Aalesund Fk Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for what I know you have two keyplayers. The first is in the Central Defence, an old solid Stephen Craigan.

The second is John William Michael Sutton , who scored 21 goals in 2008.....And maybe that Murphy guy for a third. For the rest I dont know, maybe you can mention?

Remember that the speed is much faster than on natural grass, so I think your R&L defenders will be overun by our fast wing players.....

Reynold. Fast defender, PSV, Rangers and clubs in England shown interest in him, hes a key player.

Hammell, also can move, hes a pretty solid player.

Jennings, Hately, Lasely.. 3 very good midfielder's who will fight for every ball.

Murphy, Saunders, Hutch.. young players who look destined to have very successful carers.

wopss dont forget forbes.. ;) hes a nack of scoring goals wen it matters the youngster ^^

Pretty much everyone is worth a mention.. an if you want pace.. try Humps. ^_^

Remember that even if Well has "trained" on artificial grass the whole winter, it still cant be compared to AaFK who's training and playing on a-grass nearly the whole season (excluded pre grass matches on away pitch) So a big advantage for AaFK!

We have also the experience of winning the Norwegian Cup in 2009, which is a very popular tournament over here...

IF AaFK play up till 100% we will crush Well with ease.....

IF AaFK play up till 80% we will have problems!

Motherwell89 and all you other Motherwell fans:

Todays the day, and as much as I hope for a win for Aalesund I also hope you all get to see the game and I wish wish you all the luck. There is not much we can do, the players have to show us what the best team is.

The weather in Aalesund is very nice, calm and partly cloudy. Perfect conditions.

Aafk will meet European resistance for the first time at CLS. Perfect nerve..

I drove to the city center yesterday evening and saw some of your fans drinking beer at the tent. In the afternoon I will join them. Hope they have a great time in Aalesund. At approx 18:00 local time they will walk to the stadium together with thousands of Aafk fans. A great trip that will take 15-20 mins. I am sure they will enjoy it !

As per now, only 1200 tickets are available for the game. It will be packed tonight as the stadium only holds approx 9500 seats for European games. Perfect atmosphere !

I've watched what highlights I could from the season so far on youtube.

Look pretty tidy, wanting to play touch and go football. They like to play down the wings, right side inparticular. Tend to favour using pace to get onto a through ball as opposed to dribbling with it. Very quick to rush upfield. The big man up top doesn't look very technical with the ball at his feet and seems to go down rather easily.

Defenders seem to sit back and let the opposition play, rarely closing down til play reaches the box. Centre backs don't look that great at reading the game, especially in the air. Looked very lucky to win at the weekend as the highlights were dominated by Valerenga.

Very much a 4-4-2 line-up with wingers. Despite having fast players, the game speed is slower than in the SPL but they do possess a very fast counter-attack.

If we can get our strikers into the box I think we will get some good scoring chances.

Mon the 'well!

Aafk does not play 4-4-2. Never ! :wallbash:

Usually 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 if we are pushed back.

Didn't look like that in the highlights of your last 3 games. 4-4-2. Two centre midfielders, two wingers, one striker and one in behind him.

If it is a 4-3-3 then one of your midfielders must play an advanced role while the other two sit back.

Motherwellfootball:

1st: God who is that girl in your avatar !? :D

2nd: We play with a diamond in the middle. One defensive midfielder behind the other two. Than there are 2 defensive wings and the single striker. The tall guy.. :thumbup:

But Rekdal never uses two strikers in a 4-4-2. But offensive in 4-3-3, and with a target man like Aarøy, it is very important that the midfielders are supporting him. If not it looks hopeless as Aarøy can do nothing alone. :wallbash:

Motherwellfootball:

1st: God who is that girl in your avatar !? :P

2nd: We play with a diamond in the middle. One defensive midfielder behind the other two. Than there are 2 defensive wings and the single striker. The tall guy.. :lol:

But Rekdal never uses two strikers in a 4-4-2. But offensive in 4-3-3, and with a target man like Aarøy, it is very important that the midfielders are supporting him. If not it looks hopeless as Aarøy can do nothing alone. :huh:

1. Cheryl Cole

2. Stevie Jennings on a 6"9 Forward :) mon wee man. B-)

Motherwellfootball:

1st: God who is that girl in your avatar !? B-)

2nd: We play with a diamond in the middle. One defensive midfielder behind the other two. Than there are 2 defensive wings and the single striker. The tall guy.. :lol:

But Rekdal never uses two strikers in a 4-4-2. But offensive in 4-3-3, and with a target man like Aarøy, it is very important that the midfielders are supporting him. If not it looks hopeless as Aarøy can do nothing alone. :huh:

The locals were saying the same last night, seems he is a one trick pony and useless with his feet and only good for getting up first to the high balls and hoping to create a chance at goal.

Looks like it is going to be around 9000 at the game tonight. Total capacity is 9500 for Euro games.

Very good for a mid week/vacation time match !

My tip: Aafk-MFC 3-1 (Well...maybe more of a dream I guess)

Ahhh...I need that ice cold beer soon... ! :thumbup: