young Mark O'Velly's dim-witted posts but then I remembered an incident last year at a game at New Douglas Park. A young lad was trackside with his back to us. Me and littleshinyhead were having a private laugh at his expense, calling him a pie-licker and stuff due to the fact he was licking his pie. I believe it was a maccaroni pie as that was all they had left. Then he turned round and he was all down syndrome and that. I felt like a proper Charlie and no mistake.

Down syndrome. That's all I'm saying.

You never know the minute.

I never suggested Hughes was signing with anyone or us, just that he was back in Motherwell and it may be possible

Clarky had been up, and as far I knew he was still here, don't follow english football so I wouldn't know if he was back or not

now before you make any comment about sandwiches and picnics take a good look at yourself :woop:

Geez aw peace and shut the fuck up.

Sutton linked back down south. No quotes or anything. Looks like an agent trying to smoke out offers either from us or clubs down there.

Craig Brown should get a new contract sorted out for Sutton, he is a decent player who gives us a bit of a target up front. We will be very short of goal scoring options if we lose Sutton and Blackman in January .

Am I the only one who sees Sutton as a stop-gap who we've never got round to replacing?

Granted he's done well over the last 2-3 years but I'd not be that gutted if he were to go.

I think when he signed alot of us thought that, yea. However the big man is a good honest SPL Striker that most clubs in the league outside the Old Firm would happily have in their squad, even as 3rd/4th choice Centre Forward.

For that reason he would be well worth another deal - always a threat up front and a great penalty box striker, something we wouldn't have if he left.

Aye, given the number of wasters there are around in football (Take a bow Lee Miller), Big John Sutton is tremendous value. Knows where the goal is and runs himself into the ground week in, week out.

If he goes for more money, fair play to him, can't really grudge him it, but I'd be delighted to see him stay.

I'm another fan of Sutty and hope he gets a new deal sorted too.

As above, chips in a decent amount of goals each season and allied to that you can generally be assured of determination and endeavour be it upfront or when he's been shunted to left-mid.

I'm not sure if he's mentioned anything about a new deal in the media and programme but gives the impression of being happy enough at Motherwell. Given he has bounced between England and Scotland for almost all his career maybe we can benefit from him being wanting to stay put for a bit.

All assuming the club want to re-new his deal ofcourse!!

But in general we are getting to the point of the year where it would be nice to hear some contract news. One of the positives from last season was the swift renewal of several of the team's contracts. Hopefully that can continue this year also.

Worried about losing Blackman to Aberdeen in January. Lets not kid ourselves though. He will be a Championship player, at least, next season. Gow I'm not bothered about. Craigan is entering his last six months. Lets not play the loyalty card here either and get it wrong. He is a possibilitly to bolster that slack Dons defence. Sutton is a possible target although he has fell out of Brown's plans a wee bit this year.

Reynolds, Murphy, Hateley, Hammell, Lasley, Randolph, Humphrey, Ssunders I would doubt very much due to contract or better move due.

If anyone decides to join Broon at Aberdeen, then fuck them. Siege mentality here.

Personally I'd love to see Craigan go up there, he's fucking finished. I imagine he would love getting his boaby sucked off his sheep shagging media pals.

That's a touch harsh Lobey re Craigan! Guy has been a great servant to the club! I'm not his biggest fan as a player but as a person he is second to none! We are all annoyed or angry at things at the moment but let's support the players we have left at the club!

I'd be extremely disappointed not to mention angry if any of the current Motherwell players follow those Judases up North. I'd like to think the Motherwell players are as angry at those two as the fans are.

I'm sure they'd want Blackman, but whether Blackburn wish to extend his loan at Motherwell, let alone go to another club remains to be seen. Could depend on whether Blackburn feel his development would be better served at the original club, or under the management that took him there in the first place?

Gow could go, and although despite his contributions being a bit of a mixed bag, I do feel he has something to offer. That said, he has been a Motherwell player for 2 minutes so we would undoubtably survive.

Fitzys out of contract and I don't think he's earned another one here. Don't think they'd take him to Pittodrie though.

I'm sure Broon would like Reynolds and Jennings and a cheeky bid could be made for either or both in January. Would either of them accept it? Or more to the point would Motherwell even consider dealing with Aberdeen again? I'd like to think not. I think both players would rather go down to the championship anyway.

Fitzys out of contract and I don't think he's earned another one here. Don't think they'd take him to Pittodrie though.

Broon gave him 90 mins and he played well. Like I've said before Broon would play Randolph in midfield just so he could keep as close to the previous weeks Xi if he could.

Fitzy'll get a 6 month extension.

And we'll get players back from loan spells and some of them will get more game time and it'll all be cushty