Aalesund Fk Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

am seriously thinking about the ferry to Bergen and train/bus or maybe even hire car from there

How far is Bergen from Aalesund then??

Live on the South Coast and cant get next Wednesday off but there is a cheap flight from Gatwick to Bergen on Wednesday night but I havent looked at getting from Bergen to Aalesunds yet!!

am seriously thinking about the ferry to Bergen and train/bus or maybe even hire car from there

Newcastle to Bergen ferry is a thing of the past sadly mate, if that's the one you were thinking about.

You can get to Holland for about £30 notes on some websites if you want an EPIC drive!!

And yes, i'm thinking about it.....

North Shields to Bergen, although departing Aberdeen may also be an option. (It does take 24hrs though ;) ) It may be a tad late in the day, but I've heard of folk getting cheap passage on oil rig supply ships, Aberdeen to Bergen.

Flights to Kristiansand from Aberdeen, but that's even further away than Bergen and are over £1000 return FFS

Bit early to even think about it really. We were poor tonight and I'm sure the Norwegians will be a sterner test than Breidablik. But will they be tougher than Steaua Bucharest who we faced at the same stage last season with pretty much the same squad as we have now (minus Slane, Coke and O'Brien)? And who we had worried for 45 minutes in Airdrie?

My concern would be creating chances. No replacement for O'Brien, then we need to look at other ways of getting enough ball to the forwards. No prediction yet, just crossing my fingers that we come back to Fir Park with something to play for...

Newcastle to Bergen ferry is a thing of the past sadly mate, if that's the one you were thinking about.

You can get to Holland for about £30 notes on some websites if you want an EPIC drive!!

And yes, i'm thinking about it.....

Easyjet to Amsterdam, and bus out to Ijmuiden then ferry to Bergen and train to Alesund ........ simples.

priced it all up then realised i cant make it, but heres what i came up with.

Car rental for 5 days (tuesday - saturday) £109

Dover to Calais Ferry on Wed morning ( 5 people + 1 car) £25

Drive from calais to Hirtshals (Denmark)

Hirtshals to Larvik ferry ( 5 people + 1 car) £185 / 217Euro

Drive Larvik to Aalesunds

Watch game then all the way back

back in dover Late Friday night.

5 people sharing comes to around £60 per person, plus fuel. which with an eco-friendly rental doing around 60mpg for the 1700miles is a total of £140 in fuel, split between the 5.

So everything for under £100 each :D

Please drop Hateley. He was played on the right side of midfield tonight in place of Humphrey. In Humphrey's short time on the park he played 2 good balls into the box, something Hateley failed to do all game.

And if what I've heard is right, they'll just stifle us and play the high ball all day, so we need to get in behind them. Humphrey seems to be able to play brilliant balls onto the 6 yard line, sadly there's never anyone there to finish them.

I'm comfortable with the defence and centre of midfield but I just don't think we're utilising Sutton correctly. If we can do this then I feel we'll have the potential to score a ton of goals between Suttons heading and Murphy's acceleration.

In the long term, as has been said before, Forbes needs to be behind the front two.

To be honest i only think Hateley was played right midfield instead of Humphrey was to be more solid defensively on the right hand side to see the tie out. I don't think it would be a regular place for Hateley unless we were defending a lead and seeing the game out.

Congrats with the victory in Iceland. As expected but still a good feeling I would believe ! :nod:

I see the discussions on how to get here and prices, and I have a just a little information to this.

Bergen-Aalesund by car is a drive that will take about 6-7 hours in a normal speed. There are 2 or 3 ferries on this route as well. Expect approx £15 per ferry. If you like nice scenery then this is a fantastic trip ! (bring a GPS)

Oslo-Aalesund is also about 7 hours. Better roads and decent scenery. Oslo is crap, but it gets better as you approach Aalesund.

If you go by car: Keep within or close to the speed limits ! Fines are astronomic...easy £300 - up.

Another airport to check prices via is Trondheim. Trondheim is a 5 hour drive from Aalesund.

Ask if there is something you would like to know.

I can't believe John Boyle doesn't know someone who has a private jet the team and a few supporters can squeeze into, it's a disgrace and he should resign!

only joking

ferry and then drive sounds the best option but I can't do it (time off work, cost etc) but it would be a great adventure!!!

As for the game, coming way with a clean sheet is all that I would ask for.

Reading on their forums sounds like a few of them are very confident, somewhat overconfident about their chances.

Hopefully they underestimate us and we can go out and scud them, being the seeded team after all we should be stronger than them.

Congrats with the victory in Iceland. As expected but still a good feeling I would believe ! :nod:

I see the discussions on how to get here and prices, and I have a just a little information to this.

Bergen-Aalesund by car is a drive that will take about 6-7 hours in a normal speed. There are 2 or 3 ferries on this route as well. Expect approx £15 per ferry. If you like nice scenery then this is a fantastic trip ! (bring a GPS)

Oslo-Aalesund is also about 7 hours. Better roads and decent scenery. Oslo is crap, but it gets better as you approach Aalesund.

If you go by car: Keep within or close to the speed limits ! Fines are astronomic...easy £300 - up.

Another airport to check prices via is Trondheim. Trondheim is a 5 hour drive from Aalesund.

Ask if there is something you would like to know.

Thanks Daggad - good info for the lads who are travelling

Thanks Daggad - good info for the lads who are travelling

Actually 4 ferries from Bergen to Ålesund:

Oppedal - Lavik

Anda - Lote

Folkestad - Volda

Festøy - Solevågen

Why dont you just take the plane from Scotland - Oslo and then Oslo - Ålesund. :nod: Faster!!!

that would be my prediction.if we defend crosses and corners like we did in both games then you'd think a better team with big forwards would take more advantage.think an away goal is very important for our chances and if we don't get 1 i'd be surprised if we go through.