Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Thought we *might* get him on board in January. Brown made it very clear that there was one new signing he wanted as well as retaining loan deals in the next window. I'm not sure whether Boyle was going to sanction the deal but it seems like Brown will sign him for Aberdeen almost immeadiately.

Didnt know what thread to put this in.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...een/9279960.stm

Looks like this could be the player Brown wanted to sign for us that got kiboshed bye Boyle.

If Brown has went to Aberdeen because Milne has promised him the resources to sign players the calibre of David McNamee, I fully look forward to pishing myself laughing at them fighting relegation in vain for the rest of the season.

Caught a glimpse at the Mother-in-law's Airdrie & Coatbridge Advertiser and they're reporting that the three youngsters on loan at Cliftonhill (Peter Innes, Steven Lawless and Steven Meechan) are set to extend their loan deals to the end of the season.

The Rovers gaffer is full of compliments for them crediting their ability, work-rate, determination and says the paperwork has just really to be signed. Says the departure of Brown won't have any bearing.

So what's the script with McNamee? Still training with the 'well? Makes you wonder what makes the biggest impression on a chap - the team mates, the gaffer, the cash, the town, the fans.... I hope he gets offered a contract as he'd give the squad a bit more than Alan Gow does.

So what's the script with McNamee? Still training with the 'well? Makes you wonder what makes the biggest impression on a chap - the team mates, the gaffer, the cash, the town, the fans.... I hope he gets offered a contract as he'd give the squad a bit more than Alan Gow does.

What if the new gaffer doesn't want him? He would be mad to turn down Aberdeen if given the chance as he doesn't have a clue if we want him at this stage.

Story I heard was that he was more or less signed before he went to thistle, but Gannon (I think..) came in and said he wasn't massively keen on signing someone he didn't know and had never seen.

knitting together of old stories / quotes from Wales

CARDIFF CITY boss Dave Jones has made a new centre-half his number one priority with the January transfer window about to open.

The Bluebirds manager has been openly critical of his back four during a run that has seen them pick up just one win and two draws since losing to Swansea City at the start of November.

Jones must wait and see how much Malaysian investor Vincent Tan is prepared to loosen the purse strings, but he knows that a new defensive solidity lies at the heart of any new year revival.

Chris Riggott, the former Middlesbrough central defender, is now fit and ready to play, but he has been out of action for so long the feeling is that it would be wrong to heap too much immediate pressure on him.

Three players available and possibly on the move during January are Mark Reynolds (Motherwell), Kelvin Wilson (Nottingham Forest) and Glenn Loovens (Celtic).

Reynolds and Wilson are out of contract in the summer and Cardiff could face stiff opposition for either of their signatures.

And, while Loovens is surplus to requirements at Celtic, he doesn’t seem keen on a move back to South Wales.

Celtic are leading contenders to sign Wilson at Forest, which may make Motherwell’s Reynolds, only 23 years old, a good bet for Cardiff City.

He has European experience with Motherwell and knows he will probably have to move on from Fir Park if he is to play at the top levels.

Jones would have to sell the dream of Cardiff City earning promotion this season to persuade Reynolds on a move to South Wales.

That may be helped by the Scots already at Cardiff City Stadium – David Marshall, Kevin McNaughton, Chris Burke, Gavin Rae and Paul Quinn.

“I have never hidden my desire to play at the highest level and if somebody thinks I am good enough they will make a bid for me,” says Reynolds, who was the subject of a major bid by Rangers.

Their £750,000 offer was rejected by Motherwell.

“It is flattering to get linked with bigger teams and for people to say that you are ready to take the step up,” said Reynolds.

“I want to challenge myself at the top level and I’ve always been honest and said that’s what I want to do.

“It’s a dream to play for Scotland as well and, although I’ve been around the squad, I don’t have a full international cap yet. But that is something you hope for in the future.”

Jones wants a centre-back, maybe two, plus a centre-forward to challenge Jay Bothroyd.

He also has a couple of wingers on his list, but they are unlikely to top priority just yet.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/cardiffonline.../#ixzz18jj9OaT7

• 2 weeks later...

Not all bad just now.........

Blackburn could let Nick Blackman stay at Motherwell

Blackman has scored 10 goals in 16 appearances for Motherwell

Blackburn manager Steve Kean is happy for striker Nick Blackman to extend his loan at Fir Park, according to Motherwell interim boss Gordon Young. Blackman's loan spell is nearing an end as the Scottish Premier League club continue to search for a new manager.

But Young said of the 21-year-old: "I've already spoken to Steve Kean.

"He has intimated they would look to re-sign him and they would have no objection to loaning him back to Motherwell. He is keen to stay here."

Blackman, who has scored 10 goals in 16 appearances for Motherwell since joining them in August, is due to return to Ewood Park after the New Year derby away to Hamilton.

o.gifI think Motherwell would be keen to have him

Motherwell caretaker manager Gordon YoungA decision about whether that would be extended has been made more difficult by managerial upheaval at both clubs.

Sam Allardyce was surprisingly sacked by Blackburn's new owners, who subsequently handed caretaker Kean, their Scottish first-team coach, the job full-time.

Craig Brown and assistant Archie Knox resigned from Motherwell to take over at Aberdeen.

Several leading candidates ruled themselves out of the running to replace them, but the Fir Park board are expected to appoint former Bradford manager Stuart McCall on Thursday.

Meanwhile, the end to Blackman's loan deal has been approaching along with the short-term contracts handed to forward Alan Gow and Marc Fitzpatrick.

"Dialogue has been struck," said Young. "How far down the road we are, I'm not sure, but the fact we're talking is positive."

Of Blackman, the caretaker boss added: "I think Motherwell would be keen to have him."

Blackman began his career at Macclesfield before joining Blackburn in January 2009.

He then had loan spells with Blackpool and Oldham Athletic before finding his scoring touch with Motherwell.