Who's In The Pot For The Next Round?

Dosser30

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iv been saying OB for weeks! an supposedly if real mallorca win their case then it would be them we played not Villarreal !

Yes if Mallorca win their case with the CSA, UEFA will be forced to enter them instead of Villarreal. Not quite the way the Beeb advertised it was it :notworthy:

From a travelling point of view, a tough pot again, outside of Man City.

Villarreal and Mallorca's fighting means it'll be difficult to sort that one out until its settled, flights to Istanbul are expensive, EasyJet already showing over £200 from London, I believe you need to apply for a Visa quite a bit in advance for Russia, can't imagine Croatia being easy and Denmark will again be expensive.

Can only hope it's Man City for a travelling point of view.

No it hasn't. UEFA have dismissed it. Mallorca are going to the Court for Sport Arbitration (CSA) now. They have applied for re-instatement of the club AND the postponement of the Europa League while UEFA check every clubs finances.

As I said, was told last night they have no chance.

I hope we get Odense. I think we'll get Lokomotiv Moscow.

There's some big names in pot 7, so plenty potential 'glamour' ties. Solely in terms of how much money Motherwell would earn from the tie, what order would you put our potential opponents in? For example, would Man City result in the biggest pay-day?

Man City or Odense for me.

Man City for the fact I'd be down in Manchester or Odense for a real chance of getting through to the next round.

Although Dinamo Zagreb nearly blew their 4-0 first leg lead against Hearts last season when Hearts made more than enough chances to win the tie in the second leg. Would be tough but I think we could spring a wee surprise on them.

But Villareal, L Moscow and Fenerbache would more than likely knock us out.

If we get Villarreal will they actually come to Fir Park this time :notworthy:

:notworthy: Oh I think they might just make the trip this time. Personally I would prefer Man Shitty but agree that Odense probably give us the best chance of going through.

Have not seen the other pots, but not too impressed.

Would want to avoid Fenerbahce, Lokomotiv M and perhaps Zagreb as they would likely pump us without the glamour....

I would have liked slightly better odds than 50/50 to get a decent tie.

In order of Preference:

Man City

Villareal

Odense

Croatia Zagreb

Lokomotive Moscow

Fenerbahce

.........so Fenerbahce is it :lol:

Have not seen the other pots, but not too impressed.

Dundee United's pot has Juventus, AZ Alkmaar and Getafe in it as well as anoher known name (can't remember who) so slightly more glamourous. But I'd like a winnable tie, so Odense would suit me fine.

Thought did strike me that if United draw Juventus and we get one of the less glamourous sides in our pot (basically anyone but Man City), it does in our chances of TV money as the Utd game would probably be their first pick. Then I realised that it doesn't really matter who us or United get, the BBC will go for the Celtic game... :lol: