V's Dundee Utd

ForthThistle

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just wondering how Steven Hughes played today??..no one has really mentioned him and was just wondering if, because of the great result, he showed any signs of last years form today?

Cheers, Dez

I caught bits of the radio commentary and the radio team near the end said he had been quality, never giving the ball away. Sounds more like it.

what a great all round performance thats as good a result as weve had since mark mcghee came to the club.confidence and beleive look to be back amongst the players and it was good to see us so clinical in front of goal.well done the management and the players keep it goin lads

Auntie Beeb has decreed it a shock victory for Motherwell at Tannadice! :wallbash:

Considering all the mental statistics that went along with the game we canny argue with that to be honest.

Utter delighted anyway. Good to see midefielders getting goals and having someone who isny scared to have a go from outside the box. Exactly what we need! Wednesday will be interesting but cannot wait till Saturday!

Have popped up the goals from the BBC website here for you other exiles... sorry about the lack of sound, got lost in the conversion somewhere. Bit jerky in places too I'm afraid.

All four were indeed quality finishes (albeit awful defending)-- perfect header from Fizzy, Clarky still had plenty to do for his, and the technique on both Klimpl's efforts (one saved, one scored) was top notch. Looked like the keeper may just have got a hand on Porter's, but the power and placement beat him anyway.

Have popped the goals up here for you other exiles... sorry about the lack of sound, dunno what happened there.
Cheers. We'll forgive the lack of sound this week :wallbash:

EDIT: No accusations of being over-elaborate in front of the goal today. Regardless of the Utd defensive lapses, those were all nice passing moves into the danger areas and first class finishes.

Avoided the result all day today and just watched the highlights on setanta. Whit a ridiculous three minutes of my life! Outstanding!

:lol::lol: Fucking awesome mate. Watching the 3 minute highlights not knowing the score and seeing that!

I wasn't listening to first half and was just watching Aberdeen match which was showing our goals as they happened, when 1st goal was shown I, without thinking, saw Amber tops defending only to quickly realise that the Amber was infact Tangerine :wallbash::blush: Prety exhausting from thinking we were 1-0 down to actually being 1-0 up in 2secs.

:blink: WHAT A PING!!!!!!!

KLIMPL TWATTED THE BAW INTAE THE BACK OF THE NET THAT SORTA SHIT NEEDS A SOUND EFFECT!!!!!

CLARKY'S GOAL WAS CLASS AS WELL THE WAY HE KNEW THE DEFENDER WAS COMING ACCROSS HIM AND HE JUST LET HIM "JOG ON"

WATCHED THE SMELLTIC HIGHLIGHTS AND EVEN THOUGH THERE WERE 6 GOALS IN THAT GAME HOW ON EARTH COULD THEY COMPETE WITH THE QUALITY OF FINISHING!!!

GOT TO BE A GOAL OF THE MONTH IN THERE SOMEWHERE!!!

All very good goals but Dundee United looked like they had a bit of a shocker in defence.

I've said this on many occasions before but Quinn needs to get to the byline more often. Too often he hits crosses in from 25 - 18 yards out which are useless, yesterday we got the first goal because he went to the byline and hit a cross in that was actually dangerous.

Hopefully we'll see more of that in future.

Saturday put to bed, at long last, a game on the corresponding Saturday 21st January 1995. Despite taking the lead, we had an absolute mare and let in six the other end. That's that one done and gone, only wish I'd been there to see it on Saturday after having to endure that one 14 years ago! Still, magic result all the same.

Saturday put to bed, at long last, a game on the corresponding Saturday 21st January 1995. Despite taking the lead, we had an absolute mare and let in six the other end. That's that one done and gone, only wish I'd been there to see it on Saturday after having to endure that one 14 years ago! Still, magic result all the same.

Hope you're not lying in the house thinking it's Sunday :blink:

What a performance from the lads! Clarksons goal was a peach, glad to see him back on the scoresheet. Also for that goal the chasing down from Porter to win the ball back was top class, brilliant effort from the big man.

I said it last year and it has been shown again yesterday. Our full strength first 11 is as good as, maybe even better, than any other team outside the old firm so it's no coincedence we are hitting form with Craigan and Clarky back and Hughes and Porter looking more like themselves! Onwards and upwards for the well now superb.

Lambert scored, Scott Howie in goals?