Aalesund Fk Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

KEPT HITTING REFRESH THEN I GET 2 MESSAGES IN THE 92ND MINUTE PENALTY AFK AND GOAL AFK

I'm so proud of the team and gutted we conceded still and an away goals is priceless oh and well done to Jamie Murphy now a true motherwell legend!!!!

A word that is banded about all too easily but the fact he is our current European top scorer (and might stay there) will probably (unless he signs for one half of the OF and does us over time and time again :tumbleweed: ) put him in that bracket

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one has mentioned it yet, but that touch back to Murphy from Humphrey after the cross is world class. Just after a bounce, at pace into a perfect area.

Of course not, Humphrey is already slotted in place for Scapegoat 2010/11. :tumbleweed:

Congrats on a very good result well fans !

I am very dissapointed. On the result and on our game. We had total control in the first half and should create more big chances ... The one with Phillips was huge. One inch to the right and we would have scored.

Second half was more even. Well scored after a few minutes and as espected tried to defend their lead. Aafk was controlling but Wells where dangerous in the counterplay.

We where lucky to getba very late penalty, and scored the equalizer. No doubt about the penalty as even Brown agreed upon, but still a bad result.

I do not think it is over. We can beat you away if we play our best but it will be difficult. We have everything to win now !

It was great to meet your supporters in Aalesund and Motherwell is a team I will follow when the SPL starts !

You played a very good tactical game and deserved the draw. i think Brown was our worst enemy tonight...:thumbup:

You didn't control the game at all. The stats show that. So much for making us out to be long ball merchants.

The penalty was a sickener. Seconds left to play and the ball was heading out of play. Very unlucky for Saunders, felt that he barely touched the guy as he played for the foul. The earlier chest back looked down to a lack of communication as Randolph didn't get on his back about it.

Would have taken 1-1 but i'm now left with a bitter taste. Humphrey looked good when he came on, but the problem remains, No one in the box for him to aim at. He played a good ball into the back post, after holding play up, and Murphy was still the only player in the box.

Missed the first half, anyone shed light on the substitutions?

It really is game on for both teams. Both sides will go into next week's encounter knowing that they can progress. While we go into the game with a slight advantage its going to be tough, very tough. Aalesund are well capable of winning and Craig Brown will drum that into the players.

We will find it hard to score many if we rely solely on Jamie Murphy who admittedly is shaping up well this season so far.

A very tense and interesting return awaits. Get along to Fir Park next week folks!

Thanks Daggad + Norwegian friends for your numerous posts.

All in all we are happy with a 1-1 draw even after conceding a last minute penalty. The away goal is what we wanted and needed.

The game is still open although we will be slight favourites, but no more than 60%/40% in our favour. There will be goals in the next game and we will not play for 0-0. We need to score at least 1 possibly 2 goals to go though.

I really wished I could have made it up to Aalesund. It looks a beautiful place.

How many Aalesund fans are coming over to Scotland??

You didn't control the game at all. The stats show that. So much for making us out to be long ball merchants.

Even in the second half. The first half we had total control and possesion.. Your stats must have been calculated by a wery drunk man wearing kilt ! :thumbup:

Even in the second half. The first half we had total control and possesion.. Your stats must have been calculated by a wery drunk man wearing kilt ! :thumbup:

Does everyone in Norway wear those rose tinted glasses or is that just in Aalesund?

sutton little nock, forbes was shite

I asked if anyone could shed light on it. You clearly can't do that?

In the meantime, stop bastardising the language.

Total control and possession first-half? 100% of the ball and you couldn't score? I know we may have been a little defensive today, but to string 11 men across the goalline in the first half and still have a couple of efforts on goal wasn't bad........

according to the bbc we had 57% possession.we had 4 attempts on goal to Aalesunds 5 the numbers were the same for shots off target and we had 7 corners to your 6 so from that i wouldnt say Aalesund were in total control of the game

Does everyone in Norway wear those rose tinted glasses or is that just in Aalesund?

They are orange tinted my friend..

At least I actually SAW the game ! :lol:

It does not matter. The resault is clear. You got as I said an DESERVED draw.

But I will haunt you if we have a lucky win in Scotland !! :thumbup:

according to the bbc we had 57% possession.we had 4 attempts on goal to Aalesunds 5 the numbers were the same for shots off target and we had 7 corners to your 6 so from that i wouldnt say Aalesund were in total control of the game

Dont believe the BBC!! I fortunately seen the 2nd half and we basically allowed Aalesund to have all the ball. We were under a fair bit of pressure by the end of the game without looking likely to concede. They had at least 60% of possession.

There is a lot of optimism after tonights results and after a 1-1 draw away there maybe its justified. However, there are enough warning signs from tonight performances to be worried about the return leg eg the fact that the Aalesund midfielders were basically pulling the strings for the final half hour of the game.

We looked very lively though with Murphy and McHugh upfront the 2nd half and im sure Brown, having seen the norwegian defenders struggling with pace, would have noticed a possible weak link.

One thing is for sure the game is only half won. We will need to be very professional to complete the job next week