If We Get Past Aalesund...

David

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about fans that live 400 miles away and don't have season tickets due to work commitments but still go to every European game home and away ?? I'm travelling up right now and staying overnight and it's costing me £150+ just to see a home game,up the 'well.

:doh: Ladies and gentlemen... another in the great "better fan than you" debate.

What about fans that live 400 miles away and don't have season tickets due to work commitments but still go to every European game home and away ?? I'm travelling up right now and staying overnight and it's costing me £150+ just to see a home game,up the 'well.
Or fans that held a season ticket when we were struggling to finish 6th in the First Division under Ally MacLeod? When were held to 0 - 0 at Boghead on a wet Wednesday evening I don't remember any of the 100 or so supporters moaning about Euro briefs.

I do know that it is impossible to meet another unseeded team and maybe it was a bad example,but, I was trying to foster the idea that it might be better to have the glamour ties in the group stages. :whistling: .

I know plenty Well fans who have watched the Well all over Europe the last 3 seasons and DONT have season tickets.

I did not have a season ticket last year due to Paying for a wedding and i will not be getting one until Christmas when its half price for the same reason. However when im available i stump up the £22 or so to get into the games when i do make it.

There is so many ways to get tickets now, office, phone, internet. Why are we complaining? I personally dont want a glamour tie, i want an equally diddy team we have a chance of beating.

I remember last year everyone thought we would beat Steua, and they beat us twice.

Their are teams I would be confident in beating in the play off's whoa are seeded. With a little luck Motherwell FC could get past Aafk and the Play off round. This ofc would really turn this into one hell of a season. We would have some really memorable trips, play against some big teams, our coefficient would be raised considerably meaning further group stage qualification could be easier, enough money to strengthen the squad to mount at least a challenge on Third. But first things first lets deal with they Norwegians !!!

Their are teams I would be confident in beating in the play off's whoa are seeded. With a little luck Motherwell FC could get past Aafk and the Play off round. This ofc would really turn this into one hell of a season. We would have some really memorable trips, play against some big teams, our coefficient would be raised considerably meaning further group stage qualification could be easier, enough money to strengthen the squad to mount at least a challenge on Third. But first things first lets deal with they Norwegians !!!

I'm just quoting this so I know where it is when we get gubbed tonight/next week. :whistling:

I'm just quoting this so I know where it is when we get gubbed tonight/next week. :)

Whilst I don't think we will get 'gubbed' tonight I'm in agreement. To be confident of beating any of the seeded teams who will be in the pot tomorrow is naive at best.