Who's In The Pot For The Next Round?

Dosser30

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't Dortmund unseeded :thumbup: Isn't it usually 1.30 pm our time?

first of all Dortmund are seeded (3rd bottom on my list) and second of all I gave you the time in BST British Summer Time If I would have given it In CET CENTRAL European Time that would have been the case but I didn't I gave it in our time so the draw will take place at UEFA headquarters at 12:30 PM in Nyon,Switzerland

So in the Europa League the 74 teams taking part in the Play Off round are:

Seeded:

Liverpool

Porto

Villarreal

CSKA Moscow

PSV Eindhoven

Juventus

Sporting Lisbon

Fenerbahçe

Stuttgart

AZ Alkmaar

Steaua Bucharest

Lille

Galatasaray

Bayer Leverkusen

Paris Saint-Germain

Celtic

Club Brugge

Palermo

Getafe

BeÅŸiktaÅŸ

Manchester City

AEK Athens

Aston Villa

Lokomotiv Moscow

Metalist Kharkiv

Levski Sofia

Unirea Urziceni

Austria Wien

Feyernoord

Litex Lovech

CSKA Sofia

OB

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk

Napoli

Borussia Dortmund

Dinamo Zagreb

BATE

Unseeded:

Anorthosis

Aris

Brøndby IF

Grasshoppers

Rapid Wien

FC Timisoara

APOEL

PAOK

FC Vaslui

Lech Poznan

Trabzonspor

Sibir Novosibirsk

Genk

Karpaty Lviv

Tavriya Simferopol

Marítimo

IF Elfsborg

Utrecht

SK Sturm Graz

Gent

Motherwell

FC Lausanne-Sport

Debrecen

Dundee United

Å K Slovan Bratislava

Omonia

AIK

Maccabi Tel Aviv

Hajduk Split

Maribor

Dinamo Minsk

QarabaÄŸ

Aktobe

HJK Helsinki

Dnepr Mogilev

Győri ETO

The New Saints

These are the 35 qualifiers from the 3rd round, 15 Champions League 3rd qualifiying round losers, and 24 teams beginning their campaigns.

The 74 clubs will be divided into seven groups for the draw – five of ten teams and two of twelve. Within the seven groups an equal number of sides will be seeded and unseeded. Each seeded team will be drawn to face an unseeded team.

From Uefa Site

FC Porto and PSV Eindhoven are among six former European champions preparing to enter the UEFA Europa League fray on Friday when the play-off round draw takes place in Nyon.

FC Porto, PFC CSKA Moskva and PSV Eindhoven are preparing to enter the UEFA Europa League fray on Friday when the draw for the play-off round takes place in Nyon, streamed live on UEFA.com from 13.30CET.

Those UEFA Champions League regulars are among 24 sides who begin their European campaigns when the first legs are played on 19 August, with the returns a week later. They are joined in the draw by 35 third qualifying round winners and the 15 losing teams from the corresponding stage in the UEFA Champions League.

Liverpool FC and Juventus sealed their passage when the second legs concluded on Thursday evening and are not the only former European Champion Clubs' Cup winners in the Friday's draw, with six holders of the continent's biggest prize preparing to make their bows. Porto are chief among them, with PSV, FC Steaua BucureÅŸti, Aston Villa FC, Feyenoord and BV Borussia Dortmund completing a stellar lineup.

Big-spending Manchester City FC and 2005 UEFA Cup winners CSKA Moskva are also in the reckoning, and even the lowest-ranked newcomers, Dundee United FC, have a major continental final to their name – the Scottish outfit lost 2-1 to IFK Göteborg in the 1987 UEFA Cup showpiece

Draw format

The 74 clubs are divided into seven groups for the draw – five of ten teams and two of 12. Within the seven groups an equal number of sides will be seeded and unseeded in accordance with the club rankings established at the beginning of the season. A ball will be taken from each of the bowls containing seeded and unseeded teams, and placed in a large empty bowl in the middle where they will be shuffled. The first club drawn will play its first match at home and sides from the same association cannot be drawn against each other.

Clubs and Coefficent

FC Porto (POR) [CW] 76.659

PFC CSKA Moskva (RUS) 66.758

PSV Eindhoven (NED) 66.309

FC Steaua BucureÅŸti (ROU) 47.898

LOSC Lille Métropole (FRA) 46.748

Bayer 04 Leverkusen (GER) 40.841

Paris Saint-Germain FC (FRA) [CW] 39.748

Club Brugge KV (BEL) 36.580

US Città di Palermo (ITA) 35.867

Getafe CF (ESP) 33.951

Manchester City FC (ENG) 33.371

AEK Athens FC (GRE) 25.979

Aston Villa FC (ENG) 25.871

FC Lokomotiv Moskva (RUS) 25.758

FC Metalist Kharkiv (UKR) 25.410

Feyenoord (NED) 16.309

SSC Napoli (ITA) 14.867

BV Borussia Dortmund (GER) 14.841

Grasshopper-Club (SUI) 12.675

SC Vaslui (ROU) 11.398

Trabzonspor (TUR) [CW] 10.390

SC Tavriya Simferopol (UKR) [CW] 7.910

Dundee United FC (SCO) [CW] 5.158

Can anyone explain what this talk Chick Young was slabbering regarding Mallorca and a by is all about?

Mallorca have been thrown out due to their pish finances. As punishment to the Spanish FA for not picking a good and proper team to represent them, instead of another Spanish team, whoever draws Mallorca get a by.

Yes please.

Mallorca have been thrown out due to their pish finances. As punishment to the Spanish FA for not picking a good and proper team to represent them, instead of another Spanish team, whoever draws Mallorca get a by.

Yes please.

As I stated earlier unfortunately Chick Young was talking pish because UEFA have already announced the next highest placed team in Spain (Villarreal) will take there place nobody will get a bye

Is it the same as champions league that teams from the same country cant be put in the same group and that we cant be put in the same pot as other uk teams ???

yes we can't face any team from our own accosiation (any other scottish team) however there never has been any rule about uk teams because we in uefa's eyes are from different countries(in my eyes too) and so we can always face other teams from the uk regardless because we're from different countries whether we're in the champions league or europa league

Can anyone explain what this talk Chick Young was slabbering regarding Mallorca and a by is all about?

Chick young said because mallorca were expelled from european competition due to financial reasons whoever drew them would get a bye.but this is in fact not the case because UEFA announced a week ago that mallorca's place would be taken by the next highest placed Spanish team (Villarreal) who will be in mallorca's place tommorow.so Chick Young was talking nonsense because nobody will get a bye just Villarreal will be in the draw instead

Guy on P&B has went through the seedings and co-efficients on Bert's site and reckons our pot may look something like..

Motherwell... v Sporting Lisbon, Fenerbahce, Manchester City, AEK Athens, Borussia Dortmind, or Dynamo Zagreb

Guy on P&B has went through the seedings and co-efficients on Bert's site and reckons our pot may look something like..

Motherwell... v Sporting Lisbon, Fenerbahce, Manchester City, AEK Athens, Borussia Dortmind, or Dynamo Zagreb

If that's the case then Man City or Borussia Dortmund would be good :lol:

Id go for Juventus, wont be able to make the trip but its relatively easy to get over to Italy and it would be fuckin amazin! If not I hope we get one of the "smaller" teams such as Litex Lovech, OB, BATE, Metalist Kharikiv....imagine we got through haha european football for a good chunk of the season and a good whack of cash!!

I've got the holidays in for the next round, so I hope its accessible and a wee bit cheaper than the last couple

although I would love us to get through to the group stages due to Real Mallorca being in a financial crisis

If only to see P&B go into meltdown :lol::P