Not Long To Go!

AndyRoss

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching hately with interest and he was really struggling with the pace,he looked absolutely shattered and that was only 20 minutes in. He was completely invisible in the 2nd half and I couldn't believe how he disappeared. Hately and Lasley were the most innefective last night and the aalesund midfield controlled for too long. That worries me for the next round.

we should give the ref a wee mention as well. i thought the guy was excellent a total contrast to the spanish prick we had last year.

Thought he was excellent, very sensible and, well worth noting, a former footballer who was forced out the game through injury, which would explain the common sense and good advantages he played.

fitzpatrick should have never got booked, i was sittin right beside it, the guy pushed him into the bloody wall:|

Totally agree...from what I could see, and admittedly my view was slightly limited, I saw it that way too. But it gave the Fitzy haters/doubters, previously mentioned in the "Scape Goat" thread, an opportunity to get on his back again though, so that's something at least.

Totally agree...from what I could see, and admittedly my view was slightly limited, I saw it that way too. But it gave the Fitzy haters/doubters, previously mentioned in the "Scape Goat" thread, an opportunity to get on his back again though, so that's something at least.

From where I was Fitzy was pushed yes, but then went on to completely man handle the player in a rugby tackling/wrestling stylee.

Ach well, fair enough...although have to say, for big burly Vikings, they did have a tendency to collapse like MFI wardrobes at times.

Anyway, on another note which I'm pretty sure will have been covered elsewhere on this forum, so apologies before I ask this...purely out of curiosity, what was the reason we were in the away strip last night?

Did Aaselunds only bring their home strip over or something? Or was it purely a marketing exercise since we'll probably only wear it against Dundee United and maybe Aberdeen / Hearts at a push?

Ach well, fair enough...although have to say, for big burly Vikings, they did have a tendency to collapse like MFI wardrobes at times.

Anyway, on another note which I'm pretty sure will have been covered elsewhere on this forum, so apologies before I ask this...purely out of curiosity, what was the reason we were in the away strip last night?

Did Aaselunds only bring their home strip over or something? Or was it purely a marketing exercise since we'll probably only wear it against Dundee United and maybe Aberdeen / Hearts at a push?

Probably this :D

I thought Aaselunds could a hell of a lot better team if it wasn't for the Big chap up front. They looked neat and tidy, good passing moves and then the punt into the box that 9/10 missed him or he was outjumped.

It was a bit like us with McFadden, we just gave him the ball to do it himself cause he was so good. they just pump it to him due to his hight.

unlikely since their top is mainly white this season

I agree with Well Well. Hateley and Lasley were very poor.

As many know I'm not Keith Lasley's biggst fan, although I don't dislike him. Whilst I agree with what you say, we must bear in mind that both Lasley and Tom Hateley are holding/defensive midfielders and were somewhat out of their comfort zone last night. They were asked to do jobs for which they're not suited. We still need a mobile box to box or mobile creative central midfielder.

Lasley did ok last night but was glad we changed things round a wee bit in the 2nd half which was all about containment and although not pleasing on the eye at times i thought every player did a great job. Defence was solid and Murphy well what can i say a smashing goal and a scoring assist and ran his ass off. A great night's work from him and our new keeper looks a good'un too. Delighted with the scoreline although have to say it flattered us a wee bit but who cares. ^_^ . Let the Euro adventure continue.... :ph34r:

Had another thought regarding us wearing our away kit. Is it possible the only home kit that was available to the squad at the time was that with the "Choose Life" sponsor, which obviously was only signed for the Breidablik games?

I wouldn't worry though, there'll be plenty of kit when we get to the group stages :wallbash:

Had another thought regarding us wearing our away kit. Is it possible the only home kit that was available to the squad at the time was that with the "Choose Life" sponsor, which obviously was only signed for the Breidablik games?

I wouldn't worry though, there'll be plenty of kit when we get to the group stages :O

Or... maybe, Choose Life will be on the kits. So they couldn't play in the home top as that would spoil any press gathering to announce a special sponsor.

Apparently there was only one set of the 'euro' shirts made, so why print a temporary sponsor on them if that's the case.

:(