'possible' Official Charter To Iceland

Guest 'Flow

Guest 'Flow

Folks,

As you all know, we're heading to Iceland for the Europa League 2nd Qualifying Round.

The club is currently investigating the possibility of running a fans day charter to the game (i.e. leaving on Thursday morning and returning immediately after the game) and is currently seeking intent from people interesting in going.

Price for the day trip will be £385 (Flight + Transfers + Match Ticket).

If you're interested - please email commercial@motherwellfc.co.uk or phone Wilma on 01698 338062.

Cheers again

'Flow

Tell you what, that's not bad at all. Seem to remember it costing more to go to Finland but then again it was a DC-10 which was chartered!

Would that be the same plane the players would be going on? Bit of a gamble, travelling on the same day, if so?

Isn't there a UEFA regulation requiring visiting teams to be in the country at least 24 hours before kick-off? I recall this coming up before Manchester United played Wrexham some years ago, even though it was only about 60 miles away.

(Edit) Apparently 48 hours, as mentioned above.

Flow - how quickly do the club need to know if we are interested??

This for me too. I should know whether I have the cash by Friday at the latest! I don't want to put my name forward to then find out I can't get the cash to go.

C'mon the Credit Union you know it makes sense. :(

Guest 'Flow

Just as soon as possible Lynda (next few days I'd imagine) - there's 150 spaces to fill and if the early indication is positive in terms of coming close to filling those spots - then it'll run!

Cheers

Seem to remember the jaunt to the Faroes costing £400 plus back in 1994 so in comparison to that, £385 is pretty good going.

Hope there's the interest to fill the plane and give the team a bit of extra backing over there!

The reason its a one day affair is the charter aircraft company doesn't want to leave it overnight for a few days and then find accommodation for the crew or fly it back to the UK in-between and then back to Iceland. Otherwise you start talking silly money for the trip. What the club have offered is the most cost effective without using a scheduled service. As discussed earlier I think all the prices went up shortly after the draw for Air Iceland. Some of the US carriers used to stop en-route however I don't think it happens much now.

Personally I'd rather save my money for round 3 and hope for somewhere that doesn't regard clubbing Pingu as a recreational sport.