Dundee Motherwell United V Ross County

well4eva

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully United won't choke. A little worried as they never choked in the league for once, so this could be the place for them to do it. Hopefully Houston will have the United boys fired up, and unfortunately for County there will be no chance of United thinking they just have to turn up due to County's previous against Hibernian and Celtic.

From a Motherwell point of view it is United all the way, but for a European Co-Eff point of view I don't think it matters as I doubt either of them will last past the Play-Off Round (the round they enter) of the Europa League.

I must admit I have always enjoyed Motherwell vs Dun Utd matches. Imo a fixture that delivers in goals and entertainment more often than not. Dislike Aberdeen, St Mirren, Accies, Aberdeen, Rangers, Celtic, and Hearts WAAAAAAY more than Utd so maybe it is an easy decision for me.

However if it was Aberdeen, St Mirren etc., etc., in their position I still think I would want them to beat County. Our success means much more to me than the fortunes of anybody else.

I'm going to support Dundee Utd as if they were Motherwell today.

In fact I'm going to refer to Dundee Utd AS Mothewell, imagine them in claret and amber and cross reference their squad numbers with our squad numbers so if no. 9 Jon Daly scores it wasn't really Jon Daly that scored it was no.9 John Sutton and I'll chant 'Sutto! Sutto! Sutto!' at the television.

I'm going to support Dundee Utd as if they were Motherwell today.

In fact I'm going to refer to Dundee Utd AS Mothewell, imagine them in claret and amber and cross reference their squad numbers with our squad numbers so if no. 9 Jon Daly scores it wasn't really Jon Daly that scored it was no.9 John Sutton and I'll chant 'Sutto! Sutto! Sutto!' at the television.

Couldn't have put it better myself mate!! :lol::D

Hope County Stuff 'em!! Hate United!!

Can't imagine why anyone would hate Dundee United to be honest! Have had many a good day out to Tannadeechee, and they were a great team to watch in the 80's (but unlike Aberdeen, their fans don't believe this still entitles them to be winning everything 20 years later).

United have a long history of bottling it in finals, but I think (hope) they'll probably just scrape it.

If we weren't good enough to qualify off our own backs we dont deserve to be in the Europa Cup.

we would be qualifying by our league position of 5th mate. mon the united.

If we weren't good enough to qualify off our own backs we dont deserve to be in the Europa Cup.

What a load of tosh. We played more games in Europe this season than Aberdeen, a team that qualfied for Europe on their own "merit".

Up until today I was adament that I was split between wanting the underdogs to win, or wanting United to do us a favour.

But today I've realised I couldn't give a toss about County. Motherwell playing in Europe vastly outweighs a First Division team I don't support winning a major trophy.

UNITED! UNITED! UNITED!