Ayr Friendly

brisbaneMFC

Many people planning on this one? I'm all for it, think it will be a great afternoon. Early train down to Queen Street and then the midday train to Ayr. Couple of pints near Burns Statue Square then up to the ground.

Dinner in the Wellington Cafe with any luck.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The folks are currently managing the caravan park at Culzean Castle so a friendly at Somerset is ideal as far as the old man is concerned, so I'll be meeting up with him.

Twice in three or four years now he's got lucky with a friendly at Ayr whilst they've been at working at Culzean. He also got lucky when they were stationed at Keswick when had a friendly at Carlisle when TB was gaffer.

So in short, aye, I'll be there too.

Ayr United have downgraded this match from the Centenary Celebration to a regular friendly because the fans moaned that they were only playing a diddy club...

Understandable really. There's not that much of a gulf between Ayr and Motherwell that would class us an enticing opponent for a Centenary for them. For such a celebration you are looking for something outwith the norm, something a wee bit special. Like Liverpool were when it was ours.

It would seem a bit like us playing one of the Old Firm for our 125th.

I'll be walking too (from ayr) will feel strange being in the away end, i go and support my local team when i cant make it to fp. last time i went with a load of ayr fan mates, we all sat at the seggy fence chatting and having a laugh until a yellow jacketed feker moved us all away.

anyone else hate jobsworth stewards???

For anyone interested, there`s a bus that runs from hamilton bus station to Ayr every hour. It only stops at Kilmarnock and then right into the Ayr bus station 55mins. and only £12 return

Will this be like Mega bus and have a booze ban?