'Well Newsletter...

Guest 'Flow

Don't know if you guys have seen this on the Official Site as yet but it is something we're trying out! Going to have something sent to the inbox of 'Well fans on a Monday morning with bits and bobs to keep you up to date.

There will be some exclusive news/offers/promotions at the top and the rest will be a record of the website stories from the last seven days that you may well have missed (handy for things like ticking information and the likes that may have been missed if it has been a busy week).

Hopefully another step in the right direction in terms of proper communication with the fans. The more email address' we get that we can match to a fan the more we can keep in touch with things that are going on (or are about to happen) at Fir Park.

Take a wee look...

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/index.php?op...&Itemid=196

Cheers

'Flow

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The idea is we'll have something exclusive (be it an interview, ticket news, injury update etc) as the main story and sub-stories that won't be available anywhere other than the Newsletter (website, press, media etc)...

Then we'll have a wee breakdown of the other stories in the past seven days and hopefully other wee tit bits like competitions, offers and the likes!

I'm hoping it works well... Fingers crossed anyway!

'Flow

a wee bit of clarification please 'Flow

is this a request to re-submit details once again to be included for this specifically??

or if after providing details a few times and being spammed :woop: from the club recently will those adresses already receive the newsletter?

We've got a few databases mate - very few contain email address' though (likes of Season Tickets, Well Lotto, that type of thing) so if you would want to be sure you receive the weekly mail then it would probably be prudent to register your interest.

If you've been spammed by the club then I would be keen to get to the bottom of that to ensure it doesn't happen again (maybe you could PM me some details?)

Cheers

'Flow

Looking forward to seeing the first issue too. Think its a good idea to have some sort of exclusive to vary it from what's already on the website.

I know we're hardly comparing like for like with a couple of hundred 'Well fans and a couple of hundred thousand subscribers. but does anyone else get e-zine through from Setanta every month? The content is generally shit but the presentation (page turning, zooming in on articles etc) is fantastic. If we got something even near that, it would seriously look the part.

I also hope is that it proves to last the test of time. I remember similar stuff going back a decade to the days of Pat Nevin but the emails eventually dried up.

At least for the moment, ours won't be as technically good as Setanta's but I am hoping some of the exclusive content combined with some nice offers / competitions and reminder stories from the website will make up for that short-term.

Going on and into next season, I would hope we could progress to something similar to the likes of Setanta.

And for the record and someone was asking above, it was John Boyle's 'idea' and he has been pushing me and my department to have this done even before the season started. We've had a number of issues that have delayed it till now - the completion of our CRM push-email system - but we're almost there and we can get it right; then perfect it before moving onto the next project. :lol:

'Flow