Craigan Honoured By Ards Borough Council

numpty

Well, they're going to write him a wee letter, anyway.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/communit...r-14868848.html

Craigan to get Ards honour

Thursday, 8 July 2010

Northern Ireland international Stephen Craigan is set to be honoured by Ards Borough Council.

The Comber-born Motherwell player will receive a letter of appreciation after captaining the international side during its recent tour of the US and Chile.

Councillor Simon Hamilton, who tabled the motion at council, said the people of Comber and the wider Ards area were “immensely proud” of him.

“His captaincy of the team in its recent games against Turkey and Chile is I believe a unique achievement for someone from our area and worthy of praise and recognition,” Mr Hamilton said.

“I am pleased that Ards Borough Council has agreed to back my call for Stephen’s captaincy of Northern Ireland to be honoured and the mayor will now pass on the council’s pride and appreciation of Stephen’s tremendous achievement.”

He added: “Stephen is a great role model for young people from Ards and further afield and whenever our sportsmen attain the sort of success that he has it is right that it is recognised.”

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/communit...l#ixzz0t5edPuAA

Might seem unimportant but what i like about Steven Craigan apart from his leadership qualities is his refusal to bow to modern fashion and wear coloured boots really gets on my wick the amount of poseurs going round with lime green yellow etc etc football boots.

I know im going to get ridiculed for this but i dont care.

Might seem unimportant but what i like about Steven Craigan apart from his leadership qualities is his refusal to bow to modern fashion and wear coloured boots really gets on my wick the amount of poseurs going round with lime green yellow etc etc football boots.

Think you'll find more in agreement than you'd think. Boots should be black end of.

• Like 1

glad to see Craigan is continuing a Motherwell FC tradition (even if it was via playing for Northern Ireland) but touring South America and showing them how to play football (ish)

That's brilliant. ^_^

[/quote

Well said sir!