Esteban Casagolda

hammerfist

• 2 weeks later...

Reported on the radio that Gloria is out for 4-5 weeks after a minor operation on his knee

anyone got any info?

edit: just seen the official site update where the boss mentions it

"We’re hopeful for Hammell this weekend,” the gaffer confirmed. “So we are pretty much at full strength with the exception of Marc Fitzpatrick (knee), big Shaun Hutchison (hamstring) and Casagolda who had an operation for a knee cartilage problem and will be out for three weeks.”

• 1 month later...

Good to see Casagolda back last night, looked pretty sharp considering his recent lay off. Where can he fit in to the team or will he be used as a bit part/impact sub? I think if Gow got given his chance with a run of games Esteban deserves his shot aswell before (worst case scenario) we lose blackman in January.

Looks as though he's got a few good wee touches/tricks in him, but I think he needs to get a bit stronger on the ball before he can become a first team regular. Not saying he doesn't have it in him, but things are working on the field for us at the moment, so if it ain't broke, don't fix it - unless he turns out to be something really special!

He looks a handful for the defenders trying to mark him, quite niggily and can see him winning plenty of fouls and yellow cards for the opposition. Please with his commitment and fight, won a few balls that looked lost causes last night.

Agree with that, surprised me last night with his workrate, sort of expected a half arsed fancy dan type but pleasantly surprised. He can have an impact if he gets a chance possibly.

Yes, he looked promising when he came on last night. Lets not forget he has never been 100% match fit since joining us and he's duw a chanceto show what he can do. As another poster, Welldaft, told me last night he's been scoring goals for fun in training. CB seems to be impressed with hm too.

At one point late in the game the other night someone, probably hately sent over a long high pass, the way Casagolda brought it down with instant control was very impressive.

One things for sure, he's going to have to be a bit of a player to force his way into the first team, the way we are playing at the moment.

One thing I've taken from this season so far is this, regardless of form or position in the team, some players are better suited in terms of their physical stature and general game than others depending on the opposition.

We've now got a run of teams that will press us and allow us to counter attack and not stifle the games (St. Mirren/Accies style). It may mean that until we meet these two teams again I reckon Sutton will spend a little more time on the bench than he's used to and nippy players such as Casagolda will get more exposure as they compliment the pace we have in abundance in our forward line.

• 1 month later...