New Strips Released

Robyn

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem with the away top is what makes it unique to Motherwell FC? Apart from our badge there is nothing which distinguishes it from any other team who wear white. I like white but I was hoping for some claret and amber flashing somewhere to make it "ours." I appreciate there is a small claret border around the neck but I like to see strips that are clearly ours without having to read the badge. The home strip fits the bill so that will be the one for me.

Eh :huh:

It's an away top! No-ones away top is 'unique' to their club. Barca's are pink, bright blue, orange and yellow these days!!

We have the most 'Traditional' home top in years - amber with a claret hoop - with no extra 'template' design details as it is custom made to look like a Motherwell top and you are whinging because the away one isn't 'Motherwell' enough? Moaning for the sake of it i think.... :lol:

The kit isn't shown properly, I think, because Craigan has it tucked in.

Had a look round at our 'rumoured' new kit providers 2010/11 kits and made a wee mock up.

mock.png

These wee dots between the sleeve and chest look rather shite mind you.

Top 1 :lol:

I like the 'Real' away top too.

Edit: The idea that the away kit is a tribute is nothing more than spin.

Eh :huh:

It's an away top! No-ones away top is 'unique' to their club. Barca's are pink, bright blue, orange and yellow these days!!

We have the most 'Traditional' home top in years - amber with a claret hoop - with no extra 'template' design details as it is custom made to look like a Motherwell top and you are whinging because the away one isn't 'Motherwell' enough? Moaning for the sake of it i think.... :lol:

No, I'm not moaning for the sake of it at all. The away strip is a white top with a Motherwell badge on it. Even the home top has some claret flashing under the arm - why not have something like this on the away top to make it unique to us? Previous white away tops all had some claret or amber in them and I was hoping the same would be true this time.

Prefer Adi Dassler's company myself, nae time for Rudolf

Lke they'd bother with us now, liked their 80s effort but they wouldn't give us a hoop so they can Fat Calf. With some of their recent designs I'm glad they won't touch us.

What are the chances of wearing the white shorts at home against Hearts?

I'd like that tae. Fingers crossed eh?

Is that a new Mitre ball Craggs is holding too?

Believe it is.

All in all I think that's a pretty favourable response, think this years could well be the most popular for a while. I love the plainness of both tops, basic fitba' jerseys, the way they should be. No need for fancy frills, the players can produce that on the pitch. :lol: fae the 'calf.

The away top looks good just now coz it's brilliant white but what happens after a few washes & it ends up off white? Will look like a pair of old y's then. And God forgive if the kitman accedentily throws the home shorts in the wash with the away top we'd end up with pink tops :lol: But overal they could've been a lot worse.

The away top looks good just now coz it's brilliant white but what happens after a few washes & it ends up off white? Will look like a pair of old y's then. And God forgive if the kitman accedentily throws the home shorts in the wash with the away top we'd end up with pink tops :lol: But overal they could've been a lot worse.

The kit man is a pro, he gets women to wash them.

The kits are not shite, for that, I am grateful.

Loving the new kits, been worried after seeing the efforts puma conjured up for the like of newcastle and dunfermline. But i think our kits are smashing :lol: - nice plain retro away number.

Real shame we need the money from the sponser kits fine the way it is. Well done puma.

Really like both the home and the away strip. obviously the sponsor will change the look but think we have done pretty well.

particularly like the badge, with the rim of claret round it B-)and the collar on the away strip ^_^

......no one should own TWO football tops with that collar. Criminal ;):P

Both strips are cracking and I hope to buy both my boys the home strip and I might push the boat out and buy the away strip for masel'. Not bought a 'well strip since the jester in the 90's (not usually my thing) but that white one appeals to me. Belter, nice and simple. Hopefully we can buy them before we get the '99p shop' plastered across the front of them.

Also, I hate it when kits are dubbed a 'tribute'. Fuck off with that spin shite. It's a white kit, we've have one before, big deal.

It's as much a tribute to the team that wore white with Shaun Fagan in it as it is to the team with Joe Wark in it.

It's good that you can't find any other fault bar a wee bit of sales blurb. It's not exactly spin is it, the last all white away kit we had as plain as that was in the 60s, when Joe Wark had just signed, so it's factually correct. Shaun Fagan's kit had stripes down the side or alongside the Zoom logo if you recall. To be precise the Patrick away from early 80s was as close almost but it had distinctive C&A trim on collar and cuffs and mainly teamed with Claret shorts.