Odense Vs. Motherwell

LadywellToi

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Randolph was at fault with the 1st goal, inswinging crosses into the box he cant deal with!! Rooted to his goal line!!

Craigan is way too slow and his distribution is god awful........How bad are Northern Irish centre halfs if he's still their top choice!! 2nd goal was embarrassing!!

Midfield needs fixed badly, way too slow!! ok Humphreys is quick but so is usain bolt, i'm guessing he cant cross a ball either!!

Lasley.....too slow, no vision...tries hard tho

Jennings........too slow, creates nothing!!

Hateley.....been to the gym too much, has got slower!!

plus side, we're still in the tie, and odense aren't that good apart from djemba dude and utaka who will cause us problems due to our frailties above!!

dw86de.jpg

What a goal!!!

Ref was woeful.

First half was ok, but thought we were great in the second half. Some players caught out spending too much time on the ball at times or making daft passes (that's how the free-kick for their first goal came about). On the whole though, we played better than I thought we would.

We've definitey got a chance now. I cannot wait til next Thursday night at Fir Park!

Oh and... What a goal!!!

Delighted with the efforts of the lads tonight. Looked as good if not better than them for large sections of the game, and only some careless passing has costs us a much better result. Mind you, at 2-0 down and with ten men I'm delighted with 2-1!

Yes there are areas we MUST improve on ahead of next week, but we are right in this tie and have a great chance of making the group stages.

Not at all happy with the ref tonight, booked our players very quickly yet allowed Djemba Djemba away with murder. We should also have had at least one penalty, seems to be a running theme with us!

Great goal at the end though, and what an atmos in The Pub when it went in! Next week should be amazing, canny wait!!

Not sure I follow your logic, could you expand please ?

Brondby finished below Odense in the Danish league, but beat Sporting Lisbon (a team anyone would usually say are superior to us) 2-0 away from home. So our 2-1 defeat to Odense in Denmark looks very decent.

I've been half-watching the Sporting game;it came on after our game on that Danish station. I've a mate who's a TEFL teacher in Lisbon and he'd told me Sporting were a shambles but Christ, they've been bad. No Veloso or Moutinho this season, they'll struggle to qualify for Europe this season. It's a fir point but I'm not sure those type of comparisons show much tbh, Maritimo finished close to Sporting last year and they've been pumped by BATE.

Just read that post, and really, who gives a fuck anyway?

Over the piece I thought they looked a little more incisive than us when attacking but we matched them. Which makes it more galling we lost two cheap cheap goals. However if you'd offered me a 2-1 reverse this morning I'd have bitten a hand for it and I thought we thoroughly deserved that goal at the end. Didn't think the penalty claims were stonewallers but certainly all from the seen them given category and to get none of them was really unfortunate. Red card was moronic and unlucky at the same time. Having been booked and warned to have your boot that high was silly however it wasn't much of a foul and not seen many yellows given for that foul. We'll miss him next week. But they not much better than us. We play like we can and consolidate Humphrey's pace with better crosses we'll have them rattled. Really proud of the team for their efforts tonight.

It was a strange game, we controlled large spells but they looked more incisive.Utaka looked a real threat but they didnae get the ball to him enough,djemba djemba was the best player on the park imo, ran the game for them and rarely wasted a pass although his tackling wasnae great.They'll be the 1s to watch at home but other than that they don't look much better than aaelesund.

I cannae be bothered looking back through all the pages to see if anyone has said this before but I'll give my opinion. After the euphoria of keeping the tie open and scoring, it felt like we won. But having settled down and looking at the game as objectively as possible, I didn't think we were as good as people are making out, and were lucky that they weren't as good as we thought.

First, the good part - we probably dominated for the first half hour.

The bad bits - Roy Carroll was not tested the whole game. Not once. They must have had Saunders marked out as a weak point cos they were throwing long balls down his channel all game - he dealt OK withthem mainly but looked shaky on occasion. Craigan was completely pedestrian for their second goal, and defensively we weren't great. We lacked invention and cutting edge going forward and Humphrey was our only creative outlet, to the point where we had Hammell playing cross diagonals to him on the right wing. It was predictable and Odense had it sussed. When he beat his man, bar one or two crosses, his crossing was poor. Djemba Djemba bossed the midfield, and Jennings was probably two yellows for high feet I think, and was sliding in a lot so was asking for it from the ref. We gave the ball away cheaply a lot in defence and midfield. The penalty claims - the handball was a penalty cos his arm was raised above his head, but I think I would have felt hard done by if the Murphy one was given against us.

I know I'll likely be shot down but we weren't that good tonight, but we were lucky that Odense weren't up to much either. We really need another few signings - a left sided midfielder is the priority for me.

Hopefully we can turn it round at Fir Park and blow them away with good backing next Thursday!

Also - what is all this 'The Pub' chat?

I'd be interested to see what any fans Odense made of it. I expected more from them to be perfectly honest but at the same time they weren't unduly troubled by our attack. It was another match where we had some good passages of play but didn't test the opposition goalkeeper much, if at all.

I'd be seriously considering playing a full reserve/under-19 team on Sunday. Our squad is threadbare,even 1 injury would be a disaster and hamper our chances quite considerably.

We more than deserved a goal. If we actually had some shots from outside the box instead of fannying about and trying to walk it it, we'd do much better.

We should have had atleast one penalty. Ref was shocking.

I agree with the full comment there, was it just me or did Djemba Djemba dodge a yellow card tonight. Referee was abysmal. I think Jennings only conceded 3 fouls tonight and was booked for 2 whereas their players were getting let away with murder.

Also wish we could just try a few digs every once in a while, I know Humphrey had a couple but were duly shite due to his lack of a left foot, he played well so thats the only thing to moan about :thumbup:

But I could not believe my eyes when that free kick went in at the end. What a strike. From virtually being out of the tie to being right back in it is really something.

Cmon Motherwell, become legends next week. CMON THE WELL!!!!!!!

I believe it's a mythical venue where Motherwell games can occasionally be viewed live even when they're not on proper telly...

Ah I guess its all legalities, cloaks and daggers etc? Is it a popular Motherwell hostelry in the vicinity of Fir Park?!