Aalesund Fans!

Psycho1991

Have to say Disco, my Elland Road season ticket is becoming all the more appealing....

We just about fill as much as we could at Fir Park tonight, yet a couple of hundred away fans make more noise than us until we give out a wee chant just after we score the third.... PATHETIC!!!

i spotted you in the south, what do you expect?

i agree the crowd was quiet tonight. unless jenno and craggs start promoting drinking wine before games i can't see what can be done about it though.

the best atmoshere last season was both trips to tynecastle. why? because everyone was melted.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i spotted you in the south, what do you expect?

i agree the crowd was quiet tonight. unless jenno and craggs start promoting drinking wine before games i can't see what can be done about it though.

the best atmoshere last season was both trips to tynecastle. why? because everyone was melted.

:lol: Tyncastle in December was bouncing haha. Seats getting ripped out and singing for the whole match.

Are Leeds still in europe this season? :lol:

Does it matter? Leeds can pull nearly 40k to a Bristol Rovers match and sing/create one of the most intimidating atmospheres in British football. Motherwell can almost sell out all the available seats and you'll not hear as much as a whimper during the match. The big difference IMHO, Leeds good match day experience: Motherwell rotten match day experience. SIMPLES

a couple of hundred away fans make more noise than us until we give out a wee chant just after we score the third.... PATHETIC!!!

At home we are in my opinion the quietiest fans in the SPL. :lol:

At away games we do tend to make a little more noise.

Apart from introducing a standing/falling over alchohol fan zone, I’m not sure how we can change it.

To be fair the Well support was noisy and supportive early on, but got quieter as tension set in.

The Aalesund support was fantastic, a credit to their club and country. Shook hands with a few of them after the game and I sincerely hope they have a successful season.

They were great, as predicted they outsang us(wouldn't be hard as we can't fart without getting lifted). Fir Park's atmosphere was localised in the upper South Stand. Actually makes you wonder why you even bother going to support an SPL side when the one thing you can't do is support them.

Always depresses me how shite the Citadel is nowadays....

Agree 100%. Norwegians were fantastic but there was a funearial hush about the Well support at times. Even when the songs did start they would apologetically die out after one verse. I thought that when the support finally got going in the last 10 mins it had an immediate calming effect on the team. The fans really can be the 12th man. I just wish the penny would drop.

There was a decent atmosphere in the first half in the East.

As the team got jittery the fans did too. Its just a natural reaction.

Of course the Norwegians were going to out sing us. They were all wankered!

Remember Nancy? We out sang them the whole game. Why? Cos we were all wankered!

Over the course of a season I agree the atmosphere is shite, but I think that comes with crap weather and facing the same teams all the time.

Over the course of a season I agree the atmosphere is shite, but I think that comes with crap weather and facing the same teams all the time.

and yet the powers that be think that winter football is still the way to go and that the 12 team SPL is fit for purpose. Last night gave us a glimpse of how it could be. Will never change though.

You seriously think we'd get 8,000 every week to a game? Just look at the weather of the past month to realise that in Scotland, no matter what time of year, it's going to, chances are, be horrible weather.

You don't know till you try. The fact is that our attendances are in freefall. Last night showed that 8000 are willing to come to a game if the circumstances are right. Walking up to Fir Park on a summers eve was a really positive feeling.

Even 6000 a week would be a step in the right direction at the moment.

Think positive. :P

I just don't see summer football ever taking off, the problem isn't a decent night, the problem is that come Hibs, prices will be back up to 22/15 or thereabouts, playing the same turgid dross 3 or 4 times a year, the novelty of Europe is the only thing that attracted that crowd last night, unfortunately, because a packed Fir Park is a great sight.

That is why the circumstances have to be right. You are right, watching Motherwell v St Mirren up to 6 times a year does not work. It will take a whole raft of change, summer football being one possibility, decent playing surfaces being another, pricing another. I just felt that last night was a glimpse of how it could be and Scottish Football cannot afford not to try.

You seriously think we'd get 8,000 every week to a game? Just look at the weather of the past month to realise that in Scotland, no matter what time of year, it's going to, chances are, be horrible weather.

The weather has been wet the last month not cold as it will be nov-march, that makes a big difference as it is murder sitting on a plastic seat when you are frozen.We won't get 8000 every week but we could stay above 6500 which would be better than a lot of games last season.

One of the more recent countries to switch to summer football is Ireland. There was an article about it in the Herald a few months back. The bottom line was that the crowds had not increased. As Ireland has a similar climate, I think that is a good example of the likely effect of a similar switch in Scotland.

Thought they were brilliant throughout the game. A lot of them were in the leccy afterwards and sat and spoke to them for most of the night, even swapped my brand new home top <_ with one of their fans tops. had a great night talking to them in the leccy and atmosphere almost took me back nancy bits i remember it src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_woop.gif" alt=":woop:"> ).

One of the more recent countries to switch to summer football is Ireland. There was an article about it in the Herald a few months back. The bottom line was that the crowds had not increased. As Ireland has a similar climate, I think that is a good example of the likely effect of a similar switch in Scotland.

I don't think increasing crowds is the issue,just keeping the same numbers coming every week will be Motherwell's problem this season.A change to summer football might not work but we will never know if it is never tried but give me the choice of going out last night in a t-shirt or wrapped up like an eskimo come january i know my preference.

I hate when threads like this come up, Yeah they were amazing, such a vocal support sang non stop... Make us look quiet que 3 pages of folk agreeing the same 3 pages of folk who the majority of hardly made a peep throughout the game. but come on here at every oppourtunity to nip away at the lads in the corner.

Aye they were good spent most of the night with them after the game and have been assured my saltire will be hanging in their section for the next home game.

was stuck with a very poor radio reception in Thurso last night, but both sets of fans were vocal. That was their Katowice last night .......... 1st Euro trip and it's to a right "hole" :wallbash:

Nephew was in South Stand last night and spoke highly of the travelling support. Seems a Norwegian lady tried to adopt him :blink:

Best of luck to Aalesund in the future. :cheers:

I don't think increasing crowds is the issue,just keeping the same numbers coming every week will be Motherwell's problem this season.A change to summer football might not work but we will never know if it is never tried but give me the choice of going out last night in a t-shirt or wrapped up like an eskimo come january i know my preference.

would it not be an idea to start the season 2 weeks earlier and have a 2 week break in jan/feb?give the euro teams an early start so they've at least played a game or 2 and have a short break during what's likely to be the worst weather,also giving the pitches a chance.

I love this thread :(

Had an absolutely fantastic time in Scotland, and looking away from the result this trip is up there with our cup final last year as my best memories with AaFK.

I've been to a few english towns before, but this was my first trip to Scotland, and I can honestly say that I like you scottish people far more than I like the english! Everyone made us feel welcome, and especially Georgie and the rest of the staff at Electric Bar deserves a big thank you!

After the game a group of young well-fans we met at Electric bar was taking me and some friends out to the Mega Bar, and although we didn't get back inside after being out for a cigarette we had a great time with them. I was stupid enough to say we were from Norway when the bouncer asked, which was the end of our night at that place. "No football supporters in here!". Despite our scottish friends effort to get us back in we had no chance, and we ended up going to Hamilton instead. Again, a local guy helping us out. He drove me and a few friends over to Hamilton, went with us to the club, then drove us back to our hotel afterwards! Fantastic!

Congratulations going through, and good luck to you guys in the future!