If We Get Past Aalesund...

David

I had that at the briedablik game, i had ordered mine online and had to wait ages just to collect them. It's frustrating that rule by fifa that's whats taking all the time.

I ordered 4 tickets online for Thursday, I sent my burd to pick them up yesterday cause I was working, after waiting for 20 minutes she was told that tickets ordered online would be delivered. Never said anything about delivery when I bought the tickets, they better arrive today!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't find it hilarious that you had to pay £200 for a pair of tickets but you must have been right unorganised with regards to collection of you're tickets in first place, there was plenty of time in the public sale for anyone who wanted tickets to get tickets. As mentioned before I can't think of a time when 'well fan has wanted a ticket for a match and been unable to get one.

I missed the cis final as i couldn't get a ticket. When I had went to ticket office most of the allocation had been snapped up by Season Ticket holders. Lessons were indeed learned.

I'm sure if we get a european giant there will be plenty seats left if you indeed want to go. I think i'm right in saying when we played dortmund there were plenty space left in the south stand, keeping in mind the cooper was closed and im also sure our attendances were much better back in those days.

I missed the cis final as i couldn't get a ticket. When I had went to ticket office most of the allocation had been snapped up by Season Ticket holders. Lessons were indeed learned.

I'm sure if we get a european giant there will be plenty seats left if you indeed want to go. I think i'm right in saying when we played dortmund there were plenty space left in the south stand, keeping in mind the cooper was closed and im also sure our attendances were much better back in those days.

lessons learnt indeed. I'd never heard of anyone struggling for tickets for the final until now, I recall we got an option of a bigger allocation which we took up to cater for demand as well as long ticket office opening hours to make it accessable for people to pick them up,i believe that season was one I did not have a season book and I had no bother atall in getting tickets. As you say though lessons learnt, if you go for a ticket within reasonable time there won't be an issue.

I've got to agree with Steelboy's earlier post.

I bought 4 tickets for tomorrows game ( 3 for ST holders and 1 other ) the girl brought my details up on the computer and didn't ask about the other 3 tickets so there is no way they know who have bought tickets for Europa league games.

Anyway I agree with other posters on here that there will be plenty of tickets for anybody who wants them irrespective of who we draw in the next round IF we get through.

I think i'm right in saying when we played dortmund there were plenty space left in the south stand, keeping in mind the cooper was closed and im also sure our attendances were much better back in those days.

Dortmund kicked-off at 3.15 on a Wednesday afternoon; to suit German TV. Although we didn't have the boards then, this definitely pissed off a lot of our fans at the time.

Nancy was at a traditional time and busier. However, I think there was a deal to get kids in for a quid or something. It was, of course, the McGhee days.....

Aye, I think that's a fairly standard approach and about as fair as it can be.

It's basically a more detailed version of what I mentioned in the initial post, so there wasn't really any need for the bashing of the season book holders (not that i'm saying you actually did that, of course).

A limit of two tickets per book ought to do the job in my opinion.

Obviously there's a chance that the game won't sell out, but if we draw someone like Liverpool, and considering the following the EPL has, there is a chance that we could see a sell-out.

It's basically a more detailed version of what I mentioned in the initial post, so there wasn't really any need for the bashing of the season book holders (not that i'm saying you actually did that, of course).

A limit of two tickets per book ought to do the job in my opinion.

Obviously there's a chance that the game won't sell out, but if we draw someone like Liverpool, and considering the following the EPL has, there is a chance that we could see a sell-out.

Going by the figures mentioned in a previous post that could be as many as 6-7000 tickets tied up before the patg punters get a look in.One book-one ticket as an st holder could hand the second ticket to someone who never goes to fir park leaving regular punters strugging for a ticket.

If we get past Aalesund chances are we will be drawn against a side from Romania or Turkey since there are now 3 sides seeded from each country in the play off round after tonight's results. Even B Dortmund drop into the unseeded half after tonight's game.

Should we get through tomorrow it is either going to be a dream draw or a nightmare..there appears to be very little in between............Besiktas, Fenerbahce or Galatasaray anyone :dash2:

I may be jumping the gun a bit by looking past Aalesund, but i've been thinking recently about what happens if we get past them and draw someone such as Juventus, Liverpool or Dortmund?

Obviously, a draw against Liverpool would be all well & good, but we are likely to face a fair bit of demand for tickets, aren't we?

How many people would like to see a system in place for distributing the tickets for the home game?

Some thing like season ticket holders getting first choice, followed by the fans who had gone to both home games in the previous rounds etc?

If nothing like that is in place we'll have people who have never stepped foot inside Fir Park getting tickets simply to see Steven Gerrard or Del Piero, whilst actual fans who supported the club through the previous rounds maybe not being able to get down to the stadium quickly enough to get their tickets.

Whilst i'd love to see Fir Park full for a real glamour game, i'd hate to miss out on possibly our biggest European game in our history because there was a rush of Sky Sports subscribers wearing Fernando Torres headbands snapping up all the tickets.

this thread shouldn't exit.

one game at a time and all that

i agree with the one sensible post in that everyone who wants a ticket will get one.

If we get through would be delighted to miss out on a glamour tie but get someone like

The New Saints where we have a 50-50 chance of getting to the group stages.

Unirea Urziceni

Celtic (even though we cant play them :thumbup: )

Steaua Bucureşti

Litex Lovech

Club Brugge

Napoli

These teams our all beatable imo with maybe 70 30 chance...

So there our 3 types of draws we could get

Glamour-Liverpool ect.

Winnable-Litex Lovech ect.

Tricky and crap-AEk, Lokomotic moscow ect.

Unirea Urziceni

Celtic (even though we cant play them :wallbash: )

Steaua Bucureşti

Litex Lovech

Club Brugge

Napoli

These teams our all beatable imo with maybe 70 30 chance...

So there our 3 types of draws we could get

Glamour-Liverpool ect.

Winnable-Litex Lovech ect.

Tricky and crap-AEk, Lokomotic moscow ect.

Whit???????

Napoli finished 6th in Serie A last season and have just signed Edinson Cavani for an agreed fee of €17m. Not to mention having talent like Hamsik(Slovakia Captain), Lavezzi(Argentina International), Maggio, Dossena, Quagliarella(All Azzurri). They would take 10 off us with a reserve team

Fair enough giving season ticket holders first shout but some people are pretty far flung and aren't able to make a Thursday match without a bit of planning and using up holidays at work.

I'd need to take a day and a half holiday which I did for the Briedablik game. If I do it for this one AND the next one (if we get through) then that's a week out my holidays. I'm skipping this one in the hope that we get through and I can go to the next one.

Canny penalise people who want to be there but just can't.

Stop yer girning, I'll get you a ticket.

Dortmund arent the team the used to be.

Would no one want them?

They may not be title challenging for the Bundesliga anymore, however they are filled with World Class players.

Nelson Valdez had a very impressive World Cup.

Mohammed Zidan is arguably Egypt's best player, who in turn are probably the best African nation - albeit missing out on the World Cup.

With other decent players such as Lewandowski, Dede and Kehl - they are far greater opposition than the Nancy team that beat us with ease.