Ayr Friendly

brisbaneMFC

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A VAST improvement required ahead of Thursday or embarrassment awaits.

How do you know that? The Icelandic team could be quality wise as good as Ayr.

We know fuck all about this team we are playing.

Can't believe folk have already started giving the team pelters after three friendly wins that are basically 3 fitness tests.

A long season on the board awaits then...

I noticed Hibs pumped Dunfermline 4-0 yet we've had 3 pre season games had no clean sheets & not even nearly pumped anyone. And it has to be said Dunfermline are far better quality than the teams we played. I know it's only pre season & we are building up for a Euro tie but so its the same for Hibs & they can still put on a performance. Even if we do manage to win our Euro tie (by no means a certainty) i fear come the first game of the season we will really struggle to beat Hibs unless we can add a new striker.

I noticed Hibs pumped Dunfermline 4-0 yet we've had 3 pre season games had no clean sheets & not even nearly pumped anyone. And it has to be said Dunfermline are far better quality than the teams we played. I know it's only pre season & we are building up for a Euro tie but so its the same for Hibs & they can still put on a performance. Even if we do manage to win our Euro tie (by no means a certainty) i fear come the first game of the season we will really struggle to beat Hibs unless we can add a new striker.

That is fucking amazing. You actually managed to surprise me right there, well done man. I thought I'd seen all manner of pish on this site but that really takes the biscuit.

We are in for a very tough game on Thursday, Today was extremely disappointing in the sense that we are less than a week away from a crucial European tie, and the players don't look anywhere near match fit. I reckon if they score over here then it's tie over, underestimate this mob at your peril.

On the plus side it was a cracking day out and I was right pissed, 'Mon the 'well!

That is fucking amazing. You actually managed to surprise me right there, well done man. I thought I'd seen all manner of pish on this site but that really takes the biscuit.

We are in for a very tough game on Thursday, Today was extremely disappointing in the sense that we are less than a week away from a crucial European tie, and the players don't look anywhere near match fit. I reckon if they score over here then it's tie over, underestimate this mob at your peril.

On the plus side it was a cracking day out and I was right pissed, 'Mon the 'well!

Please inform me of where i have stated that Thursdays game will be easy. Maybe you should learn to read properly before you make yourself look like even more of an idiot. & if they score over here the tie is over? WTF everyone may as well cancel their travel arrangements then no point in going if the tie is over after 1st game! Talk about talking pish

How do you know that? The Icelandic team could be quality wise as good as Ayr.

We know fuck all about this team we are playing.

Can't believe folk have already started giving the team pelters after three friendly wins that are basically 3 fitness tests.

Nobody on this board knows anything with 100% certainty, especially when it comes to upcoming games.

My point was fairly simple. We played poorly yesterday against a 2nd division team - who by the way fielded 5-6 subs in the 2nd half. It may serve as a fitness test, but as a paying fan I was hoping to see some promise for the game next week and the upcoming season. I saw precious little to excite me. Maybe I am being unduly harsh but some players still seemed off the pace into the bargain which is perhaps unsurprising.

I hope I am wrong and that we win comfortably on Thursday, but not on the evidence of yesterday.

As for knowing nothing of the Icelandic team. Not strictly true either. We know they are midway through their season. We know they are sitting top of the table. We know they have been scoring goals for fun. We know they have several under 21 Internationalists in their side. This is the Icelandic Under 21 team that recently beat the Scottish Under 21 team!

What we do not know is whether this has more to do with the opposition teams in Iceland being crap. I certainly hope that is the case.

I fear for us this week. They will be fit and up for this game. We have not managed to keep a clean sheet v 3 2nd division sides...........

If we play to our potential I would still expect us to win over the two legs, anything less and we will undoubtedly struggle.

Still hope there is a decent home crowd to get behind the boys. I am sure that will be a big help on the night.

GAME ON

We ripped Brechin apart in the Second Half on Tuesday night so I don't know how you can say 'we have not nearly pumped anyone'!! :wacko:

Unless of course you are just rage bashing mindless nonsense into the computer with no facts behind what you are saying whatsoever so it suits the point you are trying to make..... :rolleyes:

Great day out !! Can't even remember the name of the wee pub we were in. Across from the Station. Great banter and singin' wi some Ayr fans. Christ do they hate Killie. Nearly as much as we hate Airdrie (scum).

A couple of Well fans there also including the wee burd who get pregnant pretty quickly at half time only to lose the "baby" when Tom Hateley asked for the ball back ten minutes later!!! Brilliant!!!

Where was Broonie at the game. Not in the dugout

Interesting that no-one has mentioned the weather conditions particularly as the 2nd half progressed, not exactly conducive to silky soccer skills.

Have to feel sorry for the Ayr subby who had to put on someone elses wet shirt as they didn't have enough to go around.

Interesting that no-one has mentioned the weather conditions particularly as the 2nd half progressed, not exactly conducive to silky soccer skills.

Have to feel sorry for the Ayr subby who had to put on someone elses wet shirt as they didn't have enough to go around.

That said it is also worth noting we played better when the weather conditions were at there poorest.

We just did not seem capable of creating chances and against a 2nd Div team it is a little worrying. We badly need to replace O'Brien and the Shuker boy seemed as if he was capable, although it would appear that he has other options....

I can understand peoples concerns about Thursday. A performance like the first game against Llanelli and we could easily go out as they could score a couple of goals at FP given that they will almost certainly be a tougher test than Llanelli.

I would have liked to have seen the first game in Iceland as even when not match sharp it would be possible to sneak a goal over there and something like a 2-1 defeat could be turned round at FP. By the second game the match fitness would hopefully be returning.

If the defence are not firing on Thursday and we lose even 2 goals it will be a tough task to turn it round. It's important to make a distiction between fitness and match fitness. CB and AK will have been working on the players endurance, strength and aerobic fitness but Well need games to get the sharpness that brings good performances. Having said that we played 6 competive games last season before the SPL start and St Johnstone held us to a draw in the first game so maybe we should not get to hung up on it.

Unsure how I feel about it but I would be amazed if the players underestimate the task they face. I would take 0-0 on Thursday at this point. Anything more a bonus.