If We Get Past Aalesund...

David

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be jumping the gun a bit by looking past Aalesund, but i've been thinking recently about what happens if we get past them and draw someone such as Juventus, Liverpool or Dortmund?

Obviously, a draw against Liverpool would be all well & good, but we are likely to face a fair bit of demand for tickets, aren't we?

How many people would like to see a system in place for distributing the tickets for the home game?

Some thing like season ticket holders getting first choice, followed by the fans who had gone to both home games in the previous rounds etc?

If nothing like that is in place we'll have people who have never stepped foot inside Fir Park getting tickets simply to see Steven Gerrard or Del Piero, whilst actual fans who supported the club through the previous rounds maybe not being able to get down to the stadium quickly enough to get their tickets.

Whilst i'd love to see Fir Park full for a real glamour game, i'd hate to miss out on possibly our biggest European game in our history because there was a rush of Sky Sports subscribers wearing Fernando Torres headbands snapping up all the tickets.

how about the people who have seen every euro game :whistling:

ps another cracking bit in the programme thursday :lol:

Fir Park has a capacity of 13,000+. Say minus 2,000 due to loss of 'bucket' seats. Approx 3,000-3,500 ST holders, tops (being very generous here). 150 went to Iceland. 91 or so to Norway. Possibly an overlap there as well. The away team only get 5% allocation. Even if they got the whole of the Cooper Stand that would leave the Main, East, and South Stand to accomodate the above. By my rough calculations there could be about 4,000-5,000 seats on general sale. I'm sure under those circumstances if you REALLY wanted a ticket you would get one.

What if you have a st holder who didn't make either of the first games, why do they get preferential treatment over patg punters who went to both.

Because, over the course of a season the ST holder will probably attend more games and pump more cash into the club, and in advance (As always of course there are exceptions - I quite accept that there are a small number of ST holders who rarely attend a game and there are some PATG fans who attend every home game without fail). A ST ticket is probably the best, though imperfect, proxy for loyalty.

It costs me about 600 quid to travel to any home game. Do I get priority too?

Yeah, well, this is my point I guess. The monetary value of the season ticket is nae reason in my opinion for getting priority.

East stand Al's is the most sensible way to do it, and I'd imagine how the club will do it.

Because, over the course of a season the ST holder will probably attend more games and pump more cash into the club, and in advance (As always of course there are exceptions - I quite accept that there are a small number of ST holders who rarely attend a game and there are some PATG fans who attend every home game without fail). A ST ticket is probably the best, though imperfect, proxy for loyalty.

If traffic light sees that you are going to be on here all night :evilgrin:

If it happens and we get through - some on here talking like we will. I have supported Motherwell long enough not to count my chickens.

If we do get through and did draw an English team...let's face it Liverpool, Man City and Aston Villa would easily sell out the Cooper stand which is what they would get. Only likelihood barring a Juventus that Fir Park would be a sell out. In which case season tickets will be given priority I am quite sure of that. Even if it is just for 1 ticket each. That would still leave 6000+ tickets on general sale. Do not see a problem.

As for the old first come first served p1sh. Some people tend to forget that not all Motherwell fans live within a few miles of Fir Park and CANNOT just nip down after work on a weekday!

Just because you can afford to go to one or two games abroad shouldn't mean you get priority for a home game.

Agreed. If I'm not mistaken for the Cup Final against Rangers was it not

Season Ticket Holders & MST/Other Trusts whatever Members

then..

Those who had attended the last three home games or something

then... general sale

I don't see why trips to foreign countries allow you more right at a home game. If, and it's a big if there will be any sort of restriction on purchase then it should be

Season Ticket Holders > Those who have been to both Home Ties > General

I would even make ST Holders and those who have been to both ties in the same sale as I don't know the necessary reason why a ticket that gets you home games alone should entitle you to extras like Europe (unless of course it was in the renewal letter)

What about those that stumped up £400 for the Iceland trip, or £600 for the Norway trip? Or those that did it themselves? Or those that went to Bucharest or Albania?

General sale, first come, first serve. If you've got work commitments, get it sorted out, the majority of us have work commitments.

Trust and Supporters Association can get tae.

Been out tonight, and have not read the later posts. So maybe some repetition.

I was one of the 'Albo 10' and in no way should I receive special treatment getting a ticket for this or another game.

As I've posted on another thread, the chances that I miss out on Euro tickets are slim.

Unless we draw (should we get through Thursday) Liverpool, Man City or Aston Villa- there is no danger that any 'Well fan should miss out.

[The club has your details already].

Hint

there is a small chance that a game against city or liverpool would be a sell out due to us not being able to use some of the pod stand seats, however if i failed to get a ticket it wouldnt be the other well fans i would be annoyed at, it would be all the neutrals and the fannys who take up seats that should be going to well fans, in order to go and watch a premiership team.

I haven't been able to cough up the dough for a season ticket for quite a few seasons now, but I haven't missed a competitive game in years apart from last week in norway. It's hard to say whats fair when it comes to tickets, I don't mind season ticket holders getting first priority. My only objection is it's a pair of tickets they get rather than 5 or 6 - I paid 200 quid for my tics for the CIS final in 2005 on ebay (I hadn't missed a game in the campaign, all our games were away) and i think if we drew a bigname if we advance these tickets in a sense would be priceless and people would start flogging them to the highest bidder.

Everyone has there own opinion on what would be fair.

• Season ticket holders (1 or 2 seats Max).
  • Fans who paid the money to travel abroad to Iceland and Norway.
  • Fans who attended the home legs.

As per usual it will be season ticket holders first then most likely just first come first served.

Surprised you had to resort to ebay for the tickets...

IIRC I was a member of the trust back then and was able to order 3 tickets direct from the club without any problem.

I was surprised myself. I always remember being told there wasn't anyleft. GUTTED. Would hate that to happen again and to pay over the odds etc.

Nay luck. Think they served about 15 in that time when I was there yesterday.

I had that at the briedablik game, i had ordered mine online and had to wait ages just to collect them. It's frustrating that rule by fifa that's whats taking all the time.

Paying £200 for a cup final ticket is perhaps the most hilarious thing I've read on this thread and there has been a lot of ridiculous shite.

It was a pair. Also had a teeny bit in the daily ranger mentioning it, still have the wee segment lol.

Might be hilarious for you but i was gutted not to get any tickets. If we do advance in the europa league and draw a big name then if tickets aren't limited to say 1 or 2 per person then i believe you will get fans who hardly miss games paying over the odds for tickets.

It was a pair. Also had a teeny bit in the daily ranger mentioning it, still have the wee segment lol.

Might be hilarious for you but i was gutted not to get any tickets. If we do advance in the europa league and draw a big name then if tickets aren't limited to say 1 or 2 per person then i believe you will get fans who hardly miss games paying over the odds for tickets.

I don't find it hilarious that you had to pay £200 for a pair of tickets but you must have been right unorganised with regards to collection of you're tickets in first place, there was plenty of time in the public sale for anyone who wanted tickets to get tickets. As mentioned before I can't think of a time when 'well fan has wanted a ticket for a match and been unable to get one.