Dundee Motherwell United V Ross County

well4eva

I honestly cannae believe some comments I have read.

To me, even just seeing Motherwell being in the Europa league turns me into an excited wee waine.

I couldn't care less if a small dent is made into funds due to paying the rent for the excellsior.

I also couldn't care less about being drawn with a big club and getting pumped.

And I sure couldn't care less about Ross county.

We are there and that's all that matters.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in after spending the day studying at Strathclyde Uni Library. Up until 2ish couldn't get any peace as United fans had taken over the pub behind the library in their hundreds and were making quite a bit of noise(understandably). Usually this would put me in a foul mood but I think I'll let them off this time :nod: . Can't believe Motherwell are in Europe for the 3rd successive time, what a great achievement for the team and I really can't wait for the draw

Thought I read on the 'fishel that they expected the re-sown pitch would be ready for Europe, if we qualified.

Matches on the 1st and 8th of july, so we are giving our new pitch 2 months before playing on it. We will get hammered by the authorities if we get the problems we have suffered the last couple of seasons and rightly so.

Matches on the 1st and 8th of july, so we are giving our new pitch 2 months before playing on it. We will get hammered by the authorities if we get the problems we have suffered the last couple of seasons and rightly so.

thought our 1st games were the 15th and 22nd of july?

thought our 1st games were the 15th and 22nd of july?

Yes, 15th and 22nd of July it is.

I come back from my holidays on the 12th of July (and the bands will be playing) :nod:

I will get the wife drunk on holiday and break it to her that I will be following the Well in europe again. (Cos I am a sh*te bag) :D

WE'RE ALL GOING ON A EUROPEAN TOUR :lol:

But Gary, is that really the case ? Did we make much from last season's adventure ?

None of the 3 draws was a bumper one, and we had to rent the Shyteberry.

We got about 14,000 people through the gates that we wouldn't normally.

Probably made about a £300,000 minus deductions (stadium hire, away match expenses, tax, etc).

I doubt we made a fortune but if we were left with a third to a half of that then that's a significant sum for a club our size.

No great love for Utd, but for me it is ALL about Motherwell. If we needed an Old Firm win today to help us get into Europe then I would have been backing them.

Ross County winning the cup would have been a fairytale, but why should I support them over Utd when we would have lost out on another place in Europe.

3 years in a row is excellent and I am hoping for another 1-2 trips abroad to follow the boys in claret and amber.

As for whether we make money form these ventures. I know not the exact figures but this season saw a combined home support of approx 14,000, which would have brought in gate money of circa £150,000 + . I also believe we made 90,000 Euros for each round we participated in courtesy of UEFA. So all in all I would be surprised if we made less than £250k NET from this years exploits, which is not to be laughed at in this current climate and could account for 3 decent players annual wages.

I am with Finlay on this one - the greater good of Motherwell FC is ALL that matters.

YA BEZZER beat me to it

if we get 2 sell outs at fp then we would get well over £500 000 so it has to be good financially.anyway can anyone confirm where the games would be,nobody can give a 100% answer? :D

Couldn't we have played Steaua game at Fir Park but choose to let the pitch time to knit?

I'd imagine since the pitch isn't being completely rebuilt from the bottom up they can get the seed down quicker and, you'd imagine, it will be ready quicker than last year.

I am refusing to get excited about it until i see who we are drawn against, I still think 4th place should have been ours and unt playing a weakened team devalued the credibility of our league, they were up against a 1st division team in the final and shows how professional that mob are. Aye ok they had secured 3rd but there was still a lot to play for and like every other division in europe should have played their strongest team. I am pleased we are in europe but still raging at unt rolling over to hibs and would not been too upset if county beat them, still happy we have made the tournament

Aye ok they had secured 3rd but there was still a lot to play for and like every other division in europe should have played their strongest team.

they had nothing to play for in the league though and most teams in europe would do the same in that situation.imo what they did against hibs wasnae as bad as what wolves did at ot and certain fans seem to be over reacting to that.anyway we're in europe so it made no real difference. :D

they had nothing to play for in the league though and most teams in europe would do the same in that situation.imo what they did against hibs wasnae as bad as what wolves did at ot and certain fans seem to be over reacting to that.anyway we're in europe so it made no real difference. :D

I guess I have mixed feelings about it, but will obviously be there on a European Terrace once again with my mates and fellow Well fans.

Couldn't we have played Steaua game at Fir Park but choose to let the pitch time to knit?

I'd imagine since the pitch isn't being completely rebuilt from the bottom up they can get the seed down quicker and, you'd imagine, it will be ready quicker than last year.

going slightly off topic, but would we be willing to play a llaneli or flamutari on a newly seeded pitch and risk a repeat of previous seasons and going by some of the figures quoted do we need european qualification now to pay for pitch repairs every season?

just reading through these comments, what the fuck? this must be a wind up? if not you total prick

Sair wan Al - each to their own and all that.

Like most well fans - I'm delighted that we're in europe.

Not delighted that Utd won or Ross County got beat - just delighted that the passports looked out.

On saying that - I wouldn't have been distraught had Utd been pumped. That would have been great for a team like Ross County.

As has been said many times we had the opportunity to get ourself qualified and shat in the nest 1st half vs Hibs (as well as vs Fatkirk at home) . The comeback was great but if we'd turned up we could have had it stitched up by half time.

And to be fair - for fielding a weakened team vs hibs utd deserved to be pumped.

All's well in the end though -

Sair wan Al - each to their own and all that.

Like most well fans - I'm delighted that we're in europe.

Not delighted that Utd won or Ross County got beat - just delighted that the passports looked out.

On saying that - I wouldn't have been distraught had Utd been pumped. That would have been great for a team like Ross County.

As has been said many times we had the opportunity to get ourself qualified and shat in the nest 1st half vs Hibs (as well as vs Fatkirk at home) . The comeback was great but if we'd turned up we could have had it stitched up by half time.

And to be fair - for fielding a weakened team vs hibs utd deserved to be pumped.

All's well in the end though -

agreed steve, i know we should have did it our self many times over the season and some bad ones like the 1-0 defeat by Falkirk, almost cost us euro fitba and we only had ourselfs to blame, but supporting county? at the cost of the 'well? would never dream of it.