Odense Vs. Motherwell

LadywellToi

I'm totally unsure of what to do here...

I'm almost ashamed to admit this, but I have NEVER been to a 'Well away game in Europe and me and my mate had agreed we'd make a fucking good effort to go to this leg if we got through the Aalesunds tie.

The main problem for me is (aside from the normal financial ones) since i've booked to go to Oz at Christmas, I've got no holidays left for 2010 at all, not one single day left.

So do I ask for time off unpaid, which is pretty much unheard of in my work, or do I phone in sick for two days and sit in the 'Well end with my Fonejacker balaclava on so no c**t recognises me?

imagesface.jpg

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Utaka looks like a strong and fast player. Will need who ever marks him to be up for it.

Think we will just have to adopt the score more than you tactic. :evilgrin:

Seriously though this will be a real hard test and hope we can get a good result. Jack and Victor will have to come up with another cunning plan to see progression. His name might just be Murphy.

Their game v Copenhagen is live on Bet365 tomorrow at 5pm, might be a good opportunity to see what they are like.

Yes, but be warned that this game could get your hopes up prematurely. FCK are very strong this season, and I predict we will recieve an ass-whoopin'. :cheers:

FCK is the only team in DK that could match Rangers and Celtics on any given sunday.(FCK beat Celtic in the Champions League a few seasons ago)

Yes, but be warned that this game could get your hopes up prematurely. FCK are very strong this season, and I predict we will recieve an ass-whoopin'. :cheers:

FCK is the only team in DK that could match Rangers and Celtics on any given Sunday.(FCK beat Celtic in the Champions League a few seasons ago)

No it wont Unc Rifle. Motherwell fans know well the reasons why Odense are seeded and we are not. Odense finished runners up in the Danish league, Motherwell finished 5th in the Scottish league.

We have a lot of youngsters in our team and although the 3-0 v Aalesund looks good, truth is that if they had a decent striker like Utaka then they probably would have scored.

I would say Motherwell have a chance - off course, but probably 65%-35% to Odense. If we can score in Denmark and keep tie alive for back in Scotland then we have a chance. Odense are firm favourites.

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but just in case....

It appears that Odense are already through to the group stage and all they need to do is merely turn up for both legs..........

COCKY samba star Caca last night insisted Odense would have no trouble killing off Motherwell's Europa League dream.

The 27-year-old is so confident the Danes will progress he even taunted Well by claiming the tie could be over after the first leg on August 19.

And the Brazilian believes Odense will also ease to victory when they visit Fir Park for the return.

He told MailSport: "We are the favourites. Motherwell are not Rangers or Celtic and we have a great chance of going through.

"The key is finishing the tie in Denmark and then going to Scotland without any problems.

"I don't know much about Motherwell but they play in a much smaller stadium than the ones in Glasgow. That will ease the pressure on us when we travel for the return leg.

"Playing the first leg at home isn't a negative as I have a feeling we will also be able to win in Motherwell."

Caca has previous against SPL sides after netting for Aalborg in their 2-1 win over Celtic in the Champions League two years ago.

And he claims Odense's only concern will be getting caught on the break against Well.

The striker said: "Motherwell will be very defensive in Odense. We will need to attack so we must be wary of getting caught on the counter.

"After the draw was made we were optimistic. We have spoken about it in the dressing-room and a few of the players know about Scottish football."

Former Rangers and Manchester United keeper Roy Carroll is their biggest source of information while Odense also boast Old Trafford flop Eric Djemba-Djemba.

Caca said: "Roy and Eric said we are a superior side to the Scots and that we have a good chance of going through.

"We play a Scandinavian style of football.

"But foreign players like me have improved the technical side and also our physical power.

"This means we won't have any problems with the Scottish style of football."

Aalesunds were a little like that, certainly their Manager was. He said all we would do was batter the ball up the park to our lone striker. Well, as long as we get a similar result against this bunch of big mouths, I'll be quite happy.

As much as I hate to admit Caca is probably right. We WILL be defensive in Odense and they probably/possibly could beat us at Fir Park.

That said I do hope Paw Broon sticks this article up on the dressing room wall. The gap between Motherwell and Odense ought not to be as big as the gap between Motherwell and Breidablik. The difference being that we were not so cock sure we would beat the Icelanders.

They are clear favourites and they know it. Hopefully we can raise our game and give them a battle over the two games and you just never know..........

So just to recap - a c**t nobody's ever heard of claims they're going to romp both legs of the tie because they have the vital knowledge of a midfielder who flopped in a league that Gary Caldwell plays in, and a goalkeeper who couldnae even get a game for Rangers.

I'm shitin' it.

To be fair the tie itself was the best we could of hoped for at this stage, winnable with some element of luck, we keep the score line down in Norway or even hold out for the draw, and the skys the limit. Group stages would be a dream come true. Thurs win will mean the players are buzzing about the Hibs match and hopefully confidence will be high for the rest of the campaign.

It appears that Odense are already through to the group stage and all they need to do is merely turn up for both legs..........

COCKY samba star Caca last night insisted Odense would have no trouble killing off Motherwell's Europa League dream.

The 27-year-old is so confident the Danes will progress he even taunted Well by claiming the tie could be over after the first leg on August 19.

And the Brazilian believes Odense will also ease to victory when they visit Fir Park for the return.

He told MailSport: "We are the favourites. Motherwell are not Rangers or Celtic and we have a great chance of going through.

"The key is finishing the tie in Denmark and then going to Scotland without any problems.

"I don't know much about Motherwell but they play in a much smaller stadium than the ones in Glasgow. That will ease the pressure on us when we travel for the return leg.

"Playing the first leg at home isn't a negative as I have a feeling we will also be able to win in Motherwell."

Caca has previous against SPL sides after netting for Aalborg in their 2-1 win over Celtic in the Champions League two years ago.

And he claims Odense's only concern will be getting caught on the break against Well.

The striker said: "Motherwell will be very defensive in Odense. We will need to attack so we must be wary of getting caught on the counter.

"After the draw was made we were optimistic. We have spoken about it in the dressing-room and a few of the players know about Scottish football."

Former Rangers and Manchester United keeper Roy Carroll is their biggest source of information while Odense also boast Old Trafford flop Eric Djemba-Djemba.

Caca said: "Roy and Eric said we are a superior side to the Scots and that we have a good chance of going through.

"But foreign players like me have improved the technical side and also our physical power.

Superb this gives us an even better chance of going through.remember the Aalesund supporters who were on this forum before the first leg saying how they were going to hammer us.We are at our most dangerous when teams underestimate us.

To be fair the tie itself was the best we could of hoped for at this stage, winnable with some element of luck, we keep the score line down in Norway or even hold out for the draw, and the skys the limit. Group stages would be a dream come true. Thurs win will mean the players are buzzing about the Hibs match and hopefully confidence will be high for the rest of the campaign.

I'm hoping you've not booked any flights to go yet...!!!

:cheers:

your name is caca no kaka ya fud so shut yer hole :cheers: .broons team talk is done just stick this up on the dressing room wall

your name is caca no kaka ya fud so shut yer hole :whistling: .broons team talk is done just stick this up on the dressing room wall

Rest assured, this is no general attitude in Odense. We are aware that this tie is very open.

Caca is on his way out of the club and has played 0 minutes this season, so this is just yet another opportunity for him to let his mouth run.

The club, the fans and the rest of the players look forward to the 2 games against u and take absolutely nothing for granted!