Hutchinson

mio

What's happened to him?

I know he had a bad injury last season but as far as i'm aware he's over it now and fully recovered. Does Craig Brown not rate him?

When he broke through last year he was immense, in my 30yrs of watching Motherwell i haven't seen as much potential in any young defender we've had!! that's including the Likes of Boyd, McCart, Wishart, McMillan etc.

I really hope the lad gets back in the 1st team cos in my opinion he was a class act, and way better than the likes of Craigan.

He's a good prospect but he's not going to oust Craigan or Reynolds from the team and a guy like Steven Saunders is a couple of seasons ahead of him in terms of first team experience. He might just have to sit tight for a while.

I reckon if Lasley or Jennings were injured it might be worth trying out in a midfield role, he's good on the ball and is a goal threat and not just at set pieces.

Like everyone else, i think the guys is an absolute class act. Eery game i seen him in last season he was simply dominant. Looking forward to seeing him grow as a player with Motherwell. Was i not Brown who gave him his new contract or was that Gannon?

I think that was more down to the club signing up players who it was seen had potential, not simply down to Gannon.

If I remember correctly, in the few games he played in I think we only kept one clean sheet. He definately has the potential to be a star though.

hes done really well in the games hes played so far i think he will be a top player for us in the future.when reynolds does leave were fortunate to have some young talented defenders at the club that im sure are all more than capable of playing in the first team

Hutchinson has 8 starts in which we've conceded 19 goals and only kept 1 clean sheet.

I've been impressed with him but are we all thinking about 2 maybe 3 games and forgetting about the rest?

werent 7 of those goals in the 1 game though mate against rangers

If he gets into the team and develops as he did even in his short run in the team last season then we will end up selling him for more than we sold McFadden for...

Ageed Melvin.

I think he could develop into one of the best players we've seen. Nothing to do with stats FFS we leaked goals for fun in the run in when he wasn't playing - he's commanding, quick, and has an eye for the net.

I'd much prefer to see him and Saunders in the middle than Craigan and Reynolds any day of the week. The sooner he's back in the team the better. Craigan has experience but the brutal truth is Hutch is already a better 'footballer' than Craggs

6 against Rangers

but also 6 in two matches against Steaua, 2 against St. Johnstone, 3 against St. Mirren, and goals conceded to Flamurtari and Kilmarnock.

I would say he wasn't 100% fit in the shambolic display at Ibrox and the goals conceeded against Flamurtari, he had a dodgy keeper behind him.

I think he is going to be our best player by a mile, and had he been a Rangers player Liverpool would have signed him up before Wilson. He does however need a bit more experience, which he will get at Motherwell soon enough no doubt.

Ageed Melvin.

I think he could develop into one of the best players we've seen. Nothing to do with stats FFS we leaked goals for fun in the run in when he wasn't playing - he's commanding, quick, and has an eye for the net.

I'd much prefer to see him and Saunders in the middle than Craigan and Reynolds any day of the week. The sooner he's back in the team the better. Craigan has experience but the brutal truth is Hutch is already a better 'footballer' than Craggs

Another example of overhyping players if ever I saw it.

In an ideal world we'll sell Reynolds for some decent cash and Hutchison will come in and build on that early promise. But he played in a good few games where our defence has been as leaky if not more so than with Reynolds and Craigan. He could well outstrip both of them but so far he's only got a handful of games and has a long way to go to prove himself even just an able replacement nevermind an improvement. I fancy he will go and do that but right now I certainly wouldn't be dropping either of our established pair and if I did it would easily be Reynolds before Craigan. Time and again we've proven to be more solid at the back with him in the team than without. He has his limitiations but he has been one of the best defenders in my time watching Motherwell.

he looked excellent against accies, kilmarnock and hearts. he was decent against st johnstone but was very lucky not to lose us the game with a slip.

however he had a nightmare at ibrox and sold goals in the two games at love street. that's seven domestic games 4 good/3 bad, he looks like he has loads of potential but i think some people are getting carried away. for me the performances saunders put in at pittodrie, tannadice, celtic park and against rangers at fir park were better than any of hutchisons. i fully expect them both to push on and improve this year though but neither of them are guaranteed games.

i agree with malky about overhyping players. someone had hutchison in their team of the decade last week after less than a dozen appearances, a year ago there was a thread where a lot of people seemed to think forbes was destined for the epl. i think we need to lower expectations and give the boys time to develop, murphy made his debut over three years ago and i still don't think we've seen him anywhere near his best yet, it's great that we're focussing on youth so much but we need patience.

What was his natural position Maxi?

Given the experience Reynolds has gained, I'd love to have seen the pair of them play together over the course of a season. Unlikely to happen now though...

I believe he came ot the club as a left-midfielder.