Aalesund Fk Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

From the half I saw I would say Aalesund had more control over the ball and Motherwell had more control over the game. In saying this there were three defensive lapses from Motherwell that could have cost us a goal before the penalty so despite the fact that we were perhaps the better team lack of concentration and control could have cost us. There will come a time next week when Aalesund will have to chase and that is when someone like Humphrey could create havoc with his speed. Our home record in one off cup ties (which this is now with the bonus that a 0-0 does us) is far from good so I am far from confident as we seem to have a nature of blowing it however having seen the two teams - we play like we can we'll win.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daggad 99% of Well fans know this game is far from over. We got a decent draw but NOT a win. As I said before we are possibly slight favourites now we play back at home. But we have seen our team lose at home to many teams in lower leagues to us - so we take nothing for granted.

Try not to rise to the bait from a few posters on here.

Are you coming over for the return leg?

No sadly I am going to Oslo next week for a big football cup with my children, I would have loved to go ! Your fans in Aalesund has been absolutly brilliant, and with a few thousand more of the same kind it must be perfect ! :thumbup:

Do not worry that anyone in here can make me feel bad about the game. I am dissapointed but moving in here I have to understand that you are all quite happy and have different views than myself. And you deserve it !

I was ironic with Motherwell fotball for the fun of it, because I think there is a chance to beat you in Motherwell. You did not scear me but you are of course big favourites to win the tie. But it must be played first..

One thing I must say: you all seem to be very very nice people, thats why I like it so much in here !! :nod:

I was sarcastic* with Motherwell fotball for the fun of it, because I think there is a chance to beat you in Motherwell. You did not scear me but you are of course big favourites to win the tie. But it must be played first..

:thumbup:

At least someone is having some banter on here! Gutted you won't be coming over.

From the half I saw I would say Aalesund had more control over the ball and Motherwell had more control over the game. In saying this there were three defensive lapses from Motherwell that could have cost us a goal before the penalty so despite the fact that we were perhaps the better team lack of concentration and control could have cost us. There will come a time next week when Aalesund will have to chase and that is when someone like Humphrey could create havoc with his speed. Our home record in one off cup ties (which this is now with the bonus that a 0-0 does us) is far from good so I am far from confident as we seem to have a nature of blowing it however having seen the two teams - we play like we can we'll win.

Well said. AaFK controlled the ball much of the time (1. half), but Motherwell had controll and were smart.

I also think you are right about next week. We need a goal, and that means we have to take risks.

It's funnyy how we all see things through our our own biased eyes.

Thought aalesund looked ordinary.

And didnt really look like scoring.

Thought we controlled the game.

But hey what do i know.

Left the ground gutted but woudl have taken your hand off for 1- 1 before it.

Aalesunds have a tough away game at Strømsgodset on Sunday. Wonder if we'll just train or do a bounce game?

I may be wrong, but, wasn't it second choice players in the last bounce game? Think if there is one it will be the same again.

Was glad to see Boab McHugh get on tonight but he did nothing, despite a hat-trick in the bounce game.

Bollocks - you knew with the reaction of Saunders and the other players around him that he had gifted them an equaliser Not one single player complained to the referee. He had already nearly cost a goal with a woefully short chested pass back just after we scored. Easily his worst night in a MOtherwell jersey

Aye just you forget the 4 or 5 very good tackles and blocks the young lad put in. The short pass back was a mistake yes but did Craigan beside him shout to clear or Randolph.... poss not.... the penalty was a simple error, which to me looked like a bad call from the ref, the Motherwell players reactions are stereotypical of how we have reacted since Brown and Knox took over, they dont accept any harrassment or back chat to ref's and our players dont do it. Saunders marked there giant striker at every free kick and corner, how many headers did he get on target, very little if any.

Hardly his worst ever night in a Motherwell jersey.

Was told that the throw-in leading to the pen was a foul throw, didn't see this anyone confirm? Saunders didn't need to tackle but it'd be unfair to to be to hard on him for it.

Aye just you forget the 4 or 5 very good tackles and blocks the young lad put in. The short pass back was a mistake yes but did Craigan beside him shout to clear or Randolph.... poss not.... the penalty was a simple error, which to me looked like a bad call from the ref, the Motherwell players reactions are stereotypical of how we have reacted since Brown and Knox took over, they dont accept any harrassment or back chat to ref's and our players dont do it. Saunders marked there giant striker at every free kick and corner, how many headers did he get on target, very little if any.

Agreed. He'll have the benefit of probably not seeing it again so it shouldn't do his confidence any harm. I thought Phillips was there deadliest player before the game and Saunders had his number, the same with Aaroy at set pieces.

I only saw 2nd half, but I counted 2.

But only in last ten minutes.

PS meant to to say won headers, non on target.

I thought Aalesund in all truth were woeful, ICT/St Mirren woeful, every time they got the ball, it went out wide, high ball in box, rebound shot miles over. They were abysmal and if only we had someone to match Humphrey's pace we would have won 3, 4-1.

Looked like a dubious penalty on the stream in the pub but still, to be offered a 1-1 before the match I'd have snatched it and made off like a bandit. The only chances they seemed to create were either long balls or similar to Briedablik and we kept the same result with little no opportunities clear on goal.

Absolutely gutted to lose that late goal, especially as I had Murphy 1-0 as a scorecast. If we don't progress now it's all our own fault as the game is very much in our hands and very much winnable.

funny those two woeful teams beat us last year :ph34r:

Was told that the throw-in leading to the pen was a foul throw, didn't see this anyone confirm? Saunders didn't need to tackle but it'd be unfair to to be to hard on him for it.

I remember it looking awkward but I don't think it was a foul throw, think he stooped when he threw it.

Quote from this thread, 26 July:

At Aalesund Aquarium, the resident psychic Paula the Jellyfish has made the following prediction:

AaFK - MFC 1-1.

MFC - AaFK 6-6 (6-2 at half-time).

Let's hope for two great games!

With 12 goals, at least the next game will be great...

As for the game today, the UEFA stats are definitely the correct ones. Our team's weak points and yet tenacity was as expected, and our last minute luck as hoped for. And your guys definitely gave us some tough opposition! It will be really interesting to see how next week's game compares to this - just wish our guys didn't have a tough away game on Sunday too.

Well, it was great fun having you here, meeting some of you Online people, and we're looking forward to coming over next week!

Flight from Aalesund to Glasgow i think

Yepp, correct.

If I wasn't this drunk I would write more in my first post here, but because this forum got lazy admins I didn't get to post the first week I registreded. My plan was to give advice etc to people traveling to Ålesund, but some Lassie did that before me. Anyways..

Wtf can I say about the match today? To be honest, Motherwell looked really shit. We didn't beat you which also makes us shit. Shit vs shit is a shit match, and the match was shit. Anyway, you scored a goal and we were lucky to get a penalty. 1-1 which before the match would be good result for you, after the match it felt like a good result for us. Thats football!

Ai ai.. Motherwell got every chance now to win this, but as far as I try to know AaFK they always surprise me. I can't se us winning at Fir Park, but suddenly Aarøy wins a header and we're infront after a few minutes. Football is a game, and in a game everything can happen!

Anyhows, fuck the result and thats like - I'm looking forward to go to Scotland next week! AaFK in Europe, it sounds like a joke, but it's true. 10 years ago we were in the second div in Norway, playing local teams with around 500-600 in the crowd. Now we play in a new modern stadium with alomst 11 000 in the crowd.

Before I go to bed, which I should have done hours ago, I got one question. Can you use English pund in Scotland?! I know I can use the scottish pound in England (not easy though, they often look at it for a few minutes before its ok), so I would be surprised if you told me that i can not use the english one in Scotland. I got a £20 which is waiting to be used on beer!

Before I go to bed, which I should have done hours ago, I got one question. Can you use English pund in Scotland?! I know I can use the scottish pound in England (not easy though, they often look at it for a few minutes before its ok), so I would be surprised if you told me that i can not use the english one in Scotland. I got a £20 which is waiting to be used on beer!

Naw, we use "hectors" here.

Naw, we use "hectors" here.

Good for you! In Norway we still pay with rocks. I was just hoping that I was going to a more sofisticated country next week, and that a sofisticated guy would give me a decent answer..

Ferck it, I will bring my holy £20 anyway and use it on drugs in Glasgow..

you can use you english money here, the english are so stuck up they call scottish money monopoly money. and make a big fuss as if you've just place a piece of shit in there hand!!!

I H8 England lol

from the highlights i expected to see more from aalesunds your manager has a bit of a cheek calling us long ball merchants and as for your big striker was he even on the pitch.

I'm not over confident as a motherwell fan winning is never a foregone conclusion europe is like an extra christmas present that you never expected enjoy it while you can m8 and no matter what we wish you and ur club all the best.