Thursday Excitement - Teams/Hopes/Fears

carlukemurray

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the 1st impressions of our new goalie?

Given how influential Ruddy was last year, I have always feared that this may be the hardest position to fill...

I've now seen him play 3 times (Brechin, Ayr, Breidablik) and still to see him make a save. Hard to tell although his kicking and handling have been pretty much spot on imo.

I can't believe Saunders was dropped last night. He was the best player out of the two games i saw against Brechin and Ayr. Hateley wasn't up to much at all and looked miles off the pace. Also, we would have scored more if Broon didn't play Sutton on the left hand side again. He's a tall striker that can win a ball in the air. Get him in the fucking middle. No point in playing two wingers when there is no one in the box that can stick their nut to the ball.

Anyway, i reckon if the away leg was first we would've came back with a defeat. Things will need to improve next week.

I can't believe Saunders was dropped last night. He was the best player out of the two games i saw against Brechin and Ayr. Hateley wasn't up to much at all and looked miles off the pace. Also, we would have scored more if Broon didn't play Sutton on the left hand side again. He's a tall striker that can win a ball in the air. Get him in the fucking middle. No point in playing two wingers when there is no one in the box that can stick their nut to the ball.

He was carrying a knock, Hateley deemed fitter. It really is that simple.

We've been so busy we missed the whole thing and I'm too lazy to read the match thread. How did it go? Is 1-0 enough for the second leg?

It should be. We looked the more professional team for the most part last night, despite a few moments. The important thing was the clean sheet and the bonus a goal. They're as fit as they're going to get, while our boys should be that bit sharper next week. Couple that with the fact that they need to score 2 and I think we should be able to see it through.

Not counting any chickens mind...

Good on them, it's an expensive trip for an occasion that couldn't be called a glamour tie. I hope they enjoyed it.

I don't think I'll ever understand the difference in mentality from that attitude and many of us

I agree its a very expensive trip for a game of football, but a clubs first ever away tie in the modern game of European football, in a knock out round, surely qualifies it as a glamour tie regardless of it only being Motherwell they were playing.

I can only assume you are spoiled Trafficlight

you think?

I remember when he first started posting he thought well fans would be scrambling for tickets to Parkhead and Ibrox cos of the stature of celtic and rangers :cheers:

Give me an away tie to dunfermline anyday

first time online after thurs. Some people really need to take the hate blinkers off with regards Humphrey,yes he`s no Ronaldo and his final ball can be erratic but I counted 3 or 4 superb crosses put in by him in the first half,its not his fault we have no-one to bury the chances, we had Murphy + Sutton both going front post or both standing off and balls were flying across the face of goal! He has unreal pace and can cross a few decent balls, if he hit a perfect cross or skinned his man with skill every time he would be playing with a far better club than us!!

Thought Forbes + Jennings did well too, Jenno played their dangerman out the game + Forbes scored + barely wasted a ball all game. Murph in my eyes was quite poor, lost the ball,not strong + got bullied esp by their big no5 (who looked pretty decent) and looked lost going into the box. He`s good running at people but he`s never a target man. Was quite impressed with Smith when he came on tho!

And Randolph I thought looked great, no real saves but fast off his line,safe hands,great kicking and very commanding + vocal

I think your first ever European match certainly does qualify as a "glamour tie" regardless of the level of the opposition.

TBF to them I think Iceland and the Icelandic people were hit as hard, if not harder than anyone else in the world when the World Banks went tits up. Didn't like half of their financial institutions go into total melt down. Add to the fact their Supporters Charter transport collapsed due to not many people taking it up, getting flights to Glasgow/Prestwick from Iceland would be very expensive in this climate.

On another note, anyone know the reason why the Wigan Athletic Youth Team took in the game? Are our Under 19's due to play them?

first time online after thurs. Some people really need to take the hate blinkers off with regards Humphrey,yes he`s no Ronaldo and his final ball can be erratic but I counted 3 or 4 superb crosses put in by him in the first half,its not his fault we have no-one to bury the chances, we had Murphy + Sutton both going front post or both standing off and balls were flying across the face of goal! He has unreal pace and can cross a few decent balls, if he hit a perfect cross or skinned his man with skill every time he would be playing with a far better club than us!!

Thought Forbes + Jennings did well too, Jenno played their dangerman out the game + Forbes scored + barely wasted a ball all game. Murph in my eyes was quite poor, lost the ball,not strong + got bullied esp by their big no5 (who looked pretty decent) and looked lost going into the box. He`s good running at people but he`s never a target man. Was quite impressed with Smith when he came on tho!

And Randolph I thought looked great, no real saves but fast off his line,safe hands,great kicking and very commanding + vocal

There was one cross that Humphrey put in the first half that was fizzed across the goal that was crying out for someone to connect front post, centre, or back post with no takers.

Some of Hately's crosses were woeful.

Sutton should be played as target man asz he is stronger with Murphy playing off him or wide.

I was also impressed by Smith, he looks big and strong.

I don't think I'll ever understand the difference in mentality from that attitude and many of us

I agree its a very expensive trip for a game of football, but a clubs first ever away tie in the modern game of European football, in a knock out round, surely qualifies it as a glamour tie regardless of it only being Motherwell they were playing.

I thought somebody would take issue with what I said.

I'm definitely spoilt, no question, but by lack of 'glamour tie' I didn't mean a game against Motherwell, I meant a qualifier for the Europa League, which isn't indicative of having made the big time, even if it's their first European tie. It's an expensive outing for what is a relatively low key tie, and the same goes for the 'Well fans who travel the other way. Things are hard for many right now, as Well Fan 84 re-iterated, and as Iceland was on its knees only a couple of years ago, I'm sure those fans who travelled to Scotland could have used that money in other ways. Fair play to them for spending hundreds of pounds for a Europa League qualifier, I wouldn't, but it wasn't a slight upon either them or Motherwell.

I know how spoilt I am. I have passed over Champions League quarter-finals because I wanted to save my cash for the semi!

Trafficlight are you still excited by the champions league, as a armchair watcher of it i am getting a little bored by it. just wondering if those who got to the games are still excited by thought of united playing lyon milan etc the game used to be more exciting as these clashes were few and far between in the old days of the europen cup now due to tv running the game these games are happening too often and are losing their appeal tv is killing the game