Thursday Excitement - Teams/Hopes/Fears

carlukemurray

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if hateley is fit enough he should be starting. forbes and humphrey were both poor on saturday and having both of them playing out wide could kill any creativity we might have.

i'd go for the same shape as our 2-0 win at tynecastle.

randoloph

saunders craigan reynolds hammell

hateley jennings lasley

mchugh sutton murphy

Agree with Hateley. Thought we looked better when he came on against Ayr on Saturday. I'd maybe sacrifice McHugh for Humphrey but then bringing him on with his pace with 30 mins to go might be more beneficial.

To give you some idea of the quality in Icelandic football you can follow the score between BATE Borisov who competed in the Champions League 2 seasons ago, play against FH who are 4th in the Icelandic Premier League.

By all accounts this should be a walkover for BATE like for you tomorrow. This is in the Champions League Preliminary round.

http://mbl.is/mm/sport/fotbolti/2010/07/14..._stadan_er_0_0/

Pitch flooded yet :lol:

Aye! Summer football!

I just walked from Motherwell station to Watsonville and it's like someone threw me into a swimming pool. It was actually raining so hard it went through my leather boots.

The floodlights are on so presumably someone is running about on the pitch churning it up before the season has even started!

Aye! Summer football!

I just walked from Motherwell station to Watsonville and it's like someone threw me into a swimming pool. It was actually raining so hard it went through my leather boots.

The floodlights are on so presumably someone is running about on the pitch churning it up before the season has even started!

:lol: . It wouldn't suprise me.

To give you some idea of the quality in Icelandic football you can follow the score between BATE Borisov who competed in the Champions League 2 seasons ago, play against FH who are 4th in the Icelandic Premier League.

By all accounts this should be a walkover for BATE like for you tomorrow. This is in the Champions League Preliminary round.

http://mbl.is/mm/sport/fotbolti/2010/07/14..._stadan_er_0_0/

Finished 5-1 to BATE

Typical weather for a Motherwell Game. Rumours of a hosepipe ban and the hey presto Motherwell are due to play and cue the Amazon Rainforest weather :O

That said I believe that because we did a good job installing so many (working) drains the water escapes to well and the ground is very dry. So even with this amount of rain the pitch should be fine. Sure it will cut up and by January it will look like the gobi desert and we will spend another small fortune...........groundhog day.

Hopefully 24 hours from now we will be kicking back and enjoying the last few minutes with a comfortable victory.....or we will be swearing loudly at the players for gifting all 5 goals. Ah the joys of being a Motherwell fan. You don't know what is going to happen next.

Looks like a reasonable crowd expected 6000+ Judging by the sold seats and posts on here. Should give the boys a lift and intimidate the opposition :lol:

Finished 5-1 to BATE

Yes it was 0-0 at HT but BATE ran over them in the second half, although BATE are leading the Ukraine league as well as only conceding 4 goals in 18 games I fear the same tomorrow.

Maybe you guys will use the 1st half in getting accustomed to us then BAMM in the 2nd half. This BATE result does only make my fear worse. FH Hafnarfjördur ARE WITHOUT A DOUBT one of the best teams in Iceland and they were bitchslapped by BATE tonight.

Yes it was 0-0 at HT but BATE ran over them in the second half, although BATE are leading the Ukraine league as well as only conceding 4 goals in 18 games I fear the same tomorrow.

Maybe you guys will use the 1st half in getting accustomed to us then BAMM in the 2nd half. This BATE result does only make my fear worse. FH Hafnarfjördur ARE WITHOUT A DOUBT one of the best teams in Iceland and they were bitchslapped by BATE tonight.

What would BATE do to Motherwell though Bliki? That is what you need to ask yourself :lol:

Giddy for the mora now!

Going to sit and play Football Manager untill 5 am, crawl into bed until lunchtime, wake up and jump on a train to Glasgow for some scran and many many many pints while most of you mugs clock watch in the office and draw up formations on post-its. Then onto JDs for more pints!!

Gotta love the summer holidays!!

I'd have loved to have been there tomorrow, phone the club today, to try to buy a ticket for myself and a few visiting friends, wanted to pay over the phone, apparently they stopped this yesterday, no reason given, i cant get there during the opening times due to work.

they must be rakin in the cash to be willing to turn down half a dozen bodys for a game thats less than half capacity.

Hadn't really given this much thought til today. Don't get me wrong, the ticket is bought and the day off secured long ago. But I haven't had a sense of anticipation for it until about an hour ago.

I reckon we'll have a hard game of it and fear we could see a re-run of Mypa 47. Only thing to say against this is the fact that Breidablik may not be as good as Mypa were. That and the fact that we have wily old Craig Brown rather than a young naive ginger manager in charge (whatever happened to that guy?). So many unknowns about tomorrow's game, the opponents, our line-up, how solid our keeper is, how conditions will affect things, I'm not even going to attempt to predict a scoreline.

For what it's worth (never having seen Hollis or Randolph in action, I'll leave that one blank), I would go with..

_______

Saunders Craigan Hutchison Hammell

Lasley Hateley Jennings

Forbes

Sutton Murphy

Not Forbes' biggest fan but he can pass a football and perhaps a free role behind a front two, without the same defensive responsibilities as in a midfield three or requirement for pace if playing wide left. Could be a bit narrow as formations go, but when we have the ball Hateley can drop in making a back three allowing Saunders and particularly Hammell scope to bomb on.

Not the team I expect to see, but it's how I'd go...

What would BATE do to Motherwell though Bliki? That is what you need to ask yourself :doh:

Quite - I suspect that BATE would beat Motherwell in Ukraine. Maybe not by 5 but there would be a big gulf in class. You cannot really compare BATE with Motherwell. They are leading league in Ukraine - we finished 5th in Scottish League.