V's Dundee Utd

ForthThistle

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spot on. This result means jack if we fuck up against Falkirk.

Bollox to that ya couple of miserable auld *banned word* :D

this result is a tremendous result that should be savoured by every 'Well fan

Clean sheet, four different scorers, confirming the best team set-up, away result to the best of the rest

we're Motherwell and we're not entitled to win every game, so no win means jack especially not a win as good as todays.

Sure it'll be good to beat Falkirk and everyone else that we beat this season but no win means jack sh1t

No goals conceeded in three by my counting. Was the defence missing Craigan up to his return? :D

Great result!

Hope Falkirk don't burst the bubble.

I have been a big critic of Craigan over the years, and felt at times he was a liabilty last season, but results don't lie and since his return the defence has been excellent. Goes to show that football is not always about what we can directly see. Craigans influence must have a very positive impact in subtle ways. It's great to have him back. The old silver fox!!!!

Also the two rather controversial summer signings JOB and Klimpl are really starting to come good. Hats off to MM for having the faith.

Brilliant result today. Mon the Well!!!

I am as overjoyed with the result as I am gutted that I didn't go! A point would have been looked upon as a good result today, but to win and win so convincingly is fantastic.

According to Keef who was texting me updates (thanks mate!) many players had their best game for the club today, so this should breed confidence throughout the team and hopefully lead to an extended good run.

Well done lads!

Makes amusing reading now...

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport-news/spo...78057-21050457/

Premier League The Odds Fellow

FORM BIG QUEUE TO BACK UNITED

FOLLOWERS of form will know exactly where to stick their cash this afternoon as Dundee United take on Motherwell.

It has been seven SPL matches since the Arabs last tasted defeat and that shock 2-0 loss at Kilmarnock was their only defeat in any competition since mid-September.

It's a remarkable record and on that kind of form Craig Levein's side have to be fancied at an outstanding 6/5 with Coral to be the title winners in the market that excludes the Old Firm.

The Tangerines should also be taken to secure maximum points this afternoon with their excellent record at Tannadice making Sportingbet's 7/10 for a home win a solid wager.

Mark McGhee's side are rated by Coral at 4/1 to emerge triumphant and at 11/4 (Jenningsbet) to draw.

However while Motherwell have stopped the rot they struggle on the road and have worst scoring record alongside Hamilton.

Bearing that in mind it would be no surprise to see United keep a clean sheet (evens, Blue Square) so the correct-score value lies with Betfred's 6/1 for them to grab the game's only goal and Jaxx.com's 6/1 marked against Levein's charges notching twice without reply.

Given that Well may find it hard to get on the scoresheet the 4/5 offered by Betdirect for the contest to conjure up fewer than three goals is worth considering.

Only one of Dundee United's last nine league matches has seen them register inside the first half hour so an early strike doesn't appear on the cards and that means bet365's 19/20 for the opener after the 28th minute also has obvious appeal.

Punters can be slightly more ambitious by backing the two sides at 31/20 (Sportingbet) to be locked at 0-0 at the interval and the Terrors are a generous 10/3 with Boylesports to prevail despite a level first period.

The home side are certain to present the game's major attacking threat and should find the net first (8/15, bet365) with Warren Feeney, who missed last week's cup win at East Stirling, a decent bet at 6/1 (Betdaq) to be the man to put his team 1-0 up in this one.

Can't wait to wait to watch the highlights the night now!!!

AMAZING result. Great for the midfield to be scoring AND very happy for Clarky to get a goal too, been needing one badly!!

Fair play McGhee, comments before hand about catching Utd were a bit iffy I thought but it worked a treat!!!

Bring on the top 6!!!

I am as overjoyed with the result as I am gutted that I didn't go!

Snap.

In fact, I haven't even seen Motherwell score a goal away from home since the opener at Tynecastle!!! (I think we've only scored at Ibrox and Easter Road away from home before today, apart from Tynecastle, and I wasn't at either of them)

Snap.

In fact, I haven't even seen Motherwell score a goal away from home since the opener at Tynecastle!!! (I think we've only scored at Ibrox and Easter Road away from home before today, apart from Tynecastle, and I wasn't at either of them)

Won 2-1 at Inverness mate.

Delighted with the result today... roll on Falkirk!

MAGNIFICENT RESULT! :D . Wish i was there to see it. Was watching the Tattiemunchers getting stuffed and after they'd lost a 3rd goal it was over to Tannadice to watch Clarky fire one into the top corner with his LEFT foot. Spent the afternoon watching Setanta and jumping up and down. Cant wait to see the highlights at 7pm. Another clean sheet too is fab. :D .

In fact, I haven't even seen Motherwell score a goal away from home since the opener at Tynecastle!!!

Welcome to my world! Since Swinecastle my record on away trips makes painful reading:

Nancy 1 Motherwell 0

Killie 1 Motherwell 0

Shellic 2 Motherwell 0

Sheepies 2 Motherwell 0

St Midden 0 Motherwell 0

We'd better flamin' score at Inverurie!!

Welcome to my world! Since Swinecastle my record on away trips makes painful reading:

Nancy 1 Motherwell 0

Killie 1 Motherwell 0

Shellic 2 Motherwell 0

Sheepies 2 Motherwell 0

St Midden 0 Motherwell 0

Well we know who to ban if we don't :D

Unbelievable but terrific result. I would happily have settled for a draw but this is truly magnificent. To win so handsomely away from home, against the form team in the SPL and on a ground where we have often struggled is brilliant. It must give the players a terrific boost to their confidence. What about a nice wee cup run now!

I've been regularly to Tannadice over the past few years and yet to see us win. I remember going up there a couple of seasons back and we played them off the park but couldn't buy a goal then, Jason Scotland, on as a sub, popped up and scored in the 90th minute. Totally gut wrenching.

I'm just sorry I couldn't get there today because this would have more than made up for it. Well played boys. :D

Nancy 1 Motherwell 0

Killie 1 Motherwell 0

Shellic 2 Motherwell 0

Sheepies 2 Motherwell 0

St Midden 0 Motherwell 0

We got a result at Inverness when you upset the great unwashed on the Telly!

AHHHHH, brilliant!!!! Was in Newcastle today and was gutted to miss this. Started on the way home about 2.30, so was listening to updates on the radio before being in radio range for the second half. Almost drove off the road on the way back when the fourth went in. FAn-bloody-tastic!!!!!