Unoffical Rss/atom Feeds

numpty

So, about 18 months ago I wrote a little program that screen-scrapes the 'fishel site two or three times a day, and turns the results into an RSS and Atom feed of the news stories. (If you don't know what that means, you probably don't need to read any further...)

With 'Flow's permission, I've decided to make the feeds public, for anyone who wants to try them:

RSS

Atom

They both provide the same news, just depends which format your RSS reader is happier with. They're not perfect, in particular they don't add an accurate time stamp to the articles, but they should at least appear in the right order. Given the choice, I'd say the Atom feed is slightly less flaky.

Note: Although they've been working fine for me, it's all totally experimental and depends entirely on the old laptop in my dining room being up and running (which it usually is 24/7, but occasionally it throws a wobbler). So either or both feeds could stop working properly at any time. Rumour has it the new website will have an official RSS feed anyway, so this is really just to whet your appetite until that's ready :lol:

The RSS feed works fine for me, but the Atom is displaying nothing for me on Firefox 3.6.7

Hmm, will look into that when I can... just heading away for the weekend now and off to Holland on Sunday night, so might be a few days before I get a chance...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...