• Keith Lasley
    • Jamie Murphy
    • Tom Hateley
    • John Sutton
    • Marc Fitzpatrick
    • Jonathan Page
    • Ross Forbes
    • Null Vote

Craigan played an excellent game. But I would also say that a few other people put in a great game too. Notably, Reynolds, Humphrey, Randolph, Lasley, and of course the goal scorers.

Saunders for me. Craggs/Reynolds may have had Aaroy in their back pocket, but between Randolph's command of the area and Saunders clearing headers, they were never scoring from a cross/set-piece.

Saunders also showed the other side of a fullbacks game for the first 45 minutes. Glad he wasn't poached away in the summer and think he looks capable of becoming a full International.

Craigan and Reynolds were also outstanding for the whole game. Sutton, Humphrey and Murphy had fantastic first halfs.

Was glad to see Fitzy get on and even more glad for Page, I expected him to be above Hutch in the pecking order, but not as a sitting midfielder haha.

Saunders for me.

+1

he won more than his fair share in the air and set up two goals. a great way to bounce back from a bad decision last week.

good to see craggs and reynolds get so much praise though. mcghee seemed to put about the idea that they were a weak pairing when the truth was the exact opposite, all things considered they've been an exceptional partnership.

we were expecting to sell reynolds a month or so ago. it's maybe time to ask now what's the value of keeping him?

I actually thought Sutton was quite poor tbh. That's football for you.

In the second half, until Lasley went off, he had a thankless task against 3 defenders.

I though his movement was great in the first half though the amount of times he lost his marker to bomb in at the back post was unreal. We didn't really play the high ball in the first half so that didn't suit him. Took his goal very well though.

In the second half, until Lasley went off, he had a thankless task against 3 defenders.

I though his movement was great in the first half though the amount of times he lost his marker to bomb in at the back post was unreal. We didn't really play the high ball in the first half so that didn't suit him. Took his goal very well though.

I didn't think he held the ball up well enough in the first half, kept losing it and i felt he could have been a bit stronger when the ball was knocked into his feet. Don't get me wrong though, the guy works his socks off and as ypu say took his goal well.

I didn't think he held the ball up well enough in the first half, kept losing it and i felt he could have been a bit stronger when the ball was knocked into his feet. Don't get me wrong though, the guy works his socks off and as ypu say took his goal well.

Yeah, as someone said on another thread, the rhythm of the game didnt suit him.

some immense performances from Craigan Reynolds, Murphy and Saunders, closely followed by some very good performances from Hammell, Randolph, Jennings and the others not far behind

Really difficult to split the vote between Reynolds and Craigan as that was probably the best ever performance as a pairing

But I'll go for Reynolds just to even up the vote a little, as it was really a fine tag team performance keeping the big Tor and his pals out tonight.

Oh and what about Jamies selflessness :lol:

Goalkeeper and the back four were tremendous but Craigan gets it for a great captains display. You could see he wanted to win this as much as anyone in the ground. This reaction at the third goal was a classic. Steven Saunders was laughing his head off!

It was a tough night for the midfielders with us sitting so deep for most of the night and I thought only really Jennings gave an above average display.

Sutton took his goal well but he was either isolated or out of position for a lot of the match due to us being pressed back.

Murphy was excellent again although I though he looked absolutely done from about 60 minutes on and I was surprised he stayed on - just as well he did!

For the unselfish lay off to Page for his goal it's Murphy.

That is what made my mind up. I thought the defence was immense last night, big Randolph looks the business, (BTW who was the last Motherwell keeper to have 3 clean sheets in his first 4 competitive games? :unsure: ) The midfield did a decent job although second half you could see that they were well into their season whilst we haven't started yet. Humphrey looked really dangerous first half but worringly he tired quickly in the second. But as I said the star of the show was the "white-hot" number 9. :lol::thumbup::notworthy: Murphy led the line well and always looked to be a danger to them, his layoff to Page was a perfect example of a team player.

That is what made my mind up. I thought the defence was immense last night, big Randolph looks the business, (BTW who was the last Motherwell keeper to have 3 clean sheets in his first 4 competitive games? :cheers: )

Mikko Kaven started with 4 shut-outs in his first six or if you take league games three in his first four under the defensively minded Harri Kampman.

Giving it to Murphy only because of the awareness and selflessness to set up Page. Between Hately and him for me, though huge credit to all Well player(except for Fitzy who really should've saw red in his utterly crap cameo)

Off topic . Please get rid of the rape van pish