'Well Badges On Private Regi Plates

J999MFC

i had the badge on my plates and got stopped a number of times basically got hounded by the cops until i changed my plates, so i would tell you not to go for it as you will get stopped at every chance by the cops

;)

But if you're determined, This Place do good show plates.

There was a certain car wash in craigneuk who used to make them but i didn't know they were illegal so i'm not naming them :lol:

They're not illegal to have (i.e. for show/off road use) but they are illegal to display on your car.

Much the same as Nitrous Oxide.

Its a stupid idea anyway. What if ye travel to an away game in the motor and a home fan sees yer regi plate and pans her window? I'd definitely stay away from having anything 'Well related on my car and the exterior of my house. Its just not worth the hassle.

I'd definitely stay away from having anything 'Well related on my car and the exterior of my house. Its just not worth the hassle.
I've got a large Motherwell sticker on the back window of the car. As no one here in Australia knows who Motherwell are then my car's perfectly safe. So i leave it on there and am happily spreading the word. :lol:

And ma hoose is Claret & Amber but everyone doon here knows what I am so that's all right. :lol:

• 11 months later...

• :yahoo: glad to say got my plates done from that certin car wash, and never had any bother (yet) been to away games upto aberdeen in car n down as far as stranrar for games n people have only comented on them - for how good they look, also be down south on caravan holidays. I must be one of the lucky ones

They're not illegal to have (i.e. for show/off road use) but they are illegal to display on your car.

Much the same as Nitrous Oxide.

I think the Nitrous being illegal is a myth tbh Gaag....see below

Q) Is nitrous legal on road cars?

A) The legality of nitrous use on the road varies from country to country, even within the EU. However, contrary to what many people believe (including some police officers) nitrous oxide injection is legal for road use in the UK and many other countries (just as are turbo chargers and superchargers). According to the Ministry of Transport, the Highway Code and the MOT handbook there is no law prohibiting the use of nitrous injection. However just as with any tuning modification, the owner must inform their insurance company and obtain adequate cover otherwise any performance modification would be illegal. Therefore the only way you will break the law by having your street car fitted with a nitrous kit in the UK, is if you fail to inform your insurance company that you have one. Insuring a nitrous injected vehicle has become easier since WON joined forces with Adrian Flux to provide all their customers with a better chance of obtaining adequate insurance cover. Some other insurance companies such as Greenlight Insurance also offer cover for nitrous equipped cars.

There is a degree of confusion over the need to have a hazard warning sticker on the outside of the car. We previously explained that nitrous oxide is neither a flammable nor a hazardous gas but it is an oxidiser. There is a legal requirement for commercial vehicles to display a suitable sticker but this does not apply to private vehicles, which are not even obliged to display a green compressed gas sticker. However, displaying such a warning sticker might well be advantageous to you and the emergency services if you were to be involved in any kind of accident, as this would inform them that you were carrying a container of compressed oxidiser.

taken from here....http://www.solware.co.uk/nitrous-oxide-kits/nitrous-oxide-faqs.shtml

• :yahoo: glad to say got my plates done from that certin car wash, and never had any bother (yet) been to away games upto aberdeen in car n down as far as stranrar for games n people have only comented on them - for how good they look, also be down south on caravan holidays. I must be one of the lucky ones

Just waiting for the post that says scratch that iv'e just been done :nod: